Movie Trailers: Man of Steel - Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

My word that looks dull, though I've never really enjoyed Superman to be fair.

Umm, a Superman movie worth seeing? This has got to be some sort of trick...

kyoodle:

Can you explain how it looked dull?

Mygaffer:

kyoodle:

Can you explain how it looked dull?

Hmm really it's just that it doesn't seem to have a hook, it looks very normal. I know this complaint is brought up a lot but it looked very teal and orange, especially as the trailer went on. The choir at the beginning sounds like it was lifted from Gladiator. There doesn't seem to be much creativity there and it feels like Superman Returns..again with more modern sensibilities, specifically the focus on brooding characters. Which is fine when it's done well but in similar recent films (the Dark Knight, Bond and Bourne films for example) it falls flat, I'd take a fun dumb film with little characterisation over a film with poor characterisation that's trying to be deep any day.

Like I said I'm not a Superman fan and maybe my lack of interest in the franchise is getting in the way. It doesn't look bad as such and I will get round to watching it at some point and I hope I'm wrong and that I'll enjoy it, but it can definitely wait until it's on DVD/Netflix.

Spacefrog:

I just truly hopes that the "Dark and gritty" are used right, as in the start right until he hits Metropolis, the city of tomorrow and maybe in the inevitable first defeat.

Just please don't go Nolan on us

The dark and gritty might work a treat if Superman's presence becomes the light in that darkness.

As for the corporate criminals and foreign government things; well that's what Clark Kent is for. He fights the fights that Superman cannot. If I ever see another Superman cartoon or a limited comics run where he's bringing down Lex Luthor, I hope that its Clark Kent and not Superman that strikes the final blow.

Oh boy more flawed realism of sups in god mode.......*sigh*

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or