Zero Punctuation: Haze

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

The review wasn't as good as some others, as I feel that there were many more things Yahtzee could have criticized, but it was good enough.

I have to say, though, that 2-minute ad did not represent (in my opinion) the Escapist magazine very well. Maybe you should push "sophisticated articles for sophisticated gamers" rather than "Death Metal! ARHHHGH!"

Great review as always. The comments about switching to the other side made me think how awesome a game where you must use guerrilla warfare to defeat your enemy would be. Sadly, as pointed out, this game missed the chance.

Game sounds sucky.

By the way, there was something on the back of the video. Looked hideous.

mstrlnk7:
"First!"s and "Great review!" posts (especially ones made before they could have possibly watched the feature) are annoying, without merit, and basically considered spam. People that do that get banned. Makes sense to me.

Granted but why the hell for 2 WEEKS?

Another great video, though I found it surprising that he didn't aproach it with quite as much hate as Turok. Also I like that the gun models used this time were from STALKER, I so desperately want yahtzee to review this game.

Another great video, though I found it surprising that he didn't aproach it with quite as much hate as Turok. Also I like that the gun models used this time were from STALKER, I so desperately want yahtzee to review this game.

Opps, tripple posted there somehow.

Actually, the original saying was "Eat one's cake and have it too" but somwehere in time "eat" and "have" got swapped so it doesn't make sense anymore.

And now you know.

I have to say that I was considering buying this game, but once I found out the main character is a depressed schmuk haunted by the ghosts of people he killed I didn't feel like listening to him cry about his feelings when I'd rather be blowing things into unrecognizable piles of molten slag.

You should review EVE Online next, it's definitely not a generic MMO. And there is a free 21 day trial on STEAM.

And I don't get how it's $110! Isn't it just a PS3 game that costs 60 dollars?

Take_Opal:

He said austrailian dollars, take what he says and assume its about 50 or 60 american dollars

Yeah, I knew he's in Australia, I just got confused when he said Dollars.

This review made me want one of those little ice creams...

VonBlade:
The funniest one in a while. The 2d scenery in particular was blinding.

Can I also ask The Escapist to adjust their advert tagline to :

"New Videos All Week (unless Yahtzee is away accepting an award in which case we have some re-runs. Also no-one is here for any of the other videos because they're terrible but we'll advertise them anyway because their creators have less viewers than the World Gurning Championships)".
VB

I agree.

On the subject of the review, it was pretty humourous. I enjoy this return to form with the Oblivion video and this one. I didn't enjoy the GTA4, Painkiller and TWEWY reviews as much, so this is good for me.

wow yahtzee this is the best review youve had in months! i was starting to lose faith a little bit. thanks for the great review!

Hehe looking forward to when he does greese his thighs and review age of conan. Hopefully it will be finished by then o.O

You should have bought the Cornettos. Strawberry.

Take_Opal:
You should review EVE Online next, it's definitely not a generic MMO. And there is a free 21 day trial on STEAM.

That would last about 5 minutes. after minutes of the EvE trial myself I was ready to commit suicide by slamming my head through the screen. and this is Yahtzee, some often jokes about how confusing and bad PC game's UI design is, EvE is must be the ULITMATE example of this. I am a PC gamer and even I gave up on trying to figure how to play that game swiftly.

what's with the weird long ad for something totally unrelated or comical at the end? that sucks.

Didn't Yahtzee claim to have never played Halo in his review of Halo 3? I think his references should stick to games he's actually played.

He also shouldn't complain about there being no games to review since he has recently taken to reviewing games that are months or years old.

But should and will are different words for a reason, whatever it takes to make a good joke.

I liked the "Neon Genesis Evangelion" reference and am pretty disappointed no one has picked up on it yet. A great review as always.

Eldritch Warlord:
Didn't Yahtzee claim to have never played Halo in his review of Halo 3? I think his references should stick to games he's actually played.

If you've played one Halo you've played them all.

Nice review. I found the trailers at the end a little intrusive though. I appreciate The Escapist needs to generate hits but are they really necessary?

KeyMaster45:

Take_Opal:

He said austrailian dollars, take what he says and assume its about 50 or 60 american dollars

Actually it's about US$100. It would cost a similar amount in Europe and Japan. Games are absurdly cheap in the US for some reason.

shigera:
The phrase "have your cake and eat it too" refers to the fact that once you eat your cake, you no longer have it. Cake is a consumable, so in that respect, you cannot eat it while simultaneously having it.

The cake is a LIE!

Some sort of reference to everyone's favorite troubled 'pilot of giant robot' teenage protagonist in there?

And damn you people, it was Starship-Troopers that started the whole power armor thing not warhammer.
(The book, first published in the 50's)

Wow very nice observation:
"Ha"lo
Ha"Ze"

For years, i have been saying that the "have your cake and eat it too" cliche makes no sense. now i feel happy that i know someone else feels that way too.

I'm going to invest my fortune in cornetto futures.

Yahtzee you devilish superman, now I have to break into the next convenient store and fetch me some Cornettos.

Overall, great review. Yes, it is a bit short but I attribute that solely on his increased speed, a little too fast for my taste this time. Unfortunatly, FPSes tend to do the same mistakes over and over again: Retarded NPC-AI, crappy vehicle sections, uninspired story and the coffee-realistic graphics. Kudos to Yahtzee - after all he manages to mention the same flaws in every FPS review (since FPSes are more or less the same anyway with a very small number of true gems) but always wrapped in a new shiny giftwrap paper of funny bile. I would have stopped reviewing FPSes months ago.

That said: Where are the RTS games? Would be a nice change of pace.

snace13:
For years, i have been saying that the "have your cake and eat it too" cliche makes no sense. now i feel happy that i know someone else feels that way too.

Billy wants to eat his cake without having less cake afterwords. It's pretty self-explanatory. I think Yahtzee was being intentionally dense for the sake of making a joke. His cake line sounded like a sped-up Jerry Seinfeld stand-up bit.

Banok:

Take_Opal:

That would last about 5 minutes. after minutes of the EvE trial myself I was ready to commit suicide by slamming my head through the screen. and this is Yahtzee, some often jokes about how confusing and bad PC game's UI design is, EvE is must be the ULITMATE example of this. I am a PC gamer and even I gave up on trying to figure how to play that game swiftly.

Ugh, then you're very incompetent. It's easy and organized if you give it more then three seconds and run away in fear of your head exploding...

That was a bit short, but otherwise I enjoyed the review.

I HATED my collegues in other FPS games too, they are always jackasses, though I can't help but think that actual soldiers are probably jackasses too.

I also hate the phrase "Have one's cake and eat it", it makes no sense, it's like "The exception that proves the rule" wtf. Anyway, good review, but a bit short.

Now I want a corneto...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or