Zero Punctuation: Crysis

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

A little disappointed about this review. Know Yahtzee likes fps, but he could have gone a little deaper. I had this game on my computer, i deleted it 4 hours later. The story: crap, driving: crap, voice acting: taken out from a typical american movie and so on. So i personaly dident like it, but guess people who love fps will?...

I have to say, I enjoyed the game. The most fun thing being that there are so many ways to complete the objective. What I mean is that instead of run up to and shoot your enemy, you could pile "random explosive barrel #1" next to him. Strap 4 sticks of C4 to a truck, dirve it full force in to him and shoot the gas tank. Then, you get to stand back and watch the fireworks, because it just look so beautiful.

Thats not to say that graphics make a game, but they certainly help. With the excpetion of a game that is 10 years old and still being produced with basicly bitmap maps, and super simple animations. In case your wondering its starcraft. A game that proves you DO NOT need to have amazing graphics to make a game fun. Actually, It would be interesting to see what Yahtzee would think of it.

Chalee:
You mean you don't enjoy turning invisible, grabbing a korean by the neck, and flinging him down a cliff?

You heartless monster!

But can you squeeze off his head? Or does sissy-ass EA have its slimy tendrils too far up Crytek's various orifices?

gigiboyb:
I have to say, I enjoyed the game. The most fun thing being that there are so many ways to complete the objective. What I mean is that instead of run up to and shoot your enemy, you could pile "random explosive barrel #1" next to him. Strap 4 sticks of C4 to a truck, dirve it full force in to him and shoot the gas tank. Then, you get to stand back and watch the fireworks, because it just look so beautiful.

Thats not to say that graphics make a game, but they certainly help. With the excpetion of a game that is 10 years old and still being produced with basicly bitmap maps, and super simple animations. In case your wondering its starcraft. A game that proves you DO NOT need to have amazing graphics to make a game fun. Actually, It would be interesting to see what Yahtzee would think of it.

I agree with you on Starcraft; it has stood the test of time, even in its graphics, which really says something about its quality.

In Crysis, I just wish that they had a more complex story, then you'd be able to not only accomplish objectives in a ton of ways, but you could choose which objectives to accomplish. Then again, that might make it like Deus Ex (which may be an incredibly good thing, who knows?)

LOL It totally destroyed my computer...... good review by the way!

I'm never going to play this game, my computer has about one tenth of what it needs to run it...

hahaha future supercomputer from space

Well I watched this video and finally got the andy dufrense joke (recently watched the shawshank redemption). Holy shit that joke was horribly hilarious.

i could never afford the coumputer... i alerady sold my soul for fallout 4

just kidding

I never thought vehicle controls can be that bad.

i saw crysis for wndows 95 and me

This is the best looking game i have played and i only played it on medium. It came out in 2007 and i thing it hasn't even been equaled in terms of how good it looks until today and won't be too soon. If it had the gun play of cod4 this could have been the best fps of all time. That is why i enjoyed cod4 a lot more.

The thing I liked the most about this clip is the start, where he mentions Far Cry. It's just spot on. I myself made the huge mistake of playing Far Cry on the "realistic" difficulty. Realistic meaning you take 10 times the damage, while the enemies can take 10 times the damage, i.e. headshots don't always kill them. Imagine my frustration when there's a grunt running around with a bullet hole for an eye socket, screaming his longues out alerting all nearby enemies to my location. Or when the magnum sniper rifle bullet bounces off the enemys plastic visor.

Or this one hang gliding section, where they had placed a nice hang glider at the top of a valley, inviting you to take a scenic route. Half way down you had 2 helicopters with mounted miniguns, and a small army of footsoldiers after you, firing away at your bare ass.
*quick load*
Take the only real possible path, through the vegetation.

The most horrible part is that noone else seemed to notice this, as the game recieved praise from everyone. People compared it to Half Life, and I think PC-Gamer magazine even gave it 94% or something like it.

There were so many little things to annoy me, and the game eventually became so hard towards the third quarter, that I had to restart the whole thing on the medium setting instead.

Anyway, a good piece on Far Cry would be a nice addition to the series, imo.

hmm, i agree with most of what he said, but it is probably one of the best fps's ive evr played. with tha exeption of crysis warhead. i have an xbox and thus didnt tutch my pc for a while, but when i did i was astounded to realise that crysis warhead is a far beter game than anything i had ever played on the xbox. i must say i dont own cod4 so im not sure about that but still, alot beter than halo 3, which i love. so im really looking forward to seeing hoe crysis 2 does on the consoles, to determine ifits the games or the platforms that make a game good.

sakealex:
This is the best looking game i have played and i only played it on medium. It came out in 2007 and i thing it hasn't even been equaled in terms of how good it looks until today and won't be too soon. If it had the gun play of cod4 this could have been the best fps of all time. That is why i enjoyed cod4 a lot more.

Having Cod's gunplay was possibly the worst idea in the world. That would make it just anohter arcade shooter with the depth of a spoon.

Love the Shawshank redemtion referance.

What's the name of the song at the beginning of the video?

Island in the Sun by Weezer according to the credits.

People still comment on the old Zero Punctuation videos?

Second shawshank reference I've caught.
Great movie, Great reviews, Great humor.
GREAT YAHTZEE!

good vid, my 5850 plays it on highest settings :D

I love this guy xD hes damned hilarious!

LOL, that's a great review.

Columbo IS Perfect :D
...probably because he could see into the Future O.o

I humbly think that this one is his best review yet.

Yahtzee you complain about farcry so much. Was it really that hard for you? I made the mistake of turning on 'auto balance' and by the time I got towards the end of the game the characters had balanced so much that I couldn't find enough rockets to kill one mutated monkey thing. But the early game, I never once asked "how the hell can they see me?" the way it seems you screamed constantly. Farcry was an early cover game, a successful player relied heavily on jungle cover to navigate the environment. You've said the foliage was useless cover but I don't know what 'bizzaro' version of the game you were playing. I've had guys standing literally in front of me in a bush saying "where did he go" until I filled them with hot lead.
And yes, your character was wearing a bleating red shirt. It would in fact make you easier to see. But I was always able to zoom and take out targets who could see me, because I could see them too. The enemy ai in farcry was among the first to use communication tech, which meant if one guy saw you and radioed in, others knew where about to be looking for the guy in the red shirt. With all the accurate criticism you give most games, I have to wonder if you were approaching Farcry with a 'Doom' mentality. It certainly wasn't a run around and blow away a million guys kind of game.

And lastly, I have to ask you if you have ever actually driven a huge lumbering military vehicle? I know it might come as a shock, but semi-tanks do not handle like a nimble mini-cooper. They drive like freaking tanks.

I know I'm going around digging up years old posts on this forum, but thats what you get for neglecting a real comments system, and I'm sorry I wanted to go back and watch all the episodes, without keeping my mouth shut.

I do love the "Columbo" reference. If fans of "Monk" want to know why it is so great (and it is,) they need to thank the show's much more successful father "Columbo." It's a Jesus Christ vs. God comparison. Although Jesus was awesome, his father is undoubtedly more successful than He.

I just can't believe that this is still the most realistic looking game out there when we're on the brink of 2012. Five fucking years and i'm still booting up this game for my graphics fix, crysis 2 with the HD pack does look good but it's useless without the physics. (sans mods) Come the hell on game devs.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here