No Right Answer: Best Fast Food

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Burger King hands down. McDonald's sucks, the burgers have no taste and the fries taste like limp spaghetti. Taco bell has no meat in it, nothing that tastes like meat.

Firefilm:
Best Fast Food

What do you get when you mix three 20-something Americans with lunchtime on the brain, and a debate show? You get this episode, where we will either make you hungry...or nauseous.

Watch Video

You are all wrong, Wendy's is the best. Unless I happen upon a Wendy's that is having a really crappy day, they have the best and freshest tasting food around.

The mention of value that was discussed, Wendy's has kept the same value on their value menu over the years. It is still 99 cents for a five chicken nuggets, while at McDonald's(at least the ones around me, don't know about anywhere else) they've taken one nugget away and it is a dollar of only four nuggets.

I am a little bias in the area that I really only eat chicken, but I think it gives me a nice side prospective. The big thing in the last five years or so was that almost every fast food chain came up with their own version of a chicken wrap. Wendy's has the wraps that hands down. If I get the choice on where to go for fast food, it is going to be Wendy's to get chicken wraps. The value is definitely better there too compared to McDonald's.

A chicken wrap at Wendy's in my area is a $1.79, while one at McDonald's is $1.69. "Well that McD one is 10 cents less," you say. Yes it is, but when you compare the size of the two, you'll see that the McD wrap is only 2/3 the size of the Wendy's wrap. I normally get two Wendy's wraps, so that is $3.58 before tax. Now, if I go to McD, I would have to get three wraps to equal the amount of food I would get at Wendy's, three comes to $5.07 before tax, that is a $1.49. So if I go to Wendy's, my money goes further. But, lastly in this matter, I hadn't mentioned that the chicken in the Wendy's wrap is a half of one of the whole chicken breasts that they used for their sandwiches and it is 99% of the time(from my experience) cooked just right. On the other end, we have the McD wrap that the chicken in it is always over cooked and it looks like they took one of those chicken select strip things they used to have and put it in the wrap instead of a proper good section of chicken.

On Burger King, I really can't say of late, since I have been to one in three years at least, but I remember that the food was overcooked most of the time.
I don't do Taco Bell because I don't like beef. I know they do chicken stuff, but I don't like grilled chicken, I like my chicken breaded. I know I'm picky and strange, but that is just the way I am.

Oh, and Wendy's also has the best combinations I can make, it also falls into the me being strange category, but whatever:

You get a chocolate frosty, an order of fries and chicken nuggets, and then when you eat the fries and nuggets you must dip them in the frosty. I'm guessing it is the combination of sweet and salty, but it is amazing.

Scarim Coral:
Bah, you're all wrong!

FKC > All food chains. Heck even Colonel Sanders isn't as creepy compared to Ronald and the King.

I like KFC too, but they downright expensive compared to going to Wendy's.

Oh and to add a little fast food history:

Dave Thomas was a good friend of Colonel Sanders, and before Dave went on to found Wendy's, he helped turn around four failing KFC franchise restaurants and sold them back to KFC. When Dave founded Wendy's the Colonel gave him a side chicken recipe that was slightly different form the Colonel's main recipe.

I think that's why, besides KFC chicken, Wendy's chicken is better then all the rest of the fast food places, because it has a good bit of the Colonel's recipe in it.

Best national food chain - Wendy's.

Best midwest foodchain that will as an added bonus send food to you anywhere in the US including Alaska and Hawaii - Portillos

RJ 17:
Just to bring some actual numbers into it, apparently a study was recently conducted on this very topic and Burger King came in last as far as wait-time is considered with almost four minutes between placing the order and getting your food as well as only getting orders made correctly 83% of the time. :P

That study would have when differently if they had used the Taco Bell that my family use to frequent back in the day.

It would regularly take at least 10 minutes of waiting at the window, and if they forgot something, at least another 5 or so minutes waiting while parked to the side. There were a few times when my family had to wait 25 minutes. It must have been the laziest and worst run fast food places I have seen.

I am with Dan on this one Hamburger yarmulkes FTW!!!

How does one be "honost"??

