No Right Answer: Best Dystopian Badass Ever

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Best Dystopian Badass Ever

When the world goes to poop, there's nothing left to do but grimace. Who grimaces the best?

Watch Video

What happened to the audio about the middle there, or was that intentional?

Awwwwww no love 4 the Road Warrior?

How can you forget this guy?

2:44 Wow, even back then we treated our veterans like crap. 4:48 Wait, wait, wait, wait....WHAT?! That's amazing! I AM THE LAW! XD Biggest Sword wielding Badass. Zolo Vs. Cloud. Also,Adam Jenson. "I didn't ask for this."

While I was favouring Dredd but that info with the crossover with Batman and knock him out was a bonus!

They were about neck and neck, then Dan brought out the Batman. As with most arguments...this was the tie breaker, haha!

Yeah, have to give it to dredd. He didn't just nuke one city, he nuked the west coast (mega city 2). Why? Coz it was being invaded by zombies so to stop said zombies and prevent the hord growing he pushed the button vaporising 10,000,000 people. That is awsome.... And he defects the zombie apocalypse. Not just survives but beats it. That's pretty hard to top.

It all comes down to the vectors. On one hand, great movie, massively disappointing movie, I don't want to think about what might be next. On the other hand, fundamentally flawed adaptation of the source material, really good but overlooked movie, I don't want to get my hopes up too high if they ever try again. But at least one appears to be on a positive trajectory.

You guys forgot about Gordon Freeman.

Or did you deliberately leave him out?(To tick off fanboys like me)

Unicorn Judge Dan was the best thing about today's episode. Never actually watched Escape from New York, so I can't really make any better comments.

And now we need that gif of Dan with a finger on his forehead saying, "I am the law". With no context. Do it.

Judge Dredd wins. No suprise there.
Robocop anyone? Oh well.

Also, why would you show a picture of Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead II? Why not show a picture of Bruce Campbell from Escape from L.A.? He was the Surgeon General of L.A. and tried to take out Snake's other eyeball. Meh. With the Evil Dead reboot coming this weekend, I am happy to see Bruce get some love here.

Kyle, I think you missed an opportunity to say that Snake Pliskin was at least a partial inspiration for Solid Snake! And this episode should have been a 3-way with Judge Dredd vs. Snake Pliskin vs. Mad Max. How'd you leave that guy out?

luvd1:
Yeah, have to give it to dredd. He didn't just nuke one city, he nuked the west coast (mega city 2). Why? Coz it was being invaded by zombies so to stop said zombies and prevent the hord growing he pushed the button vaporising 10,000,000 people. That is awsome.... And he defects the zombie apocalypse. Not just survives but beats it. That's pretty hard to top.

Well, that clears that up. Let's see those bumpkins in the Walking Dead try that!

GamerMage:
Also,Adam Jenson. "I didn't ask for this."

Hey, yeah! What's Adam Jensen's opinion on this?

Pfft. Max Rockatansky is the correct answer. They say people don't believe in heroes anymore...well damn them! You and me Max, we're going to give them back their heroes.

While yes, Dredd deserves the win, I'm surprised no one mentioned that Snake Pliskin is the basis of one of video gaming's most popular badasses, Solid Snake (and Big Boss before him). That should have been worth a point.

Darth_Payn:
Kyle, I think you missed an opportunity to say that Snake Pliskin was at least a partial inspiration for Solid Snake! And this episode should have been a 3-way with Judge Dredd vs. Snake Pliskin vs. Mad Max. How'd you leave that guy out?

Simple. This was the best dystopian badass. Mad Max is from a post-apocalypse, not a dystopia. They distinguish between the two in the beginning of the video.

Lockout was like the third Escape from movie(with a dash of diehard), Snow is very cool you should all go watch it. And also the new Dredd movie was amazing and yea Dredd wins just because... hell he turns down hot women all the time as he keeps to the letter of the law all the time(Galen Demarco is the classic).

