Thou Shalt Not Kill Radroaches

Pages PREV 1 2

wow I feel like some fallout now, might try not to blow up megaton this time.

Great article for a great game. Fallout 3 has a lot of depth that most players barely scratch. I love roleplaying runs, and all of them provided me no end of fun.

StrixMaxima:
Great article for a great game. Fallout 3 has a lot of depth that most players barely scratch. I love roleplaying runs, and all of them provided me no end of fun.

Hm, I've been getting a bit bored of Fallout lately, could you recommend me some types or role-play runs besides Pacifist?

StrixMaxima:

Hm, I've been getting a bit bored of Fallout lately, could you recommend me some types or role-play runs besides Pacifist?

I like playing the dichotomy of Good Guy/Bad Guy. Doing it consistently is interesting and taxing at times.

I also love playing as a Scientist, focusing basically on technical skills, but not social or combat ones and having only a Laser Pistol as your trusty geek weapon.

Also, playing a very low Intelligence character using only bludgeoning weapons (no Power Glove. Too complicated!) is a blast.

Those were the runs I liked the most.

This is a very interesting concept, I've not tried many no-kill no-weapon runs since I tried to do the orginal NES Zelda without a sword, other toys were fine though.

I sort of wish one or two of Bioshock would have such options, but splicers are less reasonable than a PCP-crazed Roid-raging rabid dog. I really wished that Achievements would take notice of things like this, make them real challenges instead of BLIP! 'you completed a chapter, have 30ish points' honestly, no recent games have been hard enough to compliment you on completing them, unless they gave achieves to the old NES Castlevania.

I got a bit off-track here, I think I will give this no-kill run a try. In most games I never considered myself a contract killer or savior, in games like Fallout or Might and Magic 7 & 8 I killed and looted, but more considered myself a weapons dealer for all the stuff I sold to the masses.

copycatalyst:
Thou Shalt Not Kill Radroaches

In the post-nuclear wasteland of Fallout 3, it's kill or be killed. Or is it?

Read Full Article

I.. I am impressed. Very much so- because I thought clearly it was impossible to complete a game like Fallout III without killing anything (that radroach didn't count.. your Dad made you shoot it.) but you've proved me wrong and I believe your story overall. In fact I am motivated to do a Pacifist run in Skyrim though seeing how having sneak and calm spells can make that a simple task- I would have to limit myself to doing sneaking perks to that extent or do any illusion spells. Still worth a try.

I salute you for doing such an amazing tactic or style of play. Really, I felt like Fallout III was about surviving and things had to die sadly even for the good causes- but luckily you've shown me the light of it and now I am certain I can do this in Skyrim.. but limit myself due to some perks/skills making it to easy.

Makes ya think, what other games could have a 0 (minimal) kill challenge?

Star Fox 64 3d - the game tracks your kills. The lowest point run I can think of is 18?
(Corneria 2, Meteo 0, Katina 0, Sector X 0, Zector Z 0, Area 6 2, Venom 14)

Zelda requires killing of bosses and baddies to open doors, so that's out...

Pac Man? no eating ghosts?

Mario Bros 3?

Assassin's Creed? Would poisons count here? How about hiring Mercenaries? Using assassins? Assassin's Creed should be a stealth game, so why not?

orangeapples:

Assassin's Creed? Would poisons count here? How about hiring Mercenaries? Using assassins? Assassin's Creed should be a stealth game, so why not?

I don't think it's possible in Assassin's Creed (even Revelations, where you have the assassins early). There are numerous missions where you don't have access to your guild or mercs, but still have to kill at least one person. You have a huge variety of ways you can kill your target. Poisons only would be an interesting challenge though :-)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here