Church's Chicken. Those crispy chickenwings, that dirty rice, that corn on the cob, and THOSE BISCUITS!

dual post for me and the man-thing

me:
Burgers: hardee's/carls jr.

Chicken: panda express

Taco: chipotle

Hot Subs: i pretty much never eat hot subs, every place burns them.

Cold Subs: jimmy john's

Ice Cream: red mango. the best ice cream is frozen yogurt.

Best Overall: portillo's

boy:
Burgers: wendy's

Chicken: church's

Taco: del taco

Hot Subs: subway (toasted meatball sub)

Cold Subs: also subway, but then I'm not a big sub eater

Ice Cream: cold stone

Best Overall: portillo's

KingofallCosmos:

Timberwolf0924:
Burgers: Five Guys

Finally, I thought they disappeared. Come to Europe please! No Mcwhizzle or nuggety thingies, just burgers.

I had never heard of Five Guy's until one opened up in my city(in the Midwest US).

As far as I know it was really only an east coast restaurant until now. So, I guess they are moving west. Hmm, maybe they will take the long route and move far enough west until they make it all the way around the world to Europe.

I'm not a beef person, so really the only thing I like that they make is their fries. Oh, though they do make a mean grilled cheese sandwich, lol.

Shoggoth2588:
Sorry guys but McDonalds looses by default because their best menu items are only available from like, 4 - 5am until 11am and that's their breakfast stuff. Every morning if you want a McGriddle you go into McDonalds and if it's breakfast time that McDonalds is PACKED with a million people, a line going out the door, everybody's yelling and screaming. If you get there at noon McDonalds is a ghost town. McDonalds signs should say "100 Billion Served Hot Cakes"

I'd say it just depends on the area the McDonald's is at, cause the one in the town I use to live near, it is packed with near round the clock customers. They got so many customers, they renovated and made it bigger, then they added a second drive-tru order line(though that was just stupid, because both lines funnel into one cluster-fuck of a line going to the two windows on one side).

But I agree, if I go to McDonald's, it is going to be for breakfast. If Wendy's experiment with serving breakfast had succeeded, I would have never have went to a McD's again.

Still waiting for @PsychicTaco to show up.
But as to the best fast food chain, I'd like to say the worst. I choose McDonald's as the worst. Why? Because they can't keep consistent flavor. In Poland, McDonald's tastes so good, Americans wouldn't eat as much of it here. I came and said, "What is this shit!?"

ritchards:
How does one be "honost"??

Honosty is the trait of literate peasants!

Sonic Doctor:

RJ 17:
Just to bring some actual numbers into it, apparently a study was recently conducted on this very topic and Burger King came in last as far as wait-time is considered with almost four minutes between placing the order and getting your food as well as only getting orders made correctly 83% of the time. :P

That study would have when differently if they had used the Taco Bell that my family use to frequent back in the day.

It would regularly take at least 10 minutes of waiting at the window, and if they forgot something, at least another 5 or so minutes waiting while parked to the side. There were a few times when my family had to wait 25 minutes. It must have been the laziest and worst run fast food places I have seen.

Yeah, I disagreeded with it as well. Every Hardee's/Carls Jr that I've ever been too takes no less than 10 minutes per order, while I can't say I've ever had to wait too long at Burger King....though the 83% order correctness does seem to be accurate in my experience.

Living_Brain:
Still waiting for @PsychicTaco to show up.
But as to the best fast food chain, I'd like to say the worst. I choose McDonalds as the worst. Why? Because they can't keep consistent flavor. In Poland, McDonalds tastes so good, Americans wouldn't eat as much of it here. I came and said, "What is this shit!?"

A taco is never late nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

So yeah, imagine my surprise when the taco I use for my avatars appeared in the thumbnail! Color me surprised! :D

OT: I have to say Taco Bell of course, but I also enjoy Wendy's (Burgers are pretty good), McDonald's (Fries and the Chocolate Chip Frappe) and Subway (More healthier than other fast food)

Special mentions to Chick-Fil-A, Bojangles and Cookout!

Del Taco is my "anytime" spot when I want a quick bite, hit or miss on quality but the one near me is good every time.

