The Escapist Presents: MovieBob: Oscar Show

Pages PREV 1 2 3

sneak_copter:
A. I was the first one to do it.

Uh, no. You were. Maybe here in this thread, but that kind of thing has been done since, I don't know. I think Remus used to say things like that to Romulus. It's long since grown tiresome.

But this has spun out of control a bit and it's best to just drop it. The chubby Cheeto kid was not meant to be you, though. Just the sort of person I imagine usually makes comments like that.

But in light of reading John August's blog about the demise of the Shazam movie, I now have another reason to hate Dark Knight. It ruined the movies of two of my favorite superheroes.

The Dark Knight was a great superhero movie, but... Really, Best Picture? With a script like that? Eh... It got nominations in other categories, and won a couple, which it deserved. It wasn't the best movie of 2008, though.

Batman Begins was way better than The Dark Night, better plot, better acting, more grit, all around a better movie.

Only thing worthy of a nomination in the Dark Night was the Joker, and that got properly rewarded. Everything else was subpar to Batman Begins.

I can't believe The Dark Knight got treated this way. Good on you Moviebob!

Hey, that was pretty good. I'll be paying more attention to this guy in the future.

clauwman:
Get this man his own series! I loved all of his reviews, that were part of the Escapist show.

Uncensored and honest. More please.

Agreed. Moar, etc.

I know this is old, but the only think I want to comment on is... Wow, you sound different from usual. I guess I'll have to take your word for it that you're angry and your Boston accent is coming out.

MB202:
I know this is old, but the only think I want to comment on is... Wow, you sound different from usual. I guess I'll have to take your word for it that you're angry and your Boston accent is coming out.

I just noticed that; but I don't mind.
The Massachusetts/Nantucket accent is the only regional accent I like. My dad used to have one before he got used to living in upstate New York.

G1eet:

MB202:

I just noticed that; but I don't mind.
The Massachusetts/Nantucket accent is the only regional accent I like. My dad used to have one before he got used to living in upstate New York.

Interesting...

Also, this one time, this one waitress thought my mom has a Minnesota accent. While it's true that I was born in Minnesota and my family lived there for a while, I don't think we lived there long enough to gain an accent of any kind.

10 points for the caption at 4:53 having speech marks before but not after 'The Wrestler' :P

In response to this video I have to ask, who takes the Oscars seriously? Esp. since there's enough award shows around to choke Monstro the Whale rendering the Oscars kinda meaningless. And really they're all a farce.

Damn good movies, these were. It was a good year for Best Picture noms. I too was annoyed about DK's snub but Slumdog, Benji, Reader, and Frost were great and I'm told that Milk was good too.

Also: I'm annoyed that this was the first time I saw this Moviebob vid. I would've never seen hit had I not just linked here from his Game Overthinker Special message.

Bob's voice sounds like something between a really thick Boston accent and Bob's voice today.

Yes, I'm commenting on this because I felt like burning time away before I go to sleep and happened to come across this after searching for Yatzee interviews.

A little thread necromancy here, but Bob recently did an entire video in his Boston accent, and I got linked here.

So bazaar to see him ranting out of style about something I completely disagree with. Dark Knight was really not a great movie. If there wasn't a dead actor involved with it, I don't think anyone would remember it in 5 years.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here