Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

SILENTrampancy:
Well, who the hell buys CoD for singleplayer anymore?

Please, stand up and say your name, so that we may oggle at the oddity that is you.

That would be me, Yahtzee (since he has to review these games) and Jim Sterling (who gave MW3:9.5, BLOPS2:8.5 and Ghosts:5 respectively). Of course Jim and I play a bit of the ol' multiplayer occasionally (not together, sadly), but I'm not very good at it and I stop playing as soon as the first DLC comes out.

MW1's singleplayer I remember very fondly, MW2 was still pretty decent and BLOPS2 had a fair amount interesting stuff going for it.

Allan Foe:

SILENTrampancy:
Well, who the hell buys CoD for singleplayer anymore?

Please, stand up and say your name, so that we may oggle at the oddity that is you.

That would be me, Yahtzee (since he has to review these games) and Jim Sterling (who gave MW3:9.5, BLOPS2:8.5 and Ghosts:5 respectively). Of course Jim and I play a bit of the ol' multiplayer occasionally (not together, sadly), but I'm not very good at it and I stop playing as soon as the first DLC comes out.

MW1's singleplayer I remember very fondly, MW2 was still pretty decent and BLOPS2 had a fair amount interesting stuff going for it.

Speaking honestly, I enjoyed the singleplayer up until MW3(I even bothered to beat MW2 on the hardest setting and boy was that a bullshit challenge XD), where they killed soap. I was legitimately pissed at that, mainly because I thought Captain Price was a weak protagonist and his values were much harder to relate to, rather than Soap who was just a 'good soldier'. So I have enjoyed CoD, my comments just have an ulterior motive.

My comments are more to draw attention to what gets too little attention, IE the stories. Your response is exactly what i wanted; confirmation that people (and I mean people in the most general sense) still enjoy singleplayer campaigns and stories and so they will never truly go away. Perhaps it is silly of me to fear such a thing, but I do and I like a little reassurance every now and again.

SILENTrampancy:
Your response is exactly what i wanted;

Oh you're a claver cat creature, SILENTrampancy.

All right, you win this round. But this isn't over yet, not by a long shot.

Actually the funny thing is that the real enemy is another white American dude. He is the one who is always pulling the strings and laying the traps, he is the one taunting the main characters at every chance like a cartoon villain, and he is the one surviving a sure death just to bait a sequel. The South American soldiers are just kinda there as generic cannon fodder, you could find replace every reference of south American to Russian and most people would probably never notice.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here