Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

darrinwright:
OK, OK, I get it, everyone! My bad for trying to defend Nintendo. THEY SUCK! There, happy? Can I please not get any more flak over supporting a console and games I happen to like? PLEASE FORGIVE ME for having my own opinions. Won't happen again.

I'm sorry, I feel like Nintendo betrayed us and I can't help myself and point out that this time they are flawed. The Wii does have some good games as well as the other consoles, unlike some of the Wii owners, mine hasn't been collecting dust because I have managed to find a good variety of games to still keep my main interest in Nintendo.

Keep defending Nintendo but for Gods sake try avoid talking about Mario Kart and Brawl, those are bad examples! Mario Galaxy and No More Hero's are good though and there are others I bet but I have yet to discover them.

runtheplacered:

Nazulu:

darrinwright:

nathan-dts:
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.

The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

OMFG, You actually believe these scores?

Funny that I agree Mario Galaxy is the best to come onto the Wii, but most of the others were shocking and I would cut that score in half and cut it again!

You're both high for A.) thinking that scores have anything to do with how good a system is. and B.) for thinking that scores aren't believable. As if it's a God or something. Although, you could disagree with them, but that's another story. Oh yeah and C.) for thinking that your opinions matter so much as to be able to deem a system "good" or "bad".

Oh look, an innocent bystander. NOT!!!

I like scoring because it's interesting to rate things and to throw your opinions out there is the other half of the fun. Also I have been disappointed with some of the Wii games and I feel like talking about it, sometimes people put up a good defence and I can actually learn something from it. But not from people like you!

Because you are God and can judge us through reading our reply's, obviously you don't have anything interesting to say and calling people high solves every single problem you have with others.

Do you like Wii games or not? Simple bloody question.

quickpaw:

Knight Templar:

quickpaw:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.

I think he just doesn't like Nintendo, if every time somebody doesn't like something we call them a fanboy then what does the word mean?

I have no problem with him disliking Nintendo, what annoys me is the fact that every single chance he gets he insults Nintendo while complimenting the other two consoles. It happens consistently throughout his videos.

I'm quite sure he only does in in videos related to Nintendo in some way.

I was going to take Yahtzee's advice and just watch the cinematics on youtube, but unfortunately they only have the opening sequence.

Ah well, so much for that then.

I liked this review. Yahtzee seemed to really understand the point of House of the Dead: Overkill, although, I'm not sure if I want to play another rail shooter. I dunno, maybe I'll blow the dust off of the wii and give this a quick rent.

As a side note, as a person who's had the wii for 3 years now and hasn't played it seriously since 2007/early 2008, I do like that Yahtzee's not afraid to say what he thinks about Nintendo Wii, because I find a ring of truth to what he says, especially since I still check into the internet every once in a while to see if anything good's being released, only to find nothing, everytime.

Nazulu:

runtheplacered:

Nazulu:

darrinwright:

nathan-dts:

The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

OMFG, You actually believe these scores?

Funny that I agree Mario Galaxy is the best to come onto the Wii, but most of the others were shocking and I would cut that score in half and cut it again!

You're both high for A.) thinking that scores have anything to do with how good a system is. and B.) for thinking that scores aren't believable. As if it's a God or something. Although, you could disagree with them, but that's another story. Oh yeah and C.) for thinking that your opinions matter so much as to be able to deem a system "good" or "bad".

Oh look, an innocent bystander. NOT!!!

I like scoring because it's interesting to rate things and to throw your opinions out there is the other half of the fun. Also I have been disappointed with some of the Wii games and I feel like talking about it, sometimes people put up a good defence and I can actually learn something from it. But not from people like you!

Because you are God and can judge us through reading our reply's, obviously you don't have anything interesting to say and calling people high solves every single problem you have with others.

Do you like Wii games or not? Simple bloody question.

I don't think you're replying to the right person. I didn't say anything about liking or disliking the Wii. I couldn't care less about it, if you really must know. A bunch of "non-gamers" that I know have one, and I can at least somewhat talk about gaming with them now. That's neat-o. Otherwise, it's had very little impact on my life. I can take it or leave it.

