Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Pages PREV 1 2

"Whoa. She just Yoshi'd her horse."
"That is some cold shit."

Giggling relentlessly while typing this. You monsters. How can you be so shamelessly hilarious?!

So... She's dead, but she's alive in valhalla...

Ugh. Final Fantasy just gives me a headache now.

Wait, so the falling guy is Peter Cushing? Have you seen him buying vegetables?

Gorfias:
Now I almost want 13 part 2!!!!

This clip... made you want the game? To each their own, I guess, but even the funny commentary couldn't stop my face from turning into a perma-cringe.

Seriously Graham? A Shadowman reference? WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME FEEL OLD?!

Huzzah! Another FF game for Spoony to b**ch about. My life is complete.

imageimage

I don't approve of Purpleman's voice. It's too....masculine.

ScrabbitRabbit:

Gorfias:
Now I almost want 13 part 2!!!!

This clip... made you want the game? To each their own, I guess, but even the funny commentary couldn't stop my face from turning into a perma-cringe.

I wrote, "almost" :-) But this was nowhere near as cring worthy as FF X-2. I bought that... and the help guide! and could not stop blushing about how, er, not for me, it was. Did you see that one? The opening was beautiful if not just very wrong for most gamers.

tehweave:

Norse mythology, warriors go to Valhalla when their dead. Being dead is the prerequisite to get there. Makes sense to me that dead people just hang out and fight stuff there while drinking lots of mead.

ForgottenPr0digy:

ltmarcos:
All I could think of while watching the opening to the video is why is Liara narrating a Final Fantasy Game

fun fact:Ali Hillis the voice actor for Lighting also did Liara from mass effect series

I heard her voice and looked it up to make sure I wasn't crazy. Thank you for also confirming what IMDB told me

I have been waiting for this! So much better with the commentary.

Magnax:
Y'know, as someone who stopped caring about Final Fantasy after 6, these cinematics are alien to me. Maybe if I knew anything about FF13 this would have made some sense, but this intro tells you nothing about the game.

Don't feel bad about it. I finished XIII (didn't played 13-2), and it didn't made any sense to me either.

At some point, those cutscenes exist only to look pretty, like visual rewards to the people that gets to see them. I was both, visually and audibly, overloaded with those bright lights an nonsensical one liners. Its best not to think too hard about that happens...

First half was really good. I actually laughed. Second half - not so much. Oh, and thanks for the spoilers. Btw. Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. There you have it! Pah.

hermes200:

Magnax:
Y'know, as someone who stopped caring about Final Fantasy after 6, these cinematics are alien to me. Maybe if I knew anything about FF13 this would have made some sense, but this intro tells you nothing about the game.

Don't feel bad about it. I finished XIII (didn't played 13-2), and it didn't made any sense to me either.

At some point, those cutscenes exist only to look pretty, like visual rewards to the people that gets to see them. I was both, visually and audibly, overloaded with those bright lights an nonsensical one liners. Its best not to think too hard about that happens...

Except the cutscene carries a ton of meaning if you have played the game. Final fantasy has always been a fan of en medias res and 13-2 is no different, but if you played the game, then re-watched this cutscene then you would see the weight it carries. But alas, final fantasy is the cool thing to hate so it's completely bashed to death for no good reason.

Also, the video had some great jokes ("She just yoshi'd her horse" was hilarious) But it was clear that neither of the guys played 13, yet were complaining about inconsistencies that they made up. Lightning didn't die in 13. Or disappear, none of that happened until 13-2.

...I have no idea what just happened, but that doesn't surprise me with Final Fantasy anymore...

likalaruku:
Huzzah! Another FF game for Spoony to b**ch about. My life is complete.

imageimage

I don't approve of Purpleman's voice. It's too....masculine.

how can you hate liam o'brien?? He did the voice of Garra from Naruto and Sanctus from Devil May Cry 4

(I love your gifs)

tehweave:

She was written out of history so everyone though she was dead (with the exception of her sister Searh and Snow)

In valhalla time has no meaning(it is at a standstill) but you can still dead like that girl Yuel. valhalla is also were the goddess Etro lives if she were to die the chaos of valhalla would spread to grand pulse and cocoon.

Hagi:

canadamus_prime:
Wow usually the climactic battle happens at the END of the game.

Wait... This counts as climactic now?

I mean there were a lot of lights and stuff, sure...

But any sense of impact or emotion? They could've replaced every character with differently colored versions of Pac Man and it probably would've felt more meaningful. The final clash between white Pac Man and purple Pac Man!

Or maybe that's just me not getting Final Fantasy games or most Japanese things in general.

Yeah, I agree. Having watched this knowing next to nothing about the FF games, it seemed like a pretty meaningless battle to me. No set-up for why they're fighting, what they're fighting for, HOW they are able to do all that crazy magic stuff... But from what I gather, that's just JRPGs for you.

Illessa:

ForgottenPr0digy:

DVS BSTrD:
Is she ridding Thor in Valhalla?
And fighting emo Jesus?
What is this? Godyssey?

Lighting was riding Odin.
Cauis Ballad is not Jesus(or John the Baptist) but he can transform into Chaos Bahamut

*wince*
Sleipnir. She was riding Odin's horse Sleipnir (I assume, I didn't see the 8 legs). Whose mother is Loki if you go back to the original legends, because he's wacky like that.

No Odin IS the horse. He is a fucking transformer. In FFXIII and XIII-2 at least.

I played this game all the way through and am close to 100%ing it. It is a good game. It just gives no fucking context in the early parts.

Draconalis:
You know... I stopped playing Final Fantasies after 10 and I didn't think that was soon enough. This just makes me think I lucked out by stopping at 10... because it seems it could only get a whole lot worse.

FFXII was a great game. Poor protagonist but a great game with a rich world to explore. And not having the random battles was truly a godsend.

I played FFs in this order: VII, XII, X, VIII, IV (DS), VI Advance (GBA w. DS), XIII & XIII-2
Even after all that I have fond memories of XII.

MooseHowl:
"Whoa. She just Yoshi'd her horse."
"That is some cold shit."

Giggling relentlessly while typing this. You monsters. How can you be so shamelessly hilarious?!

Yeah, that was my favourite quote, too. :D

...if by epic battle you mean two armies I know nothing about and have no idea why they are fighting, and no reason to care what happens...but it's um pretty...

jacoby308:
I don't know who I'm supposed to be rooting for...? I'm so confused.

I think it's Lightning (pink? haired chick) cuz she was the protagonist of the previous game.

OT: When they made Liara's voice actor do the prologue, did they say "Okay, now do this with as little emotion as possible." Hearing her made me sleepy...so by the time the actual fight happened not even the flashy could keep me awake.

pigsnoutman:
Anyone know the units for "currents of time"?

Secamps.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or