I live in Southern California and a local place which is God Tier in my opinion is Legends Burgers. I've never had something from there that wasn't excellent.

I never order dessert from fast food joints but when I do end up going there (A little expensive and a very large portions.) I always end up getting a banana split because they're so damn good.

Other than that, Western Burgers from Carl's Jr. Fries from McD's. Avoid Subway like the plague. Allergic to Wendy's. And El Pollo Loco when I want chicken.

Sweet sweet El Pollo Loco

Five Guys. Seriously, if you have never had a Five Guys' burger and fries (They put fries in a large Styrofoam cup, and then dump another cup load into the bottom of the bag, they are that good) then you have never lived.

mysecondlife:

Fayathon:
I feel bad for everyone that knows not the glory of In-n-Out burgers. Simple menu, delicious burgers.

CALIFORNYUH FUCK YEAH!

..Although recently, Five Guy is ranked 1st in national survey of burger chains.

Funny because I have never heard of them.

Not from Cali, I found the glory of In-n-Out when I was living in Arizona. Utah doesn't have any In-n-Outs close by, but they're starting to move up.

Two words wendy's baconator. Thats my whole argument.

Popeyes. Your argument is invalid.

I was sad that you guys chose Taco Bell, throw the other big contender into the ring Wendy's Dave Thomas could sucker punch the king and Ronald.

The truly correct answer is Chick-Fil-A. Best fast food this side of anywhere. Best service, best quality, the stores are ALWAYS clean, funny mascot, and best tasting food. If there isn't one of these near you, you should move. You're missing out.

PureIrony:
McDonalds is not food; its just something you happen to put in your mouth and then subsequently digest.

Also, KFC is best fast food.

YOU CAN DIGEST McDONALDS!?

I am in awe.

Personally I vote A&W, but I DO like KFC.

Saltyk:
The truly correct answer is Chick-Fil-A. Best fast food this side of anywhere. Best service, best quality, the stores are ALWAYS clean, funny mascot, and best tasting food. If there isn't one of these near you, you should move. You're missing out.

AND BEST OF ALL: THEIR COO HATES THE GAYS! :D

My favorite is Subway. Debating about McDonalds/Burger King's small healthy burgers is like trying to push a semi. With it's parking break on. Up a hill. In an ice storm.

Webb Myers:
Subway doesn't do any cooking (reheating and toasting don't count), but if Subway's allowed, then you have to let in all the other cafeteria style (slide tray in front of window and point) places. Besides...there's no drive-thru at a Subway.

I have been to a Subway with a drive-thru. Granted, I've only been to one, and I was traveling.

And Chick Fil A is disgusting. No one else's food sweats that much grease. And I worked somewhere where they bulk ordered the stuff for lunch sometimes; by the time it got to the office, the chicken was already sinking in its own grease lake.

As a Mexican, I'm kind of obligated to automatically hate Taco Bell, then again, I've never tried it because I don't have it in my area for obvious reasons.

If I had to pick a favorite, I will always go with Carl's Jr. Frankly, I love the Six Dollar Western.

I've never hated Burger King, but I just never saw anything on the menu that couldn't get anywhere else. There was never anything that just clicked for me. Speaking of which, over the last few years, I've seen the BKs in my area being replaced with Wendy's and I have to admit I prefer that.

As for McDonalds, it's definitely the cheapest chain in my area and it's the only one with a 24 hour drive-thru so its always good for when it's late at night and nothing else is open or when I just feel like not spending too much on a weekend or something. Not too long ago, I ordered a Big Mac combo via drive-thru and they messed up my order. Instead, I got a double Big Mac and a McNifica (that's what they call it here) with large fries and a coke. I had just had a rough night, so I kinda took out my frustration by just eating the whole thing. I didn't regret it, but I'll probably never do it again. I definitely got my money's worth, but I would feel bad if I found out that someone got fired over that.

If there's one fast food chain I wish was in my area, it's Popeye's. I had it for a short while but then it just left. However, a similar thing happened with KFC and now it's back and it's evrywhere. I also like KFC, but I do miss Popeye's.

Scars Unseen:
McDonalds. Come out to Japan, order a Teriyaki Burger, and you will see the light. The Ebi Fillet (shrimp burger) would also do the trick.