Sah_Kuh:
To the critics, killzone 2 is a GoW clone. Its one of those big, who gives a f---, I haven't even heard of Killzone until now.

Eh... Killzone was a title on the playstation2, a big title for that matter. It was advertised as the "halo killer" although it wasn't by a long shot. Regardless, the killzone long predates gears.

Killzone 2 is not a gears clone... that's a relatively ignorant comment to make. For one thing, its a first person shooter, not a third person shooter. People see a similar color pallet and start yelling clone. The two games are completely different by way of story, art direction, and gameplay.

As for crysis looking better than killzone, that's really a matter of opinion. Crysis looks more lush, killzone is dark and industrial. The graphics of both games are great, and really you'd be splitting hairs to say one looks better than the other. They're both extremely graphically intensive games. We're reaching a point in which video game graphics are coming to a peak, and soon won't be able to look much "better" as far as realism goes. Instead we're going to judge graphics by way of art direction.

Some of killzone's motion cap is horrificly realistic as well. You can actually see the effect or each individual bullet's impact as they enter into your target's body. It's both disturbing and amazingly satisfying to watch.

Techni:

Vanguard_Ex:

darrinwright:

nathan-dts:

What does that link show?

Wii has far less good games, and far more crappy ones than other consoles. I've used metacritic as proof of that in the past. Seriously, add the colors up. That link does not paint Wii in a positive light at all.

Got it. To be honest though Nintendo consoles are usually the harbingers for crappy games no one wants/has even heard of. At least nowadays. I'm talkin' bout you, DS.

runtheplacered:
I don't think you're replying to the right person. I didn't say anything about liking or disliking the Wii. I couldn't care less about it, if you really must know. A bunch of "non-gamers" that I know have one, and I can at least somewhat talk about gaming with them now. That's neat-o. Otherwise, it's had very little impact on my life. I can take it or leave it.

Oh yeah, because "Do you like Wii games?" is the only thing I said! And now you are also saying you were talking about games, can you read what you last wrote 1000 times and tell me what game you were talking about besides having a go at me and the other guy?

If you don't understand why I asked you that question it's because something that simple can give you your own opinion and begin a debate, there is no-way you are going to like (dislike)every game on every console, we talk about stuff we like, flaws, design, gameplay, etc.
It's kind of what we do at the escapist, if we all agreed with eachother it would be bloody boring here!

I guess I expect too much from people most of the time, sorry for trying to give you a clue!

well, that's a million more sales for OVERKILL then - and a million less sales for KillZone2

fun always trumps the Corporate War Machine.

:)

this weeks review was really REALLY dumb. He barelly spoke about the game itself, most of the time it was just pointles metaphors.

Treblaine:

I have played the demo and for the record that is EXACTLY the same as the final game only limited in length. Don't tell me I have no right to an opinion until I have played the whole game, that is the ENTIRE POINT of releasing a demo, to let you know what the game is like and the fundamental mechanics suck balls! Don't tell what my own personal preferences are, I've fiddled with the control settings and everything, they are utter ass. I'm talking the single weapon limit and even the weapons and enemies, sources have confirmed they are just as bland all the way through the game. I mean COD:WAW has more exciting weapons.

Just read EDGE Magazine's review of KZ2, that sums it up best.

Did you even look at the video in the link I gave you? You may be in denial but I and 99% of other people - who can tell their arse from their elbow - can tell which looks better.

Also, I don't know about you but a 7.1 audio surround system requires a large room, a speaker set over £10,000 and either deaf neighbours or very very good soundproofing. The only people who I know who have 7.1 audio systems are utter berks who have more money than sense. In the process you also need a massive HDTV ($$$) as you have to sit quite far back for 7.1 to work. and ANY PC game offers 7.1 or better surround sound support with a standard sound card.

