de-rez: Yahtzee's Biggest Fan

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well, I guess it's time now for Yahtzee to review de-rez...

good De-rez and sits about were the 3d realms one's ^^. Love the blood splat even if it's not right it's just funny XD. Keep them coming ^^

OK fine since we're now saying "how dare you make a parody of Yahtzee fanboys and the escapist" then I'll fire a shot into this war now that it has been officially declared.

"I think De-Rez is funnier than Yahtzee, hahahaha! De-rez you have balls the size of tennis balls for doing this, and knowing Yahtzee, he probably thought it was hillariously awesome."

*does not check Yahtzee's site"

*balls go in my mouth now*

I thought this episode was very disapointing, particularly seeing as we had to wait twice as long as usual to watch it. I did laugh a bit (when he was looking at de-rez) but most of it was undeniably sub-par. I am interested to know how many copies of Assassin's Creed you have though.

ZP is funny, UR is funny, this was not funny. Maybe I just don't get it.

As I have noticed during this 20 minutes of watching de-rez I wasn't actually enjoying it... sorry to say but it was a waste of time.

Well, that was my first experience with de-rez. I had no interest in it before from the commercials that I've seen on the site, and this episode did nothing to alter my opinion. The beginning was watching someone else watching Yahtzee, then one guy repeated a couple ZP jokes and killed a guy.

That was it. I don't know if the acting was supposed to be good (or even the jokes for that matter) but it left me with the feeling I was watching a Youtube video of two really unpopular kids in highschool trying too hard to find someone who likes them. I probably won't watch another...

DerGermanGuy:

He did a while ago when they first parodied him:

Yahtzee:
Oh yes, and those guys at the 'other' Escapist video series, De-Rez, have made a quaint little video in which I fall victim of parody. Ha, ha, ha, those crazy guys. I take their jabs with good humour and sincerely hope they don't inhale any Drano anytime soon.

In all seriousness you should check out De-Rez's videos, they're pretty funny when they're not desperately beating jokes into the ground like they're trying to drill for oil OH SNAP YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED MOTHERFUCKERS

No, really, those guys are cool.

Anyway, I think a few people are taking this to heart. If you watch any of DeRez, you can see it's just their humour. Noone's actually having a go at anyone.

well I loved it, you managed to piss off tons of rabid fanboys, blow shit up and even poke fun at yourselves in the process, top form!

Oops, my comment was supposed to have a quote with it. See next comment :)

PedroSteckecilo:
I liked it but I agree on the pauses, some were far to long and strayed into the dangerous territory of "akward silence" where I was wondering if I should say something to move the scene along.

Agree with you, I do. Good effort though, and it's clear you guys put a lot of thought and time into creating it, but it just didn't "get going," ... so much so that I only "got through" half of it. Keep trying, and learn from watching other more "polished" video efforts.

m_jim:
Glad to have you back, de-rez! I was a bit concerned when the entire first minute was you watching ZP, but when you cut to Jungle Boogie, I busted out laughing. This was a consistently funny episode that took the piss out of a web comic that has been overdue for some criticism.

Too true, never seen De-Rez, but that's convinced me to watch again. Thought it was actually quite well timed, despite popular criticism, especially the part waiting for the explosion. The acting wasn't great, but then again you're not actors, so I think to expect superb performance is a little unfair.

It all just needs tightening up from what I've seen, perhaps using better lighting, cam angles etc. to make it look a little more proffessional!

Where can I find that song he plays during the "sandpaper condom" scene?

PurpleRain:

DerGermanGuy:

He did a while ago when they first parodied him:

Yahtzee:
Oh yes, and those guys at the 'other' Escapist video series, De-Rez, have made a quaint little video in which I fall victim of parody. Ha, ha, ha, those crazy guys. I take their jabs with good humour and sincerely hope they don't inhale any Drano anytime soon.

