Uncivil War: Yahtzee Eats His Mustard

Pages PREV 1 2

VladG:
My experience with English mustard is that it is a sweet mustard with a ton of horseradish in it (which is closely related to wasabi, and they have similar flavour). So basically it's like eating tear gas.

Or at least that's what stuff that's branded as English mustard is like around here.

Not quite, it's a hot mustard with a load of mustard in it. There's a chemical (or chemicals) in mustard (that I assume is present in horseradish and wasabi) that produces the "OMG, chemical warfare is happening inside my head" feeling but it is destroyed by heat (temperature) & acid, so English mustard is prepared differently to other sweet mustards.

LenticularHomicide:

Nergui:
But what kind of English mustard was it, mild or hot? I remember the first and last time I ever tried hot English mustard, I spent 20 minutes wondering what the fuck I'd put into my mouth.

Captcha - I think so
(captcha wants to kinow as well)

He was eating MasterFoods brand English Mustard (it's an Australian brand), which comes in Mild and Hot varieties, as Nergui said. However, the Mild version has a large blue oval on its label, which is not present on the jar he was holding. So, it was Hot English Mustard. Eesh.

Silentpony:
Also is English mustard spicier than American mustard?

Yes. A thousand times yes. It's a punch in the face that you can eat. It's like getting pepper sprayed in the face while simultaneously breathing in tear gas. It's wasabi on bath salts.

And, judging from Yahtzee's reaction, it appears to have the ability to replace memories of fat jokes with searing-hot pain.

(And was that a female, American-accented voice I heard prompting him? o_O)

Now I'm tempted to find this particular mustard and try it
As someone who eat a lot of mustard and horse-raddish-paste-thing (I don't know what it's called in english) since childhood
(once I squeezed wasabi into my mouth to prove it isn't that hot)

My first reaction upon reading "English mustard" was "pfff", mostly because "english mustard" I'm familiar with is mild one, but it seems there exists hot mustard too.
Just in case I can't find it, are there some similar mustards to one Yahtzee was eating?

blackrave:

My first reaction upon reading "English mustard" was "pfff", mostly because "english mustard" I'm familiar with is mild one, but it seems there exists hot mustard too.
Just in case I can't find it, are there some similar mustards to one Yahtzee was eating?

Well, Colman's Mustard is a well-known brand of English mustard. I think it's slightly less spicy, though. Godspeed you :-)

Grabehn:
If you've watched Yahtzee's "Let's drown out" I can't help but feel this was made on purpouse with a "I have a girlfriend, I have a girlfriend and yes, it's an actual girl" intention, which made it even funnier.

She was never identified in the video, for all you know she could be his mum.

Eric the Orange:

Grabehn:
snip

She was never identified in the video, for all you know she could be his mum.

But what if... just what if... they're ACTUALLY just one and the same though?

I love ham and american or swedish mustard sandwiches. I once ran out of both and put my dad's English mustard on instead. After one bite my eyes and nose were streaming and i couldnt speak. So basically Yahtzee is a hero

I regularly consume Chinese Mustard (imported, the real stuff) and horse radish so this wasn't nearly as painful or gross for me to watch as some.

Hopefully, Ben and Jim will continue their rivalry "informally" on youtube or the like.

Damn, son... This finale had it all and then some... A throwback to Rhymedown Spectacular, in which Yahtzee makes a elegant poem that would, more or less, be better than Jim's... A part of the video thrown together basically at the last minute... References to previous events past... Mustard, which I REALLY don't like... A female Ben behind-the-scenes...

All that and more wrapped up in a poem that, basically, now has a double meaning behind it... *sniffs* Just... Damn, son...

With all that said, is there going to be a Season 2 and, if so, would it basically pull a "Netflix" in some way, shape, or form?

Hmmmm, Uncivil war against with Gavin versus Grey would be good.

They had a good exchange with the whole Dota thing after all. :P

Hey, it's Kess(Kes?)!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook