New Era Twins

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

erttheking:
People meeting their rebooted selves...and? I feel like we got build up with no punchline.

And is it me or is the new Lara going through a bit of A-cup angst?

It's just you.

New Raiden is bragging about how his new game is more like DMC than the new DMC :D

Sweet Tooth, not really a "character", but it have three or more versions, Megaman and Zero could also be there.
And really, old Dante have his two dirty boots over Erin's bed. New Dante have only one. Old Dante is the dirty one.
And one funny though: Fighting games almost never reboot, and even when they do, like MK did, they almost never change nothing in the characters!
Anyway, finished new DmC, on PC. and just after I've finished DMC 4, also, on PC Amazing titles, both very good.

Raiden mustn't be here. He is by original canon. Everyone else is "remake" bs.

eltonborges:
Sweet Tooth, not really a "character", but it have three or more versions, Megaman and Zero could also be there.

Uhh no since their series coexist in the same universe and timeline and they are different robots made by different scientists.

God damn you emo kids, get out of my games!

erttheking:

She's too far from an A-cup to have any sort of complex about that.

(Unless you're referring to how Cory draws...)

Copper Zen:
Lara I recognized...not that there are many female characters out there besides her and Samus, but Samus...Metroid other M was wrong, just wrong.

I suspected the guys in the background were "Dante", who I've never played. The red coat and old Zero Punctuation clued me in: "If you have trouble telling them apart remember that "X" is a pussy and "Y" is more of a cunt."

Didn't recognize the ninjas in the center. Not Snake Eyes from GI Joe (don't ask)...so who was it?

Anyway...my first reaction was to wonder if Erin's hallucinations were overpowering her again. The 2 Lara's clued me in but not recognizing most of the characters nipped any zing for me. But that's my bad because I play mighty Hidden Objects games more than anything else, and I don't even own a console, so I'm don't play the "Hot and In Games" except on rare occasions...very rare occasions...

The leftmost ninja is Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and he's talking to his cyborg self from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
The art was pretty in today's comic, but without dialogue, there's not much of a real joke here.

Susan Arendt:
snip

Mr.Tea:
snip

I was just pointing out that there was a bit of a size difference between the two Laras, not to mention the reboot one seems to be covering her chest and looking away. But maybe I'm just stupid, wouldn't be the first time.

erttheking:

Susan Arendt:
snip

Mr.Tea:
snip

I was just pointing out that there was a bit of a size difference between the two Laras, not to mention the reboot one seems to be covering her chest and looking away. But maybe I'm just stupid, wouldn't be the first time.

She's indignant about the other one's presence. It's not always about boob size every time a girl crosses her arms, you know.

Susan Arendt:

erttheking:

Susan Arendt:
snip

Mr.Tea:
snip

She's indignant about the other one's presence. It's not always about boob size every time a girl crosses her arms, you know.

Well, it's confirmed. I am quite stupid...why do I ever open my fucking mouth? Every time I do, nothing of value comes out.

With the exception of Raiden, all of the reboot characters simply look more like people.

SweetShark:
If you watch closly to between Old Raiden's legs, you can actually see the line of his vagina.

I had to look again after I saw your comment, now I'm wondering if that was intentional...

chozo_hybrid:

SweetShark:
If you watch closly to between Old Raiden's legs, you can actually see the line of his vagina.

I had to look again after I saw your comment, now I'm wondering if that was intentional...

We can always ask the artist.
But I love to ask this question to my imagination:

Me: So, the old Raiden have a vagina, eh?
Imagination: Yep, and this is the plot twist that Kojima never tell inside his game.
Me: How so?
Imagination: Well, you can see clearly already that because I said that, the next logical conclusion is her wife actually have the penis.
Me: Indeed, we think the same. But what is your point?
Imagination: Why do you think the new Raiden have white sticky liquids inside his whole body as "blood"?
Me.............................I hate you imagination.
Imagination: I hate you too.
Me: Angry Sex time?
Imagination: Angry Sex time.
*French kiss my cat near me, while the cat wearing a mask of my sexy face.*

SweetShark:
Snip.

I thank you for that, I hadn't laughed that much in quite some time.

If anybody had told me ten years ago that Raiden would eventually become cooler than Dante, I would have slapped them across the face and have called them a filthy liar.

My how times have changed.

It really comes down to what annoys people. Old Dante wasn't exactly a flawless masterpiece of a character, but the wittiness and personality was pretty enjoyable to sit through much like watching Machette. The newer Dante is kind of annoying to sit through in comparison. I don't really have much to say about the other ones as I don't think I've ever really played tomb raider or MGS.

Fasckira:
Meh, not the finest strip in any shape or form but nicely drawn I guess.

The Camel Toe on Raiden was a bit distracting.

Susan Arendt:

I'm sure that misunderstanding mostly stems from guys thinking "If I was a lady I'd just sneak a grope every now and then. Innocent little crossing of the arms."

Turns out they are less interesting if you have them all the time, I'm guessing. I've yet to get bored of the gear layout that I was born with but it might just be on a time delay for males.

I'm sure by the time I'm 50 I'll look down and just say "You poor thing...I should have listened."

I cannot even begin to understand what is going on today in this comic. Guess I just took a level in suckage!

Raiden was rebooted?! I thought it was the same dude. I... don't play Metal Gear.

Daystar Clarion:
New Raiden is bragging about how his new game is more like DMC than the new DMC :D

Maybe new Dante has white hair envy.

SweetShark:

chozo_hybrid:

SweetShark:

Imagination: Yep, and this is the plot twist that Kojima never tell inside his game.
Imagination: Well, you can see clearly already that because I said that, the next logical conclusion is her wife actually have the penis.
Imagination: Why do you think the new Raiden have white sticky liquids inside his whole body as "blood"?