Ha. CoD:WaW is utter wank, and every gun feels lifeless. Also, the gfx of K2 are good, they are not subjective. The Edge review is awful - the critic praises K2 for being realisitic, yet wants an unrealisitc amount of character development. Because that's not a retarded idea...
Ah right I see your the jealous type then. "Utter berks".
Try the word "rich". And for 10,000 your going to get a great sound system, most likely a Transmission Line System, so no volume issues.
As for a big HDTV, try a 60" HDTV. But really, it's not needed.
PC games aren't encoded in 7.1, so your just putting sound over seven speakers, not getting true 7.1 surround sound.

'Want to go play Rock Band'
'Yes Please'

My thoughts with just about any game XD

Mazty:

Ha. CoD:WaW is utter wank, and every gun feels lifeless. Also, the gfx of K2 are good, they are not subjective. The Edge review is awful - the critic praises K2 for being realisitic, yet wants an unrealisitc amount of character development. Because that's not a retarded idea...
Ah right I see your the jealous type then. "Utter berks".
Try the word "rich". And for 10,000 your going to get a great sound system, most likely a Transmission Line System, so no volume issues.
As for a big HDTV, try a 60" HDTV. But really, it's not needed.
PC games aren't encoded in 7.1, so your just putting sound over seven speakers, not getting true 7.1 surround sound.

Right so we are in agreement, both COD:WAW and Killzone 2 have utterly lifeless weapons, but at least in WAW you can mix and match 2 weapons at once. Remember Black for PS2 and XBox, that had some meaty weapons, Killzone 2 feels like playing a game of airsoft. And I didn't need a 7.1 surround sound system that costs as much as a brand new family car to appreciate the great sound in Black.

I said you would have to have "more money than sense" mainly that you had no sense, it is such a ridiculous squandering of money on such a system considering KZ2 does not even encourage you get get stuck into the action but to hang back like a bitch and snipe at explosive barrels.

I mean it is insulting the gamer's intelligence that these crack space-nazis would set up a machine gun or sniper RIGHT NEXT to a giant pile of red explosive barrels. That gameplay element got old way back with Time Crisis, at least a game like Half Life 2 forces you to be creative, you have to throw barrel AT the enemy. This game ends up playing almost like an on-the-rails shooter. Actually, you can make lots of comparisons with Half Life 2 and KZ2 fares very badly in gameplay comparison.

Flanking the enemy is not rewarding as the AI is so blatantly scripted I played through the demo 5 times and try as I might, there is only one way to play it! Virtually no deviation, almost only one way to attack down to the metre.

This game is the epitome of mediocre, mutton dressed up a lamb, a sub-standard and derivative game jazzed up by a 4 year long marketing blitz into some "Crysis beater" for people who have not even SEEN Crysis!

Rant over... for now.

JonnWood:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!

LOL i loved the Killzone 2 mini Review
even though i myself am a fan of the game

lasherman:
I hate when yahtzee suggests Killzone is ripping of Gears of War (Gears of World War Two?). Killzone 1 came out about 2 years before gears of war 1. if anything, gears is ripping off Killzone

Killzone 2 changed to be more like Gears after its success. Play the original (if you can stand it), it doesn't have much in common with Gears.

If you need to review a "K" game, try Katamari Damacy for the PS2 or A Kingdom for Keflings on XBox Live Arcade.

rated pg:

lasherman:
I hate when yahtzee suggests Killzone is ripping of Gears of War (Gears of World War Two?). Killzone 1 came out about 2 years before gears of war 1. if anything, gears is ripping off Killzone

Killzone 2 changed to be more like Gears after its success. Play the original (if you can stand it), it doesn't have much in common with Gears.

The original was (supposedly) ripping off Halo instead, although it turned into more of a squad-based shooter than anything close to a Halo killer. Which is interesting, as I heard that it wasn't really horribly bad, just fairly broken and occasionally irritating.

Treblaine:
Actually, you can make lots of comparisons with Half Life 2 and KZ2 fares very badly in gameplay comparison.