I shouldn't care but you've actually made me feel jealous.

OT:They're all about the same to me but if forced to choose I'd say it'd be a tie between KFC for the spicy chicken burger and New York Fries for their poutine.

I don't think the title "No Right Answer" has ever applied so well. Pretty much all fast food is garbage, taste and/or health wise. Five Guys is pretty good, but when it costs only a dollar or so more to get a burger and fries from a good sit down joint, why would I get Five Guys?

As someone who lives in southern california where small burger and taco places that make the mentioned chains taste like shit in comparison are common and In & Out reigns supreme, this whole debate is just wrong. Even Farmer Boys or Gus Jr's looks down on those three.

Aside from that, McDonald's and Burger King aren't even in the ballpark of "best" fast food, or even particularly good fast food.

Subway has drive-through now. Therefore, it obviously wins by default. Because it's Subway,

EAT FRESH, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Of the three choices....McDonalds. Burger King tastes funny and taco bell looks funny.

My personal choice, Wendy's owns all the national fast food chains. All of them.

I'm Canadian, so id go with Wendy's, but on the lines of the debate, let me say this:
McDonald's was recognized as the world's largest IMPORTER OF COW EYEBALLS. EYEBALLS. NOT grade AAA meat. EYEBALLS.
That is all.

I'm convinced people who tout how great In N Out is have never had Culvers. Plus In N Outs fries are pretty crappy. Every time I've gone, they've been hardly crispy and taste bleh. Burger King and Wendy's have better fries. I even like McDonald's fries better, and I HATE McDonalds. I have yet to have a Fatburger though, and I hear good things about them.

I kind of miss Steak N Shake out here in Cali. So many of my midwest food chains I wish were here.

Fayathon:
I feel bad for everyone that knows not the glory of In-n-Out burgers. Simple menu, delicious burgers.

THIS. Dear god this. Love In-n-Out

I also like Mcdonald's. Mainly for the french fries. Also I don't know what they put in their Diet Coke, but there's just something about it that tastes good to me. Maybe it's just my imagination.

IDK about over in america but over here in Australia we don't have Taco Bell, but we do have McDonalds and Burger King (Trading as Hungry Jack's)...

EVERY burger I have gotten from Hungry Jack's has been stone cold and disgusting! However McDonalds at least know how to keep their meats and buns warm which makes for a much nicer burger overall. Also: Big Mac special sauce... need I say more!

aw man, we're talkin' subs now too? JIMMY JOHNS FTW
Fast delivery, always fresh bread, open all super late. I could seriously probably live on Jimmy Johns.

Allow me to put my hat in the ring

Carl's Jr./Hardee's

Now Carl's is the fast food chain for people who actually like fast food which is basically everyone here, (no shut up you are not a gourmet, if you watched the episode you like fast food). Why is Carl's the best for people who like fast food?

They give you more of it.

Have you ever looked at the size of a McDonald's burger patty? It's pathetic. And burger King isn't exactly large and in charge either.

Enter the $6 burger, even with it's size being smaller than it used to be (I think), it still towers over mcdonalds and burger king burgers. Carl's understands that people want meat in their burgers, actual meat. It's like they took Wendy's old slogan "where's the beef" and they're like "fuck you, the beef's over here because we just took all your damn cows".

You say that Mcdonalds had all these innovations but where do you think they got the idea for their Angus burgers from? Carl's Jr. And they still don't do it as well as Carl's does.

Burger King meanwhile from what I've seen still hasn't caught up to the "let's give people big burgers", craze and as for Taco Bell... Well if your food is mediocre to start with, giving you more of it just means more mediocrity. In fact it's just enough mediocrity to transform itself into "Kinda Bland"(TM).

Oh and I'm pretty sure that the Doritos Taco is a result of Taco Bell getting completely hammered one night and ordering the creation of the first thing that came to mind. Now stuck with their creation, their only idea is to market it as much as humanly possible instead of apologizing to the world.

To answer the question: After all those burger pictures, I won't have a craving for fast food for another month. Thanks for that! :D (no sarcasm)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here