I Love You So Much I Might Even Call Sometime

Pages PREV 1 2

I was up till last week in a similar state to "Hit Itself In Its Confusion!"
I'm seeing a charming guy that I really like and when we are together everything is perfect. I mean Disney perfect, there are birds chirping and violins play when we hold hands. But then I'd get back home and... nothing.
I don't mean nothing, he does call and he does reply to my texts but he always felt like he is holding back, or restraining himself.

At some point I got pissed off and talked to him about it. I told him I'm feeling mixed signals from him and that I want to know what is going on between us. Apparently he just felt shy and a bit overwhelmed by me. He said he hadn't felt this way towards someone since his mythical ex and though I was quite clear with my feelings he wasn't sure I was being genuine or that once I know what he is really like that I will like him less.

Yeah, it was that simple, we liked each other too much and so we acted like idiots.
Conclusion? Talk about these things. It can only do you good.

artanis_neravar:

Speak for yourself, I was good my first time

...so you're as good in the sack now as you were the first time? Generally when you practice at things you're supposed to get better at them...

Letter #1)
Maybe there's some under lying issue here since there is a Judo club involved... Maybe she's trying to emotionally "conquer" or "challenge" her teacher? And even if not, she's seems to be trying to dominate the dude.

Lukeje:

artanis_neravar:

...so you're as good in the sack now as you were the first time? Generally when you practice at things you're supposed to get better at them...

being good, does not mean you can't get better

artanis_neravar:

Lukeje:

artanis_neravar:

That's exactly my point. You responded with a non-sequitur.

Lukeje:

artanis_neravar:

Lukeje:

That's exactly my point. You answered the question with a non-sequitur.

Then I don't get your question. You are asking a question based on my assertion of being good my first time, that implies that I did not get better. Of course I got better, like you said, one gets better with practice.

artanis_neravar:

Lukeje:

artanis_neravar:

Then I don't get your question. You are asking a question based on my assertion of being good my first time, that implies that I did not get better. Of course I got better, like you said, one gets better with practice.

The original assertion was that the more partners you have, the better you get. You replied by saying that you were good to start with. This only invalidates the original point if you didn't get any better. See what I'm getting at?

Lukeje:

artanis_neravar:

Lukeje:

The original assertion was that the more partners you have, the better you get. You replied by saying that you were good to start with. This only invalidates the original point if you didn't get any better. See what I'm getting at?

Ah, now I see. I was replying to the part about it not being worth dating a virgin because they won't be good.

artanis_neravar:
Ah, now I see. I was replying to the part about it not being worth dating a virgin because they won't be good.

Ahhh. Apologies for the confusion then.

Lukeje:

artanis_neravar:

Ahhh. Apologies for the confusion then.

No problem, I probably should have been more specific, but I was a tad drunk at the time of writing.

Full Health Bar- there are a lot more adult virgins than you think. My boyfriend and I are both holding out till we're married for a number of reasons. Stick to your guns- you can do it and don't let others discourage you. You can have sex whenever you're ready to- it doesn't make you or the relationship "abnormal". So there.
Oh and btw- just because we haven't had intercourse doesn't make us naive or "unsexual". There's a lot of pleasure you can get without having a dick inside you. I can't believe I just said that outloud. Virgins do not have to equal naive, and mutual masturbation can be fun. There. I said it.

ADDLibrarian:
mutual masturbation can be fun.

That just sounds like cheating to me.

This advice actually didn't suck. Well done.

With regard to the girl who can't get her guy to call her, it could definitely be a case of "I'm not good enough for this girl and I never want to bother her or come on too strong so I'm just gonna 'speak when spoken to' to insure that I'm never wasting her time or intruding on her life"... type issues...

I've been in that situation before. You hold back to an unnatural degree because you think you might have found your freaking soulmate and you worry that she probably doesn't feel the same way. So you try to play it cool and... yeah, that's about as far as you've thought ahead.

Sidebar: she was definitely NOT my soulmate.

GonzoGamer:
lolwut?

Dude, did you just seriously attempt to draw a clear analogy with current gaming corp. practices, and the way a single dude was getting used a bit by his ex? Psych 101 indeed...

Tin Man:

GonzoGamer:
lolwut?

Dude, did you just seriously attempt to draw a clear analogy with current gaming corp. practices, and the way a single dude was getting used a bit by his ex? Psych 101 indeed...

No,
I'm trying to see if other's can make the analogy. And not between letter "dude" and corp practices but gamers who make excuses for corporate practices.
You have to admit that the pathos is at least very similar; that much is crystal clear.
I'm just not familiar with that mindset or with traditional psychology.

Did I just blow your mind "dude?"

GonzoGamer:

Tin Man:

GonzoGamer:
lolwut?

No,
I'm trying to see if other's can make the analogy. And not between letter "dude" and corp practices but gamers who make excuses for corporate practices.
You have to admit that the pathos is at least very similar; that much is crystal clear.

No, but you did patronize me to the point where I've decided that further discussion with you wouldn't be worth my time.

Tin Man:

GonzoGamer:

Tin Man:

No,

No, but you did patronize me to the point where I've decided that further discussion with you wouldn't be worth my time.

Good.
Just remember that you're the pot and I'm the kettle.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here