de-rez: Behind the Game: Valve

Pages PREV 1 2

I liked it, though maybe it could've been a bit shorter.

I like jokes like the "I thought it was a metaphor. It wasn't." line. I think the series is probably at its strongest when the characters aren't obviously over-the-top, they're just slightly....left of center?

Hmm, don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

You guys got new microphones or just got closer to the camera or something, so I could hear you fine.

Would it have killed you to get just one more person in there?

I guess that's it.

Oh yeah, favorite part was the S. Hawking thing, my God. You guys really are brilliant.

Hamster at Dawn:
Mine is taking ages to load. All the escapist videos used to load in a second but now I have to wait at least 10 minutes to watch them. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, I've had it for the past few ZP and De-Rez, seems to have resolved itself now though.

And that was good, not kinda laughing funny, but clever funny.

that was actually funny; poor 3d Realms :P

the_geordie:
This episode is funny, but in a much drier way than usual.
Therefore not all viewers will be able to appreciate it.
I enjoyed it!

I think dry humor's the funniest kind

Come for zero, stay for de-rez. Delivery, timing, and concept bang on as always. A true talent.

Cheers De-Rez!

The answers are revealed!

Very awesome.

This is actually got to be one of my favourites, it was almost very british like humour, which is why maybe some didnt find it funny, but i actually really did think this was one of his best. De-Rez does the best videos on here.

gasto:
I like the fact that De-rez has 2 pages of replies while Ben Croshaw's Zero Punctuation has 30.

Anyways, I hate the escapist magazine for not supporting Firefox 3.0 for the videos, I had to use the old IE 6 to view the videos. Shame on them.

de-rez and yahtzee are the only reasons i regularly visit the escapist

I liked the idea of some insane guy coming up with all the awesome games from Valve, its a shame there were no TF2 references but I'll get over it.

Funny as ever.

this is a really dark and alternative humor type, thats why most people dont find it funny.

I loved the joke with the door, I thought he was just going to hit the wall

Has there been a split in the team?

I quite enjoyed that. Dark yet still humorous.

im going to be an smart ass and tell you guy got it wrong about portal it was made by some people at a universite/collage then valve made it better :P

What? No de-rez this week? In the words of Yahtzee:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Dull, plodding, predictable and obvious that pretty much sums up every De-Rez video I've watched.

The Stephen Hawking thing raised a smile but that was about it...

Escapist - Home of Zero Punctuation.... and some other stuff...

*sigh* why isn't there a new de-rez.

Aye it was alright, Funny in parts but got abit dull... Still! nice work!

god, de-rez is such trash

De-Rez is a nice change from the constant clutter of people with the opinions of "LOLOL YAHTZEE IS 1337 AND SO FUNNY AND ORIGINAL!"

gasto:
I like the fact that De-rez has 2 pages of replies while Ben Croshaw's Zero Punctuation has 30.

Anyways, I hate the escapist magazine for not supporting Firefox 3.0 for the videos, I had to use the old IE 6 to view the videos. Shame on them.

I'm using Firefox 3.0 and I can view the videos :/

Zulu-Echo14:
This episode wasn't funny =S

I don't think any of their episodes are funny.

Why am I still watching?! >__<

Hmm... perhaps you simply don't get the Anglo-Irish humour thing then. Its very dry and often very dark and sarcastic. Compare De-Rez and Zero to Unforgotten Realms for a very good example of the differences!

whats going on?? oi cris slack i think your slacking becuz your gettin behind in actually making vid's on deadline...what i gotta wait 1-2 years for your next 'show'..i mean come on slackston slacky needs ta get on tracky n make dem films faster...jhheezz

I mean its funny, but, is it the best way to make a physics engine?

That lines hooked me into watching your back episodes.
Keep up the good work.

Yeah, where's a new DE-REZ? :D

is chris slack on unannounced hiatus?

Best episode yet....Steven Hawkins.......soooooooooo funny

Got to be said i think there was more then a little influence from the work of Chris Morris. Could Mr Slack been possibly watching "Brasseye" or "The Day Today" lately? Either way this is by far my favourite De-Rez yet great work guys.

gasto:

I'm using 3.0 and it works perfectly....

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here