I heard that some dude wants to make an "Escape from Kansas City" prequel that outlines the often alluded to bet never explained "Kansas City Heist" that made everyone think Snake was Dead and Turned Hershey into a woman.

I thought Judge Dredd was with the authority... He's part of the law. How does he even qualify based on your standards?

So where is our picture of Judge Unicorn Dredd "I AM THE LAW"

Book of Eli. He did it all, and was BLIND.

Actually, Conan is the most badass.

American Fox:

Great movie, but that's post-apocalyptic, not dystopian! But yea, he kicked all the butts

Akichi Daikashima:

Dr.Awkward:

I think they wanted actual characters that emote, not mutes who don't.

ether way, he'd have still lost to Dread :p

kailus13:
Unicorn Judge Dan was the best thing about today's episode. Never actually watched Escape from New York, so I can't really make any better comments.

1. You are correct. Unicorn Judge Dredd Dan was genius.

2. Your homework assignment is to watch Escape from New York, which is an incredible film. Escape from LA is utter crap, so skip it.

Susan Arendt:

kailus13:

1. You are correct. Unicorn Judge Dredd Dan was genius.

2. Your homework assignment is to watch Escape from New York, which is an incredible film. Escape from LA is utter crap, so skip it.

Jeez teach, get off my back! (I will actually watch it at some point. When I find the time.)

well for episode 100 really the only thing you can do is play another round of Who Would Win.

Akichi Daikashima:

Gordan Freeman would smash the other entries with a crowbar! If they put him into the contest then there would BE no contest!

Firefilm:
Best Dystopian Badass Ever

When the world goes to poop, there's nothing left to do but grimace. Who grimaces the best?

Watch Video

dystopia is actually not an opressive government (just the most used method) as central point, but a very undesirable society in general so mad max for example is dystopian too
firefly would be borderline since only parts are actually dystopian and those are not in focus of the story

Firefilm:

American Fox:

Great movie, but that's post-apocalyptic, not dystopian! But yea, he kicked all the butts

actually most post apocalyptic settings are dystopias too....

Crimson_Dragoon:
While yes, Dredd deserves the win, I'm surprised no one mentioned that Snake Pliskin is the basis of one of video gaming's most popular badasses, Solid Snake (and Big Boss before him). That should have been worth a point.

Darth_Payn:

Simple. This was the best dystopian badass. Mad Max is from a post-apocalypse, not a dystopia. They distinguish between the two in the beginning of the video.

yeah that would be a great argument if it weren't both... like waterworld for example
if you want dystopia without post apocalypse look for red dwarf (british tv series) or planet of the apes

also judge dredd is actually post apocalyptic and dystopian with most of the world being radio active wasteland because of wars....

Fazit: Dystopia is just the opposite of Utopia meaning a world in which people are miserable or we would feel miserable (e.g. Blade Runner)

Actually, the death penalty in the Dredd universe is pretty rare. Only multiple murderers or Judge killers get the instant shot-to-the-head treatment. That being said, he can and does kill in self defense a lot. Oh, and you got the democracy thing wrong. Dredd's dark side comes out in Judge Dredd: America/Democracy when you see how things go down when he does as he is told, or how the law will allow, which is usually how he operates.

By the way, Judge Dredd: America/Democracy is the absolute best comic book story arc of all time.
Yep.

One more thing:
Your Snake Plissken arguments are invalidated.

Scarim Coral:
While I was favouring Dredd but that info with the crossover with Batman and knock him out was a bonus!

It's old, but it's still probably the best cross-company crossover there is.

Dr.Awkward:

Uh, because he has no character?

Crimson_Dragoon:

Darth_Payn:

Nope. Max Max isn't post-apocalypse. Just a run down future with Biker gangs, lawlessness, a looming energy crisis, and one cop trying to do what is right

Dr.Awkward:

They said badass, not Mary Sue.

I'm trying to see if anyone from this film fits, but I don't think so.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here