Zero Punctuation: Horizon Zero Dawn

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Zoids was amazing.

I remember Zoids as well...all three of the series I saw and all three apparently suggesting that the Liger was the superior model. Anyways...

I have one question for everyone here who has played Horizon: Anyone else feel like wanting to punch various members of the Nora tribe in the face, regardless of the consequences?

I do. I remember Zoids. If Nintendo released that game on the Switch, I would knuckle under and buy one of those overpriced handhelds.

GamemasterAnthony:
I remember Zoids as well...all three of the series I saw and all three apparently suggesting that the Liger was the superior model.

Liger was a giant pussy. Berserk Fury FTW.

'Who else remembers Zoids?' I DO! :)

Ahem...

I loved the review - it was informative and it was funny. That last line, though...wow. That was fantastically brutal - and fucking hilarious. :D

I'm sick of harvesting nature/world stuff to do upgrades and keep myself ammofied in action games. Picking flowers is soo last decade - let the enemies have what I need or forget about it. I'm done with this crap professionally.

To add insult to injury, the devs of this turd even realized that crafting consumables are indeed booring. But rather then just cut the fluff, they decided a quick-crafting system that let's you craft on the fly in the middle of a battle would be a good fix. COME ON! Where is that one dev who read "Emperor's new clothes"? If a game mechanic has no meaning except to waste your time or make it look like there is more to it - then cut it.

Flankhard:
To add insult to injury, the devs of this turd even realized that crafting consumables are indeed booring. But rather then just cut the fluff, they decided a quick-crafting system that let's you craft on the fly in the middle of a battle would be a good fix. COME ON! Where is that one dev who read "Emperor's new clothes"? If a game mechanic has no meaning except to waste your time or make it look like there is more to it - then cut it.

I use the quick crafting more then I use the menu crafting, It keeps the pace going and keeps things fun and intense.

Flankhard:
I'm sick of harvesting nature/world stuff to do upgrades and keep myself ammofied in action games. Picking flowers is soo last decade - let the enemies have what I need or forget about it. I'm done with this crap professionally.

Items picked up from the ground are different from items looted from enemies. You don't necessarily need to kill to get the former if you are careful. There is a distinction in terms of gameplay.

Limited resources of course exist as a form of resource management - again a form of gameplay.

Guess it's not your thing.

Bedinsis:
For all the talk about justifying tropes early on it seemed like the stealth grass and the specified climbing areas was not justified in game.

hentropy:
Also Tom Clancy's cock was probably gray before he died, just going out on a limb here.

Pun intended?

Well, Aloy is super-reliant on her focus, she even goes into withdrawal like panic when separated from it after the Proving. She probably taught the Focus "hiding place" and "climbing place" with those early childhood examples and just never bothered experimenting to figure out other ones. And now she's conditioned not to try if the Focus doesn't label it for her.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here