Zero Punctuation: Webcomics

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 30 NEXT

I don't read webcomics anymore. I checked the fullyramblomatic ones and found the humour successful enough to get me through the series, but other webcomic franchises usually have an uninteresting vision of comedy, so I'm quite happy to stay away from it all.

Funny thing, as im on my lappy atm and leeching someone's wireless connection which is slow (i forgot to my bill this month hehe) i wa reading the latest CAD while waiting for this to load a little. Also i loved the hit on CAD and also love CAD when read the whole thing in like a week i think. this was quite recent too

SaneIntolerant:
Also, Buckley himself locked the thread and said that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Well he pretty much blew any chance he had of accusing Yahtzee a hypocrite with that one. That's like closing down a gay bar because you claim to believe in equal rights.

This couldn't be more appropriate--at least to me. I was *stumbling around a bit yesterday and seemingly every other stumble was a some lame-ass webcomic. Good show, Yahtzee!

*if you don't know what I mean, go to stumbleupon.com (that's how I found this place, actually)

klc0100:
I suppose would of found it more interesting and funny if i read web comics.

This.

Meh.

UnaidedCoder:

SaneIntolerant:
Also, Buckley himself locked the thread and said that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Well he pretty much blew any chance he had of accusing Yahtzee a hypocrite with that one. That's like closing down a gay bar because you claim to believe in equal rights.

I don't think I understand your analogy there.

The only web comic I've enjoyed was Concerned. Everything else just sucks, including Penny Arcade.

All gaming webcomics are terrible. I once saw a photo of the people behind Penny Arcade in reality, and all of Yahtzee's points now seem to ring true. It should suffice to say in that case that I don't read their comic because I do not want to contribute to their baconator diet fund.

Sweet God; it's like Yahtzee wants fanboys/girls to stalk and attack him.

Also, I'm surprised he didn't say anything about the Spore CC.

PS: the dead demon-baby is possibly the best thing to happen to the internet since ebony-teen-sluts.com... and for the last time, that is not my livejournal in disguise.

I always wonder if it's worth the banning that always follows.....

Attention whores do it for the attention. Good, bad, doesn't matter. They're like strippers in that way.

I smiled and laughed through this entire video.

Everything he says about CAD is completely true, and I had already come to the same conclusions (but could never word them so expertly laced with contemptuous venom).

Tim Buckley is a grade A moron, and CAD is a mis-carriage of a comic.

I joined the CAD forums ages back to question one of the strips, and was promptly banned. I simply stated it wasn't funny and why I thought so, got flamed by the fans, then I said its a forum to discuss the comic, not just praise it no matter what - got banned. Thought we were intitled to an opinion...

Tim also locked the thread about this video so that it will very quickly fade beyond the 1st page which no one will bother to look past.

Awesome!

As always

Yahtzee was very autosarcastic (or something like that) in this one. I think that he responds to fanboy emails (maybe MGS4 fans ^^ or to those long forgoten SSBB fans and airconditioners XD). Well, as always, I enjoyed this Zero Punctuation episode and I don't really mind the ads at the end of the video :)

SaneIntolerant:

Think about it. He says everyone's entitled to their opinion.....

Then forcefully silences a topic about people with an opinion different from his.

Naughty Yahtzee. Play nice with your internet gaming media bedfellows.

UnaidedCoder:

SaneIntolerant:

Then forcefully silences a topic about people with an opinion different from his.

To be fair, that also silences the people who agree with him.

UnaidedCoder:

SaneIntolerant:

But it was a thread BASHING Yahtzee. Not a thread AGREEING with him.

I enjoy CAD. I enjoy Yahtzee.