Now THAT is a love story that I would support seeing turned into a hit book series and eventual saga of films.

[Alternate Comment: Infinitely better love story than Twilight.]

Susan Arendt:

erttheking:

Susan Arendt:
snip

Mr.Tea:
snip

To be honest, that was the first thought I had as well. Lara's boobs are by far her most striking (and most famous) asset, and Reboot Lara does look quite grumpy.

I can sympathise. I have a sister with far larger boobs than me too. :(

Umm, why does the new Lara have her tongue out?

NinjaDeathSlap:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.

If "Drawn Together" had survived we might very well have seen that episode.

That said, I'm surprised Raiden made the cut. Does anyone care about Raiden enough for that one to matter? Well maybe in Japan I guess.

Kind of clever even if Grey does disagree with me on this issue.

Am I the only one who just doesn't cares about either of them?

Grape_Nuts:
Umm, why does the new Lara have her tongue out?

My immediate guess would be either to characterize it as an irreverant new attitude in face of the classic...

... or the result of jaw damage from the horrific near rape-beating she took in the much protested 'edgy' new trailer

Truthfully it's hard for me to decide whether I hate new Lara based on that trailer because of the way they rebooted and redefined the character to be in such a situation, or because of the QQing it inspired because of the "OMG you can't have a woman have bad things happen to her in a game". She suddenly became a postern child for pretty much everything wrong with both reboots and the lib-trolls infesting the gaming community. Probably both.

and [snicker] Grey, perhaps all of this horrible suck from all these rebooted character appearing at once alongside the old ones from when they were good will cause a shock from which Erin will regain her sanity and set out to save the industry from it's self-destructive rebooting cycle >:)

(yeah, yeah, I know fat chance given your PoV).

AzureFlameLord:

SweetShark:

chozo_hybrid:

Now THAT is a love story that I would support seeing turned into a hit book series and eventual saga of films.

[Alternate Comment: Infinitely better love story than Twilight.]

Funny for saying that, because in reality I don't have a cat.
The cat was just part of my Imagination........oh SH*T!!!

NinjaDeathSlap:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.

Hi-larious!

(This is all my opinion)

All the reboots suck (Except Lara Croft). Due to taking away the characters most unique and defining characteristics that made them so well liked in the first place. Dante was a great character BECAUSE of his over-the-top appearance and crude humor towards serious situations (also being able to mock horrifying demons was a plus). And Mr.Cyber Ninja from MetalGearSolid was AWESOME because of the fact that no matter how many wounds or horrific injuries he received he would always survive and return as a more haggard badass.

However on the subject of Lara Croft, it actually serves to improve and define her character more. It gives her a more real-world and relate-able look/personality that makes her MORE than simply a sex-symbol. Because it seems that the people in charge of re-booting her character totally understood that YES she is more then tits-on-legs, and that YES she can be a badass without simply being able to backflip/unleash a bullet riddling hell onto anything that moves.

Re-boots need to understand that it's particular aspects that make us love a series. And that simply making everything more GRITTY won't make us buy the games or watch the movies. It only worked with Batman BECAUSE he was a dark and brooding character, and a dark/brooding character just seems out of place in most places UNLESS it's dark and gritty.

Hans Maulwurf:
Am I the only one who just doesn't cares about either of them?

No, to be honest despite being incredibly vocal on the subjct and even getting a response from Grey, the bottom line is I'm not a Devil May Cry fan (though I've played it a bit). I just understand the issue and am against re-inventing existing characters as something differant, instead of simply coming up with new IPs.

My opinion (in short form compared to my usual essays):

If a franchise has enough interest to continue to exist, keep building on it like it is, don't make any fundemental changes, a Reboot is not nessicary. If at any point you think a reboot of anything is nessicary, stop, don't do it,
and then just go create a new IP instead.

My basic attitude is that the "new" Dante isn't Dante anymore by definition, it's an entirely differant character. Sort of like how Bayonetta got her own series. It would have been a disaster if they had say made Dante a girl, and said he always was a she in this reboot, claiming it wasn't something totally differant, Bayonetta (as is) is just a re-imagined "Devil May Cry" and nothing changed. That's more or less what they did with DMC, except it's not as obvious as a gender swap would have been, but it amounts to the same thing. New Dante is so differant from old Dante that it's not even recognizably the same character anymore except for people telling you "hey, it's Dante".

At any rate some reports I've read have said that DMC is failing, so we can always hope that this teaches people that think these kinds of reboots are a good idea a lesson if that's correct. Of course I doubt that will happen, the industry rarely learns anything. They are more likely to just cancel the series if the game flops too hard instead of profusely apologizing, declaring it a non-canon mistake, and creating a real Devil May Cry game for those that care.

Mr.Tea:

erttheking:

She's too far from an A-cup to have any sort of complex about that.

(Unless you're referring to how Cory draws...)

...showed a friend that awesome picture, and she was like, "OMG, THEY ARE MAKING A HUNGER GAMES GAME!!!"

Anywho, that's definitely at least a B.

On topic....I think a small mini series of them interacting, is in order.

Best part about this punch-lineless strip is I get to put words into these characters for wacky sitcom shenanigans:

Donte: "@#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU!!!"
Dante: "Calm down kid, so what if people like me more then you, at least you sold some copies of your game... oh wait mine sold more... Burn."
Donte: ".......@#$% you..."
Raiden: "Poor Donte, if it makes you feel any better my game is 60fps... and white hair."
Lara: "Not to mention my character didn't get bad backlash from just the first trailer." "Heres hoping we don't get another Other M... oops too soon, sorry Donte."
Donte: "@#$% You."

No old sonic and new sonic or better yet classic erin vs new erin think of the possiblities.

I don't know why but this is all I can think of.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54301)