Miracle of Sound: Hell In The Headspace (Dead Space 3)

Pages PREV 1 2

At first I didn't really like it, because it felt really unfocused to me. It felt like you took parts of three different songs and put those together, but for some reason I kept going back and now I am really loving this one.

blackdwarf:
At first I didn't really like it, because it felt really unfocused to me. It felt like you took parts of three different songs and put those together, but for some reason I kept going back and now I am really loving this one.

Yes I think the structure in this song needs a few listens in order to become familiar with it, before the dynamic becomes clear to the listener. Usually my songs have a much more straightfoward structure.

I.e. It's a bit convoluted but for a reason :)

I experienced the same thing many others did apparently.

At first, I didn't like it that much. Then I remembered the tone of the game, the pacing and at that point it suddenly made sense. As far as I can see it, the aprupt difference between hectic, dirty, creepy at first, then in the refrain structured, heavy, reactional to the first one, then the slow insightful pause between the action to catch your breath, then it repeats, but with more visual/songtext focus on Isaacs internal struggle than the obvious infestation from the outside.

Okay, that may be interpreting too much into something, but when I noticed this, it somehow made so much sense, and I don't think there could've been a better song for this game series. Well done!

Did anyone else hear shades of Rob Zombie in this? Or am I the only one?

Not a bad thing; just sayin. I love this one!

The awesome made me cry.
And that has never before happened.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook