Unskippable: Tales of Graces F - Part Two

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Tales of Graces F - Part Two

Finally we get to see the origin story of Master Blaster.

Watch Video

I'm ashamed to admit for the past two episodes of Unskippable whenever I saw the title on the main splash page I could have sworn it said Tales of Graces Fart...

I'm such a child.

I spent some time this summer playing this with a friend and we were totally on top of making fun of these (endless) cutscenes. I would love to see you guys do a thing centered on them - maybe not unskippable, not sure people would stand for the length this game has in CS (over)abundance, but it's great to see them again and hear other funny comments over em.

Uh, Paul, your Pig Latin needs work. I think you said "ower-fay" when you should've said "ower-flay".

Oh, and speaking of flowers, I noticed the game DIDN'T show Asbel handing Cheria a flower but DID show the purple-haired girl do just that. Is that supposed to tell us something?...

By the way, a harness WOULD be a good idea for an asthmatic who doesn't want to be carried. Just be sure to use the right vehicle to harness. For example...

...don't use a vehicle that can explode.

I was told by my friends that this is a good game. But.... Jesus Christ this cutscene is painful to watch.

Bahaha, Homsar quote. Love it.

Is this who Team Ninja based their Samus Aran on?

Huh. The kids actually sound like... kids.

This is a new experience for me.

stoned amnesiac is the name of my the who cover band. We do a killer "Who Are You"

Invadergray:
I was told by my friends that this is a good game. But.... Jesus Christ this cutscene is painful to watch.

I've noticed that pacing in Eastern games are quite a bit different than Western games. Probably a cultural thing.

these opening cutscenes to me don't pull me in but I'm guessing the actually game is really good and cutscenes later on get better.

Think fast Asbel
I um... well...

and strike out.

You guys should do more JRPGs.

THIS should be the next Let's Play!

Oh my goodness, was that a Homsar Reference? Oh dear, looks like I'm spending the next hour watching H*R and wading in nostalgia.

Invadergray:

Apparently there's a prologue where you are all kids and then for some reason it flashes forward to when they're young adults and the actual game begins.

But yeah, that was pretty painful. I think that may have set a new record for the least amount of things actually happening in an opening cut-scene, which is pretty impressive considering how many JRPGs plod along like a paraplegic rolling their wheelchair uphill through thick marmalade.

Wow... I just checked out about halfway through that video and I didn't loose anything. No amount of excellent funny commentary can make up for the asthmatic character...

This episode was notably funny.

My god...having played this and Eternal Sonata, I'm trying REALLY hard to figure out which had worse pacing. I mean, flashbacks to the same cutscenes are one thing, but...UGH MY BRAIN! I can't believe I played about 6 hours of this game before quitting. FFXIII seems like a rip-roaring adventure in context.

*Drags Hope's dead body into the fray and revives him*

Here, you join these asthmatic twits and sniff some paint. I'll go back to playing better games.

Invadergray:

The game is good, but it's not really for everyone. You might not like it and I wouldn't recommend it without knowing you. I think it has some seriously bitching cut scenes later on, but again, not for everyone.

OT: I loved the comment about Frederic's mafia connections. I also love seeing games I love being made fun of. These past two episodes have been great.

I forgot how bad the beginning of this games was...

I swear its a GOOD game it just sucks when they are kids.

"snuggle up".... Then I laughed so loud I was glad I didn't have water in my mouth.
You guys should not sucker punch like that, this is a very expensive monitor I can't afford to replace :P

josh4president:
Huh. The kids actually sound like... kids.

This is a new experience for me.

I always hated Namco's outsourced voices. They're generally terrible.
At least the adult voices in this game are A LITTLE better, but them constantly and adamantly refusing to give us a Japanese voice option never fails to disappoint me.

I'm having problems with this cutscene. They're talking at normal register to each other, yet when we first see the red-haired girl she's all the way across the courtyard. Am I reading too much into this?

Exception episode, particularly the Homestar Runner reference.

fabiank22:

Agreed. This was the first Unskippable in awhile that has had me actually laughing out loud. Good work you two.

James5mith:

fabiank22:

Agreed. This was the first Unskippable in awhile that has had me actually laughing out loud. Good work you two.

This would be an awesome Let's Play

shrekfan246:

Invadergray:

Apparently there's a prologue where you are all kids and then for some reason it flashes forward to when they're young adults and the actual game begins.

But yeah, that was pretty painful. I think that may have set a new record for the least amount of things actually happening in an opening cut-scene, which is pretty impressive considering how many JRPGs plod along like a paraplegic rolling their wheelchair uphill through thick marmalade.

I find the intro to Persona 3 to be a similar case, unless you've played it before, then it's amazing how much detail you can get from it.

I still maintain that it's Ryfia from Arc Rise Fantasia and she wandered into the wrong game, and got hit in the head so she's even dumber than usual.

That is quite possibly the most obscure H*R reference ever.

Slash Joel:
I forgot how bad the beginning of this games was...

I swear its a GOOD game it just sucks when they are kids.

Yeah, it's probably the games main issue.
Once you get into the meat of it it turns into a an actually pretty interesting political-ish story with some fairly obvious but not exactly black and white morality, a lot of funny moments (even if it does have a lot of cutscenes) and characters with actual... ARCS. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.

That seems to be a really slow game. 'Assbell, attack!' '....I ..... well .... '

...did they cut to the sky to avoid having to animate handing over a flower??

Best Unskippable in a while!

First off, you get 1000 points for the Homestar Runner reference.

Also, great jokes, especially the saucier ones...

Graham, if it were possible to make a game out of this, you win with your snarky comebacks, especially with the asthmatic girl and that guy you said was "clearly not playing dumb".

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here