Miracle of Sound: Rise (The Dark Knight Rises)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I wish I had a thimble full of your talent, man, this song is awesome.

I've been listening to it since Friday almost non-stop. I can only say, that it is simply genius. The sense of scale, the sense of what's at stake and, for lack of a better word, the epic feel of the song are just incredibly engaging. This song made me go to watch Dark Knight Rises, and also buy the past 2 Christopher Nolan Batman movies. I can only applaud to the masterpiece that this is. This has become one of my favourite songs of all time.

MiracleOfSound:

Phlakes:
Holy shit. This is definitely way up there, maybe in the top ten.

The only thing that really stood out to criticize was that the last chorus felt a little flat, like it was building something bigger than the other two but didn't follow through. The louder higher vocals almost did that but it still felt on the same level as the rest of it.

That might entirely be preference, though.

Now I really want to hear this with a live orchestra.

That is well spotted and it's because I slightly over compressed the master file so that it was nice and loud for the people watching on laptops/phones etc. The Bandcamp release will be more dynamic :)

Note to self: Get uncompressed bandcamp release!

This is (IMHO) the 2nd greatest song EVER done by you so far. (The 1st being 'The New Black Gold'. It's gonna be hard to top that!).

I am looking forward to the next song and I am glad you went back to fortnightly releases. Weeklies just don't have the same level of quality.

Something weird keeps happening whenever I listen to a new song of yours.

I always seem to dislike the song on the first listen. Actually, maybe dislike is too strong, I always feel that something is off. But then I listen to it a few times and then I start loving the song.

I think its just because every song has a different genre and I subconciously compare every new song to the old ones. So every song starts off not sounding like a Miracle of Sound song to me.

But as I said after a couple of listens I start getting the song. Rise is awesome, Gavin, keep it up! Your songs are amazing and Rise is definately one of the best.

doggie015:

MiracleOfSound:

Phlakes:
Holy shit. This is definitely way up there, maybe in the top ten.

The only thing that really stood out to criticize was that the last chorus felt a little flat, like it was building something bigger than the other two but didn't follow through. The louder higher vocals almost did that but it still felt on the same level as the rest of it.

That might entirely be preference, though.

Now I really want to hear this with a live orchestra.

That is well spotted and it's because I slightly over compressed the master file so that it was nice and loud for the people watching on laptops/phones etc. The Bandcamp release will be more dynamic :)

Note to self: Get uncompressed bandcamp release!

This is (IMHO) the 2nd greatest song EVER done by you so far. (The 1st being 'The New Black Gold'. It's gonna be hard to top that!).

I am looking forward to the next song and I am glad you went back to fortnightly releases. Weeklies just don't have the same level of quality.

Just got the FLAC and listened to the chorus... Just... WOW!

Now I can see why audiophiles use FLAC... This was good on the video but in FLAC form it easily steals the number 1 spot! Go to http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/ , buy rise ($1 US or more), download it in FLAC and Install VLC media player to listen to it (if not already installed). You will NOT regret it!

I have to say, the lyrics to the song are AMAZING. I especially love the bit about "rise from your grief before it grows into your bane." So many levels there! Probably your best lyrics yet, Gavin. And you sung them so amazingly well. Thanks again for this incredible song! :-D

I never really watch Miracle of Sound and I was even putting this one off....
I regret everything....

TheBestPieEver:
I've been listening to it since Friday almost non-stop. I can only say, that it is simply genius. The sense of scale, the sense of what's at stake and, for lack of a better word, the epic feel of the song are just incredibly engaging. This song made me go to watch Dark Knight Rises, and also buy the past 2 Christopher Nolan Batman movies. I can only applaud to the masterpiece that this is. This has become one of my favourite songs of all time.

Yeah, I pretty much dug out "Batman Rises" and "The Dark Knight" and watched them back to back after listening to this song for a bit now.

Diablo1099:
I never really watch Miracle of Sound and I was even putting this one off....
I regret everything....

It's ok my son, you are forgiven your past deeds~

I was the same, just wasn't sure what the whole program was about till I watched "Necromorph Soup" and then I became a fan of the series. :D

Aarowbeatsdragon:
I thought that was absolutely amazing! one problem, when the beginning is showing all the enemys...WHY NO SCARECROW?! D:

because he was a puppet. Plus he didn't want to watch Gothan burn like all the others. That's what I am guessing.

Ah, now this is more like it! I confess, I was kind of starting to get worried after Kalros, DNA and Hengsha. This was very epic though. The chorus was kind of unusual, somehow.

Damn, another fine song from you.

Keep up the good work.

My favorite Miracle of Sound song just so happens to be based on my favorite movie of all time. Well done, brought back alot of the same great emotions the movie gave me. First chance I get I'll buy this song! Shame it was just late enough to not be in your second album.

this is a excellent song
and
i got your song on iTunes today

I love how the song very much indirectly references The Dark Knight Rises in contrast to something like Take it Back, which directly references the Reapers and Commander Shepard. It removes some of the cheese factor from the song.

Porecomesis:
I love how the song very much indirectly references The Dark Knight Rises in contrast to something like Take it Back, which directly references the Reapers and Commander Shepard. It removes some of the cheese factor from the song.

Fun fact: Take It Back was originally like that but Bioware asked if I could put some more obvious references in :)

MiracleOfSound:

Porecomesis:

Fun fact: Take It Back was originally like that but Bioware asked if I could put some more obvious references in :)

Oh? Interesting.

By the way, while I've got your attention, what inspired She Gonna Teach Ya (How to Rock and Rol) (yes: "Rol". For some reason, it only has one l)?

Porecomesis:

MiracleOfSound:

Porecomesis:

Oh? Interesting.

By the way, while I've got your attention, what inspired She Gonna Teach Ya (How to Rock and Rol) (yes: "Rol". For some reason, it only has one l)?

That's a typo and it was inspired by my girlfriend :)

MiracleOfSound:

Porecomesis:

MiracleOfSound:

Oh? Interesting.

That's a typo and it was inspired by my girlfriend :)

Ah, I see.

I am sooooooooo happy I waited until after I saw the movie to listen to the song, because it made it connect that much more when I understood even the little bits of the song.

Although, I have a feeling I would have loved it anyway it's just that little part of Bane would have gone over my head.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here