LoadingReadyRun: Jonny

Pages PREV 1 2

The Gentleman:
I counted no less than 5 admitted felonies in the process of that.

Really, I only noticed two. Which did you notice?

OT: that was one of the better LRR episodes in recent memory. Really funny :D

The Underdrawer Rangler...is there much competition with the underwear gnomes?

I feel like Graham wrote this sketch for the sole purpose of being extremely quotable.

"...I show him the guns... and he says 'no' and I show him my for-real guns and he takes me

"...my wheels are in the shop. With the rest of my car."

"A J-Rock party is about gettin' high and raisin' the roof. And if you raise the roof while you're already on it, you're just gonna get even higher!"

I usually check in to LRR for a good-natured chuckle, but this is one of their videos that made me literally laugh out loud.

Great video, guys! Fair play to Graham for keeping it all together- really impressive, and more importantly, really funny :D

Parodying the 'bro' culture never gets old.

Also, I feel like a bit of a lurker for already following your exploits in all the formats you mentioned lol

Jonny Rock and the Mystery of the Third 'Lady'

chetoos:

Amgeo:
I like it, it's like the Story Guy bits had a rowdy teenage son, who hangs out in his room whenever his cousin "The Whole Story" comes visiting.

You are so right, we should have Story guy, this guy, and the Whole Story guy each be trying to tell the same story, but keep getting cut off by each other.

yes

Yes

YES

Ya know, this is a great showcase of Graham's acting abilities.
Good that you promote your stuff, waaay too few people know about GPLP. Maybe if more watched we'd get more updates? Please?

The Random One:
Jonny Rock and the Mystery of the Third 'Lady'

chetoos:

Amgeo:
I like it, it's like the Story Guy bits had a rowdy teenage son, who hangs out in his room whenever his cousin "The Whole Story" comes visiting.

You are so right, we should have Story guy, this guy, and the Whole Story guy each be trying to tell the same story, but keep getting cut off by each other.

yes

Yes

YES

Thirded.

Shellsh0cker:

chetoos:

Amgeo:

Man, I was just going to rejoice about Story Guy finally having a successor, but this sounds so awesome it might make the internet explode. Perhaps the responsible thing to do would be to avoid it.

Alternate idea for that is to have it be a situation like in Wireless, where you switch back and forth between a Story guy thing, a J-Rock thing, and a "Whole Story" Story, though the second idea sounds much harder to write.

A true one-man show

I didn't think this one was that funny.
Not your best work, Graham (sorry to say).

Is it the new dolly device mentioned last week on the blog doing that great camera movement in the beginning ? It's so smooth o.O

This was good. Not laugh-out-loud funny to me, but really well done. Graham, you're such a great actor. There's so many great quotable lines in here. I have to know, how much of this was ad-libbed and how much was scripted?

Johnny Depp would totally do an Edward 40 Hands movie.

Your hair looks like my lawn. Green on top with brown underneath. And a body under that.

RTR:
A true one-man show

I thought the dude passed out behind Graham really made the whole thing come together.

I have this vision of Kathleen in a pink cowboy outfit, lassoing panties at an underwear ranch.

The S-Club Party joke had me rolling. I hadn't thought of that in years!

I think we've just discovered why Story Guy only mentions his preceding generations in his stories.

Also that was horrific. Even more horrific is that I know people like this. More horrific than that is that the things that made me seizure the worst was the horrific misuse of comic book references and "irregardless".

I'm suspicious that there is a level of alcohol poisoning and some secret experimental government superdrug that makes this entire monologue 100% coherent. I'm also suspicious that if you successfully get that wasted you will die by the time Graham tells you about LRR's twitter account.

I've been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother lately, so it may just be me. But was the edward 40-hands joke ripped from HIMYM?

Best credit line ever

Underdrawers Wrangler
Katherine De Vere

Mainly because I can imagine one of the guys of LRR wants to head to Wal-mart for women undergarments

DJShire:
I have this vision of Kathleen in a pink cowboy outfit, lassoing panties at an underwear ranch.

I was more thinking Katherine in Mandorian battle armor haggling with Vader for fugitive panties that are now frozen in Carbonite. But Cow girl works too.

Does it involve Ponies?

You guys have a freaking podcast? why the hell didn't you mention this sooner?

Holy crap! You turned story guy into a douchebag! And it's hilarious!

Underdrawer wrangler!

jboking:
I've been watching a lot of How I Met Your Mother lately, so it may just be me. But was the edward 40-hands joke ripped from HIMYM?

Nope. It's actually a real thing. Some friends of mine did an Edward 40 Hands party a couple years ago. It involves ducktape.

Graham_LRR:
It involves ducktape.

uhhh... I can't get that out of my head when someone writes it - sorry.

But this has no diminishing effect on the great video :)

Is this what you meant by an S Club Party?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0EjwF8o0g

I would have preferd if instead of white knickers if there were some boxer shorts. Implied homosexual encounters are always good fun when they involve an un-likeable likely-homophobic character.

I basically didn't stop laughing throughout the entire thing, loved it.

chetoos:

Amgeo:

Ok, so is Paul's boyfriend cheating on him?

Graham_LRR:

jboking:

Nope. It's actually a real thing. Some friends of mine did an Edward 40 Hands party a couple years ago. It involves ducktape.

They can see into your memories Graham. Get the tinfoil.

Cool story, bro. By the way....
There's your hot duck. You're welcome, Jonny.

Not sure if this is a compliment or not, but part way through the vid I knew it had to be written by Graham because wow, that was some solid writing! Also, that there was some mighty fine underwear wranglin'.

Just two more things to say:
A)You made me laugh
2)I need to re-watch this now because holy crap is it ever quotable

DUDE!!!!! This is like... totally epic!

Seriously, you are a surprisingly good actor!!!
Keep gracing the site with your stuff :)

ChildofGallifrey:
Anyone else feel like Graham is just way, way to eloquent and coherent to pass as a Jersey Shore party-party frat boy?

That's what I thought. Then he showed me his for real guns, and....

"The Five-0 said it was proabaly a structural thing but..."

Oh god. This was amazing. Funniest thing ive seen all week. And this week i saw Black Dynamite.

"irregardless" *eye-twitch*
Watching that whole vid, I wish I could reach through the monitor and punch you in the face.

However, cool story, dudebro.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or