Unskippable: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Yes, do it, do it!

Also the PC is right. Our PC master race will stand againt all 3 of you united and win. We alraedy managed to force you to dress up like me with your new architecture, now i will crush you from the inside out!

P.S. sweatpants? they are kinda getting in fashion here. i mean seriuosly you would see girs with sweatpants walking around like they would be in a kinky dress or something.

Angnor:
Graham/Paul, if you're looking for a new game for GPLP, this is it!

Yeah, I mean asking if we want a part 2 of this insanity? I want a 27 part GPLP.

KOMega:
Ya sure why not? I'd watch a part 2.

Also I don't think purple is PC, but whatever.

Now that you mention it, the PC character should have been blue, like the Windows 7 default taskbar and desktop.

The next part may be single frames, but at least they're pretty. It's like the Atelier series: cheesy, fancy, and on the PS3, of course.

YES! Yes, of course we want to see more. Why are you even asking...

I must see a part 2... maybe a part 3, 4 and 5 also :P

Also is the purple PC or iPhone games? Because if it's iPhone games I can totally get behind the other 3 ganging up on her. Also how can the Xbox one be call Leanbox when that chest makes her anything but lean?

Wow! This is like interactive TV! I'm so excited, I even forget to make a decision! WooHoooo!

Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes Yes yes oh YES

Considering the fact that one of your former Unskippable's was of Zoids Assault, I think we'd be ok with a part two, even with the minimal of animation!

Because at least 10 minutes of THIS would be entertaining, if only in premise.

I'm preparing for the dialogue rant in part 2.

Also, I'm pretty sure the purple one is supposed be the Sega Neptune that never actually got released.

Can we please just have this series be nonstop JRPGs? They really provide the best fodder for this kind of stuff.

Strazdas:
Also the PC is right.

Xman490:
Now that you mention it, the PC character should have been blue

The Artificially Prolonged:
Also is the purple PC or iPhone games?

Purple Heart is a Sega Neptune, it was a planned 32X cum Genesis to be released in 1995. This game is from Sega, which is why such an obscure console is the main character. xD

I'd say go for it. This game seems stupid enough to be mineable for a few more laughs.

As much as I want to see a part two, I think this game deserves a Let's Play. I'd really like to see just how bad this horribly-disguised allegory for the console wars gets.

Samantha Burt:

Strazdas:
Also the PC is right.

Xman490:
Now that you mention it, the PC character should have been blue

The Artificially Prolonged:
Also is the purple PC or iPhone games?

Purple Heart is a Sega Neptune, it was a planned 32X cum Genesis to be released in 1995. This game is from Sega, which is why such an obscure console is the main character. xD

Now we know. And also now that I know that this is a Sega game I can't help imagining this entire game was made solely to be one giant fuck you all message to the other console makers XD

Personally, I want to hit up Wikipedia or some other source just to look up more information on this game. Still I wouldn't mind it too much to see more, so long as by minimal animation, they just decide to stick to one of their ways of telling the story.

Seriously, that's something I don't get with these games. They seem to want to tell the story using multiple methods. For instance, in this one, we had the 3D models standing around talking, then a separate shot of a character talking and then finally a still image of more characters talking. In a game where its visual elements seem to be key in telling the story, wouldn't it be better to stick to one to properly explain what is going on in the story? Or is there some reason that developers do this in these types of games? I'm curious to know why if there is a reason.

I love it when Unskippable does JRPGs, they're almost always comedic gold, because the cutscenes themselves tend to be as hilarious as the commentary over it.

And I think it'd be a good test of your skills to see how interesting you can make five minutes of JRPG dialogue with no animation. :D

No... I don't want a part two for this game...

... I want a full fucking LET'S PLAY!!!

Am I the only one that can't help but suspect this game is a metaphor for something? Hmm?

Or is it only me?

Also, yes Graham, Paul, I want to see more. Not necessarily because I like it, but I want to know where this is going.. What is the plot of this? I need to know!

Finish what you have started, it must be done.

Do it. Do it now! The mental pictures this has conjured for the console wars must be allowed to find new forms of hilarity.

I say bring on part 2!

I just finished the game yesterday and it was hilarious! (if you get all the references) It even makes retcon jokes about itself. True the 1/2 arsed animations are kinda bs but you get that in all NIS games and a lot of other jrpg's. The game is also missing audio from almost 1/2 the conversations but I can forgive the missing audio & lazy animation because it was so damn funny. I really enjoyed the 80hrs (maybe 5-6hrs grinding) I put into the game and at NZ$33 I think it was a great deal.

Also, the trophy at the start is a joke later on.

I so want to see more... I think... like on the one hand, that was all so very dumb. Dumb to degrees I didn't think humanity had ever reached... and yet, here it is. So I somehow want to see more...

We survived part 1, so now we NEED a Part 2! I mean come on, that was....A thing. A good thing, but a thing nonetheless.

Please do. Don't leave us hanging.

We can take up drawing pictures to relieve the lack of animation to make it tollerable.

Yes to part two, Hell I want to see a let's play episode on this game.

I'd say go for it. If nothing else I just want to see what other weird allegories for the game industry they'll put in place. Will it be another anime cliche teenage girl? (it probably will be) Although maybe for this game that isn't necessarily a bad thing

Hey, in for a penny.

Do we want to see it? DO WE WANT TO SEE IT?!?!?

Yeah, sure.

wow um japan took the term sexbox360 to a new level. Yeah sure I'd like to see more of this

That was the weirdest, most unplayable looking thing I've seen for a while.
DO IT.

(Also, for the record, that bit where the girl was saying she was dying and then just sort of fell had me in hysterics)

I don't want to see the end, but I must. Please continue, guys. It's like a train wreck. With big breasts and thinly-veiled console metaphors.

It looks like I'm going to be out-voted on this one, but I vote to move on to a different game. Unless there is some GOLDEN (i.e., mind-bendingly bad) dialogue in it, no part 2 please...

(Again, sorry for the double-post)

It looks like I'm going to be out-voted on this one, but I vote to move on to a different game. Unless there is some GOLDEN (i.e., mind-bendingly bad) dialogue in it, no part 2 please...

(Sorry for the double-post)

I'm amused so far. Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I mean the worse that can happen is I regret this decision for the rest of my life, until I betray, to their rivals, the very people who presented this choice to me, attempting create a false sense of self-worth rather than accepting the personal inadequacies that let me to make this decision in the first place.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here