This would probably work for most every shooter made since Half-Life 2, as very few ever deviate from the general formula. Hell, hardly any have, with almost all trying to be just like Halo, ever since that rancid piece of road apples came out >.> Now then, excuse me while I continue my sleep deprivation (bloody morning appointments =.=).

Treblaine:

Right so we are in agreement, both COD:WAW and Killzone 2 have utterly lifeless weapons, but at least in WAW you can mix and match 2 weapons at once. Remember Black for PS2 and XBox, that had some meaty weapons, Killzone 2 feels like playing a game of airsoft. And I didn't need a 7.1 surround sound system that costs as much as a brand new family car to appreciate the great sound in Black.

No, CoD:WaW has lifeless guns. Killzone 2 has been praised for it's guns. They have a good/realistic amount of recoil, far more than in most games, and sound great. Are you playing the same game? Black was just loud. If I want that, I'll just crank up the volume - 'problem' sorted.

I said you would have to have "more money than sense" mainly that you had no sense, it is such a ridiculous squandering of money on such a system considering KZ2 does not even encourage you get get stuck into the action but to hang back like a bitch and snipe at explosive barrels.

Try playing more than the demo. Your idea that the whole games has explosive barrels everywhere is bull. Simple as that.
Plus if you have the a big house, fast car and money lying around, why not get a decent sound system? A few thousand pounds is harldy anything considering how much you could spend on a sound system.

I mean it is insulting the gamer's intelligence that these crack space-nazis would set up a machine gun or sniper RIGHT NEXT to a giant pile of red explosive barrels. That gameplay element got old way back with Time Crisis, at least a game like Half Life 2 forces you to be creative, you have to throw barrel AT the enemy. This game ends up playing almost like an on-the-rails shooter. Actually, you can make lots of comparisons with Half Life 2 and KZ2 fares very badly in gameplay comparison.

Again, play more then the demo. And HLF2 was a run & gun game, Killzone 2 has a cover system. Try running and gunning, see what happens.

Flanking the enemy is not rewarding as the AI is so blatantly scripted I played through the demo 5 times and try as I might, there is only one way to play it! Virtually no deviation, almost only one way to attack down to the metre.

The AI is exceptionally good, especially on the harder difficulties. Oh wait, you haven't played anything other than the demo...

This game is the epitome of mediocre, mutton dressed up a lamb, a sub-standard and derivative game jazzed up by a 4 year long marketing blitz into some "Crysis beater" for people who have not even SEEN Crysis!

No, your basing an entire game, on the very breif demo. You haven't even tried the superb multiplayer. And having played crysis on ultra high, it still doesn't help the fact that a lot of the textures are wank.

This was probably the best of the last six weeks. That "Xbox is the sexy heroine with big tits who screams: 'Nintendo, nooo!'" joke is just hilarious. And if Yahtzee wants to review a game which begins with K, how about a Killer7 retrospective?

And holy crap, I went through 16 pages of Gametrailers' reviews and just a single "K" game!

I'm a huge HOTD fan, and maybe it's just my copy but mine was buggy as hell. The second player had no bullet sounds when you fired and the game freezes randomly. Twice on the first level, once on the second level to point where I had to unplug the Wii just to restart it because nothing else worked.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm a bit confused... Wasn't this a review of HotD vs Killzone 2? What happened to the review section of KZ2? I agree that Yahtzee is a Wii hater but I'm also wondering how much he likes the PS3?

First review I was a little disappointed in. I guess he's going to slip from his pedestal every once in a while.

I look forward to a proper review/bashing/whatever for Killzone 2.
(BTW - I'm not a PS3 fanboy. Have all 3 and play/enjoy both the X360 and PS3 about the same. The Wii, let's be honest, it kinda sucks.)

oh god, the Imp Death Star made me have to stop and luagh myself to tears for a few minutes.
absolute genius

agerdemon:

quickpaw:

agerdemon:

quickpaw:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

I didn't know you could get anti-fanboy fanboys lol. I think he just very annoyed with the crap that nintendo keeps churning out relying purely on the customers nostalgia.