Why can't fans of both just get along? They are both good in their own right.

holy moly...
I never thought that any webcomic actually DEALT with a miscarriage, especially not one that is normally about games or funny. Seeing that 'CAD' (and I had to look up what CAD was and first thought it was 'computer assisted design') did that is kinda.. strange.
That was an informativ review for me.
I, for one, did enjoy only one Web comic, but it's finished already :( But it was done superbly and it was funny and imaginative. ('The Last days of FOXHOUND. www.gigaville.com)

Could anyone explain to me why someone would do a story line like that?
Drama is ok, but.. well look at the review of yatzhee for more details.
Iam still kinda stunned. Seriously

Yahtzee just likes to piss people off.
That's the most valid conclusion you can take from this. I feel if he hadn't specifically mentioned the miscarriage it would be one thing, but this is Yahtzee using the escapist money to launch a personal attack on someone he's been building a grudge against for months.

Next, he'll dedicate an entire ZP to endorsing an American Presidential candidate.

SaneIntolerant:

Oooooh. Yeah your first post was worded funny.

Yeah that's a lot more admirable.

Amusing; although I can't help but feel Yahtzee is trying to create a Maddox persona by getting everyone to hate him.

I only read CAD recently; found it quite amusing then he did that stupid miscarriage which as someone who just starting reading them found quite bizarre and redundant. The best part was reading why he did it saying: "I didn't want it to become a parent baby comic." Which I burst out laughing at. Instead of doing the obvious, not drawing scenes with the baby, he decided to flush it instead. What a bizarre idea.

Alot funnier then his previous. Well done yahtzee.

I cant help but to think that this might pass a few people by.

I couldn't of been the only one to spot this... surely:

I wanted a mailbag showdown but this was much better

Yahtzee really wants to push his view count. I really don't see the point in bashing CAD, it's like kicking the corpse of a castrated retarded kid in the groin. Buckley is so much out of this world he will never take this one seriously and neither will everyone who still happens to read that shit after the Choose Your Own Adventure bullocks and the insane miscarriage trip to Serious-Town.

I have dropped nearly all gaming comics except for 8-bit Theater - but then I'm a nerdy RPG geek with no friends - and a strange love-hate relationship to VGCats.

That is only because of where the thread is - Yahtzee will take a bashing on the CAD forums. Tim, doesn't want to draw attention to it.

I think that idiot Tim already knew that people were going to hate the comic (especially after the miscarriage mess) and now in an attempt to avoid hypocrisy just said he's opinion and closed it. But as I mention in my previous post with an example, that creep Tim is a total hyprocrite.

Mordakii:

The rampant fanboism on the CAD forum, over the miscarriage story was some kind of EMO explosion that was sickening to witness.

ye gods man! Tell me you dont visit that dark pit! did you go through decontamination afterwards? Or do we enact quarantine measures?

Johnn Johnston:
I enjoy CAD. I enjoy Yahtzee.

Why can't fans of both just get along? They are both good in their own right.

No, because fans of former actually believe the last sentence.

SaneIntolerant:

UnaidedCoder:

SaneIntolerant:

In this analogy the thread is the Gay Bar and by locking the thread/closing the Gay Bar he's denying people a chance to voice their opinion/equal rights. Clear enough?

Loved this weeks review. Can't wait to see the Yahtzee fans bashing CAD/CAD fans bashing Yahtzee. For the record, I love webcomics, especially CAD, and I was pissing myself laughing at this review.

I read CAD and I agree, the comic is going completely down hill. While I appreciate his desire to run something other than just a gaming comic, hijacking the strip by injecting extreme seriousness was tactless. It was the completely wrong audience. I doubt most people reading CAD would appreciate the strange tangent it took.

On the other hand, I love reading Penny Arcade. I couldn't quite tell if Yahtzee was jealous of them or thought they were horrible. His anger towards CAD was much clearer.

That all said, the "I'm aware of the hypocricy" disclaimer doesn't make it any less hypocritical. It's hard to take a person seriously when they bash others for things that they do themselves. Unless, of course, self-referential humor was intended, in which case it was perhaps a bit too subtle.

UnaidedCoder:

SaneIntolerant:

Oooooh. Yeah your first post was worded funny.

Yeah that's a lot more admirable.

I'm honestly not sure whether that's sarcasm or not. Ah well.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 30 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here