Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia Retrospective

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

*drops his pudding, stares at it with a disturbed look on his face*

why...?

Portal
Silent Hill 2
Sands of Time
Some red thing that i cannot make out..someone said 1213??
Fantasy World Dizzy

He always mentions 2, so I doubt anything else.

Now review your intro songs in retrospective.

God, I love it when ZP is this balanced, yet vicious.

Having never played any of the Persia games, I can't really comment on whether you were right or not, but still, you've made me want to raid a bargain bin and pick up Sands of Time at the very least.

Smart, funny, balanced and imaginative - good to see Yahtzee back on form and punching above his weight.

you almost kind of want to see the pop:SoT movie that's coming out to be fucking brilliant now.....because im pretty damn sure there are some of you that can't wait to see yahtzee jam forks into his eyes when he comes across a game that is just as good as portal.

Portal
Silent Hill 2
Sands of Time
Painkiller (me thinks)
Fantasy World Dizzy

i might have earned yahtzee's utter disgust

1.Portal
2.Silent Hill 2
3.PoP: SoT
4.Spiderman 2
5.Fantasy World Dizzy

looks like everyone beat me to it

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Prince of Persia, sands of time
4. Spiderman 2 [????????????? whuh? joke, right?]
5. That egg game on the commodore he keeps bringing up.

It seems almost everyone can clearly make out four of the five games on your list, yet that red one can be anything...

Yahtzee: The Man of Mystery.

Great retrospective. Really must pick up those games.

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. PoP: Sands of Time
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

Do I win your utter disgust now?

I wonder why did he like Spiderman 2... I bet it was the PS2 version, because the PC version was the worst thing I've stuck into my disc drive :S

It's pretty clear the image is of Spiderman 2's box art.....

but is that really his number 4?

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
4. Spider-Man 2 (???)
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

#4 really fucking looks like Spider-Man 2 for some reason. Am I right?

Crap, people beat me to it already. Not fair, I got it the first time I saw it, but had to make an account first =P

lol, nice video - theres no point guessing the game because I know at least 1 persons got them correct.

Oh hoh! And kudos for the Doctor Who joke at the end. Very appropriate!

I love these retrospectives. A lot of good games got skimmed over last generation because they weren't based off of anime or Halo

Wow I'd forgoten about POP3D that was a huge turd.

Still no mention of the very poor Prince of Persia 2.

Woah I cant beleive he rates Spiderman 2 that highly. Its pretty damn average i say.

Rofl at: "Because you stick your DICK in it!"

I know that Portal, Silent Hill 2, PoP: SoT, and FWD for the C64 were all on that list; I'd normally think that the 5th would be Painkiller or RE 4, but it didn't look anything like either of those games. Somebody said flashback, and I'm not exactly sure, but I think Yahtzee may have posted a video of it on Youtube - at least, the account's name was Yahtzee19 - so it's a good guess.

Yahtzee kind of forced a joke or two that were working quite nicely without any emphasis, but otherwise I enjoyed the review. I agree that Farah was very "human" in Sands of Time. I havn't had a chance to see what they did to her in Two Thrones.

funniest review in ages. nice one

Click <-- That's the 4th image.

You'll notice none of the gold belonging to the Spiderman 2 case Here

i loved the review and i love the pop series

I'm just gonna throw in my opinion on the games just so I can reign glorious when he reveals them to the babbling masses

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. POP: Sand Of Time
4. Spiderman 2
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

Crazy list but then again why the hell not!! Go Yahtzee, sorry we all cracked it so fast

HAhahah Funny Review as allways, and I loved the Doctor Who part in the credits XD.

a pudding that got dicked.....lol....

Portal
Silent Hill 2
Sands of Time
Spiderman 2
Fantasy World Dizzy

^_^ XP

MUST KILL UWE BOLL

Where's the gold you ask (apart from exactly where it is on the box art)

Where's the white writing I ask!!

Jeez I think many of you have fallen into some sort of snare trap which catches those fanboys who think that if they can just identify the pixelated game covers they'll win some kind of adoration or respect from Yahtzee or other viewers :S

It's a sad sad thing although with that said I still love the review.

WOAH! It is Resident Evil 4! Here's the PAL region cover: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q18/SlipperyCustomer/boxart_pal_residentevil4_large.jpg

Definitely not SH 4. Sure, he said the story was his favourite of all the Silent Hill games, but also that he would rank it among the worst in terms of gameplay.

EDIT -

For the record, my list is:

1. Portal
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
4. Resident Evil 4 (or Spider-Man 2)
5. Fantasy World Dizzy

EDIT -

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it seems to look like Spider-Man 2....

I hope that damn PoP movie gets top rankings :)

What kind of self-respecting pretentious critic has two games from one series in his Top 5? This is an affront to my sensibilities.

I always though i was the only one to think spiderman 2 was ace. That and goldeneye were the best movie liscence games ever.

i liked pop: ww, i dunno y everyone hates it so much. lol spiderman 2 i love that game 2 so amazing

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here