Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: There Is Another Game

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm going to call it: Yahtzee wins for being the funniest poet ABOUT GAMES. Jim,you were freaking me out about your stalker-ish Boreanaz obsession. All that talk of his work and no mention of Bones?

captcha: i'm sorry
Said Microsoft to their customers after Sony effectively pulled their pants down in public.

I am absolutely titillated to ponder what the Boreanaz-Sterling love-child would look like ... thank God for Jim.

Oh for gods sake, Jim.

2:12 No,I will NOT bow before you,Microsoft. (Wonder who will get that reference.)

NinjaDeathSlap:
Tough to pick a winner this week. Yahtzee's was as brilliantly executed and on-the-button as always, but the sheer randomness of Jim's had me in stitches.

Seriously I've got to agree. This is the first one of these I've watched and wow, poetry is cool, go figure.

I love the look Jim, makes you look like you've lost a few screws, a nut and some marbles.

Hey, they got rid of the picture that makes Yahtzee look like a serial killer.

Was it just me, or was some (a lot? all?) of Yahtzee's poem also directed at Sony as well as Microsoft?

knox140:
Hey, they got rid of the picture that makes Yahtzee look like a serial killer.

And replaced it with Jim's entire poem making him look like a serial killer.

ritchards:
Was it just me, or was some (a lot? all?) of Yahtzee's poem also directed at Sony as well as Microsoft?

I saw it more as a cautionary tale towards the Next Gen consoles audience.

I've re-watched this several times. I'm not getting the Jim/David thing. Am I missing something? Did they meet or something at a Con? Is there a back-story or pic or something?

So Jim's been stalking the hell out of David Boreanaz on Twitter the last couple of days, and now he's dedicated a whole half of Rhymedown to him. Is this something I'm missing out on by not following his stuff on Destructoid?

Captcha: civil war. Yeah, as far as wars go, a poetry battle is pretty fuckin' civil.

Borealis... ..wait, hang on didn't Valve have that Korean thing happen earlie...

OMG, JIM IS GIVING HL3 HINTS.

*Evilgrin*

I think this is officially my new favorite thing on the internet.

Woah, Jim. You're actually a handsome guy. Who would have thought? I'm feeling deeply disturbed right now.

Both poems were nice, funny and the acting was great ^^
I didn't completely understand the intention behind the David Boreanaz one, because I don't know him but it was fun either way.

Dave Boreanaz is really not a good actor.

I like crazy hair Jim, it seems more fitting for some reason.

Gotta love David Boreanaz, although I choose to forget about his involvement in Bones. He will always be Angel to me.

This may seem cheesy, but I really appreciate this series. I know it's done for a laugh, but I think it's pretty great that there is poetry being written about games (and Matt Borealis) on a weekly basis.

Angelous Wang:

I always preferd James Masters.

It's Marsters isn't it? I'm assuming you're referring to the actor who played Spike?

My name's Matt
This episode was really weird to watch o.o

I now know that my man-love for David Boreanaz is shared by another. He has always been at the top of my list of guys-I-would-do-even-though-I'm-totally-not-gay.

And his name is "David" Jim, not "Matt." That would be the benefit of being locked up in my basement instead of Jim's; he gets to keep his name. See David, I told you it wouldn't be that bad here.

Reading through this thread it appears that if Jim's poem was a metaphor that I wasn't the only one it was lost on. If it was just a funny/crazy poem then quite hilarious. If it was metaphor then I'm really trying to stretch for it but coming up lacking.

I'm really glad they teamed up to do this. I've thoroughly enjoyed this series. My two favorite critics in the same video. Christmas and birthday?! Why yes, I think I will have that as long as you don't short me on the gifts because they're so close.

always looking forwed to jim's metaphor, to guess what his on about. but this week there was no metaphor, jim has a picture of of ANGEL above is bed.

xshadowscreamx:
always looking forwed to jim's metaphor, to guess what his on about. but this week there was no metaphor, jim has a picture of of ANGEL above is bed.

Who doesn't have a picture of Angel above their beds?

Lightknight:

xshadowscreamx:

Who doesn't have a picture of Angel above their beds?

ha i just thought i was the only one, now i know im not alone. we can face tomorrows challenges together.

So do we have any clue what Jim was on about? Or was it truly as crazy as it seemed?

Did Yahtzee just call me a C*nt and tell me to do a heap of things?

Griffolion:
So do we have any clue what Jim was on about? Or was it truly as crazy as it seemed?

Something about his Twitter. Not completely sure.

Let's start declaring winners on these. I vote Yahtzee because while he only said things that we all know very well at least he was on topic. Jim likes David Boreanaz, ok. But it's quite a bit off topic.

UrinalDook:
So Jim's been stalking the hell out of David Boreanaz on Twitter the last couple of days, and now he's dedicated a whole half of Rhymedown to him. Is this something I'm missing out on by not following his stuff on Destructoid?

Yes there is. Listen to Podtoid. It will be "illuminating", in much the same way as unlocking the secrets of the Lament Configuration.

OT: These do seem to be getting a lot better. The first couple of weeks I didn't think it was that good but I like their output at the moment.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here