Jimquisition: Dynasty Warriors Is The Citizen Kane Of Gaming

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Oh good, you called it the Citizen Kane of Gaming, I wasn't aware that the film was graphically touched up and rereleased every year.

In all seriousness this might be the first episode of Jimquisition I liked. I'm still annoyed with Jim's style of claiming everyone else makes poor strawman arguments before going off to do the exact same thing, but it works somewhat here.

Way back in the day I remember playing Dynasty Warriors 3 with a friend for hours, and Jim's absolutely right, it's great stupid fun. I don't think anything will top the "MAAAAAGIC" line of the first level. But the problem isn't the one game, it's the series as a whole. It hasn't changed, it hasn't introduced new mechanics in any meaningful way, it's just slightly prettier with a few flashier moves.
I don't think it's too much to ask of a series for something to change besides the graphics.

Actually Jim, Yahtzee did nominate another game as the citizen kane of gaming.

(Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Virgilthepagan:
Oh good, you called it the Citizen Kane of Gaming, I wasn't aware that the film was graphically touched up and rereleased every year.

Don't forget the constantly added scenes! >.>

I don't think it's too much to ask of a series for something to change besides the graphics.

Neither do I. fortunately, Dynasty Warriors really has changed things over the years. At least as much as any football game or shooter franchise.

Good for you my man. I am happy you stayed.
And i searched, so now it is certified, not Jatzee, nor Extra Credits, in fact not a soul since the first world chronicles, has ever said: Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of gaming.
Not even Orson Wells.

Jimothy Sterling:
Dynasty Warriors Is The Citizen Kane Of Gaming

Drunk with power, Jim Sterling abuses his position to start sneaking out some of his more ruinous opinions. In this episode, he divulges his love for Dynasty Warriors and somehow thinks he'll get away with it. Will he inspire others to confess their secret shame, or will he bring pitchforks and torches to his door?

Watch Video

You hear about One Piece:Pirate Warriors? It's going to be released here. It's essentially a Dynasty Warriors game,telling the manga/anime's story from beginning to the Marineford arc. And if what you say about the series is true (and I know itt is,considering it's you) then this should be fun.

Does anyone know what happened to the video? It doesn't seem to load anymore. :S

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here