In all seriousness you should check out De-Rez's videos, they're pretty funny when they're not desperately beating jokes into the ground like they're trying to drill for oil OH SNAP YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED MOTHERFUCKERS

No, really, those guys are cool.

Anyway, I think a few people are taking this to heart. If you watch any of DeRez, you can see it's just their humour. Noone's actually having a go at anyone.

I assume everyone forgot that this is directed to the yahtzee fanbase (the crazy ones) and not yahtzee himself.

Oh.. my sweet hat. The best thing about this episode was the part about CAD, now that was funny.

AmrasCalmacil:
... but your humour is somewhere cold, dark, and covered in spiders.

I don't think his humor is the one covered in spiders. :)

HeyZeus_Ezekiel_Jesus:

Monty Python Meaning of life. That's common knowledge.

PurpleRain:

HeyZeus_Ezekiel_Jesus:

Monty Python Meaning of life. That's common knowledge.

Oh, yeah. Damn, I haven't seen that movie in a long time.

ila:
right along with Video Game Theatre.

How dare they, ignorant people, bah!

Loved it.

If only we could have some original locations, professional lighting, professional sound, professional acting, etc. etc - ie. spend about about $100,000 per episode (joking of course!).

I'm amazed (still!) that de-rez consistently comes up with original subject ideas. Thats why I continue to be a de-rez fan.

Yea, I'll think u will find that more people are interested in watching Yahtzee simply because its funny for a start... the only people that found that funny were the people that hate him for the fact that he's more popular that De-Rez... which isn't funny by comparison.

taking the piss out of something or someone who is generally funny and more popular isn't usually a great idea... especially when the stuff u make isn't funny. The only funny video made by De-Rez was the World or Warcraft, which is about the only video i have been able to stomach until the end.

The Unforgotten Realms Videos are pretty good and funny as well, so perhaps u can take the piss out of them next?

I have the same problem with this de-rez episode as I do with the others I've seen. They have interesting and funny ideas but the execution fails to deliver. However, I hold out hope. That's kind of how I feel about Unforgotten Realms. I loved the first episode but then the joke got old and tedious.

I think Video Game Theater is amusing. Apparently, I'm a mutant freak.

Badders:
The only funny video made by De-Rez was the World or Warcraft, which is about the only video i have been able to stomach until the end.

No. You lie!

My favourite would most likely be the Jack Thomson Uwe Boll cross over.

It seems a lot of people are sticking up for Yahzee. They're the exact people DeRez are parodying here. The irony is beautiful.

So, am I going to be killed for liking de-rez?

I liked watching this even though the guys don't know much of anything about making a video. Actually, I think that's what made me enjoy it. But I have to admit that I fast forwarded at times.

no my sweet hat!
lol liked this one!

DerGermanGuy:

And so it begins...

great video, the intro gave me an idea of what I must look like...

you guys must have such a laugh filming these!

Chris is a pretty good actor for the most part, but of all his collegues only the guy who played Jack Thompson has done any good so far : /

A little editing to bring up the pace would probably help. Most of the jokes were good, but were made awkward by the co-actor being "rather unconvincing" : P

Dectilon:
Chris is a pretty good actor for the most part, but of all his collegues only the guy who played Jack Thompson has done any good so far : /

A little editing to bring up the pace would probably help. Most of the jokes were good, but were made awkward by the co-actor being "rather unconvincing" : P

Definitely agree. It's difficult to get really into a scene when the acting is poor.

Just for you Chris ;)

So true dude! Best quote ever: "OH, MY SWEET HAT!"

BTW, Monty Python Rules!

Slack rules. But he needs a video editor and video effects programmer/artist. The video composition, editing and audio is yelling "I am a noob!"

HaHa, ah go @#$% your self that was good

http://www.halocrusades.com?p=page&x=4075

How can this man claim to be the biggest Yahtzee fan and yet I never once saw him playing 5 Days a Stranger, The Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment or 1213?

Poser! Poser, I say!

In all seriousness, not the best De-Rez, but I got a a few chuckles here and there.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here