Well aren't you mature. Starting the argument by insulting me. Anyone how can you Blame Nintendo for the games on its console, that's like blaming a plane crash owing to pilot error on Boeing.

I wasn't insulting you I was making a joke and Nintendo aren't bad they are just in a poor patch at the moment, they need to start making up new stuff thats all. Didn't mean to offend.

Ah okay. Sorry for overreacting.

13lackfriday:

quickpaw:

The anti-fanboy, you mean...

Ahh, the sweet, reassuring feeling of being totally secure with one's identity...even when it's as a complete, senseless piece of VG tripe.

Edit:

Wow, was he harsh with Killzone...barely got more than a mention and a chuckle...(lol lack of german voice talent)
Even Gears he got around to fully reviewing...and he was quite forgiving with it too.

No I don't mean anti-fanboy. He is a complete 360 fanboy. Watch his other videos and you'll notice he ignores the 360's flaws while making a dig at the wii every chance he gets.

Knight Templar:

quickpaw:

Knight Templar:

quickpaw:

I think he just doesn't like Nintendo, if every time somebody doesn't like something we call them a fanboy then what does the word mean?

I have no problem with him disliking Nintendo, what annoys me is the fact that every single chance he gets he insults Nintendo while complimenting the other two consoles. It happens consistently throughout his videos.

I'm quite sure he only does in in videos related to Nintendo in some way.

I'm quite sure that it happens in videos completly unrelated to Nintendo.

Mazty:

No, your basing an entire game, on the very breif demo. You haven't even tried the superb multiplayer. And having played crysis on ultra high, it still doesn't help the fact that a lot of the textures are wank.

So you are saying I have to buy and play all the way through a game before I can have a valid opinion on it? Well excuse me if I'm not the only one who thinks that is bullshit. I am talking about the gameplay, the controls, I know that the explosive barrels are used all the way through the game!

I don't know what the hell is the matter with your computer (probably screwed up Crysis settings) but comparing Crysis and Killzone 2 textures is ridiculous as if there is anywhere that Killzone 2 is weak it is the textures that are as flat and grainy as you can find in any current gen game (excluding Wii).

Lets compare two games, both that use deferred shading and are first person shooters, I know, Unreal Tournament 3 against Killzone 2:

UT3 came out almost 18 months ago on all platforms but unlike KZ2, it was not preceded by a massive advertising blitz that readily mixed in pre-rendered shots, "bull-shots" and actual gameplay. So you see why I am not impressed by Killzone 2, nothing special about the graphics at all.

Now UT3, that is a hell of a multiplayer game and goes for cheap as hell on PC. The latest free updates really revitalise the game and has so much variability, not just a couple of jeeps but tripod behemoths and other weird vehicles that each is controlled in a unique way over gargantuan sized maps.

I fail to see what Killzone 2 offers other than COD4 lite, I mean mixing classes is nothing compared to perks and the KZ2 classes that are no where near as distinct and interesting as Team Fortress 2. I mean have you even played Team Fortress 2? That game will blow your mind.

It's interesting when you criticise a game like Quake 4 of being merely a "run and gun" game but the entire point of the KZ2 multiplayer is Run and gun, I mean they took away the cover function yet the controls are apparently just as soft and squidgy as the single player. You still run as slow as if you are weighed down by 100 pounds of equipment yet you have no body armour and only carry one weapon at a time. And the close combat, well I must say it looks so much more fun to ineffectively try to butt whip your opponent (videos seem to show it takes 4 or 5 hits) compared to sawing them in half with a chainsaw (GeOW) or skewering them on a bayonet (COD:WAW). BTW, that was sarcasm.

I'd rather play Quake 3 than KZ2 multiplayer as at least Quake 3 knows it is a run'n gun shooter, KZ2 can't decide if it wants to be realistic tactical shooter a la Rainbow Six/battlefield or a frenetic and unrealistic shooter, so it ends up in the middle doing a poor job of both.

Crash486:
it doesn't really matter that the one gaming critic who hates every game save for a select few released 10 years ago decided he didn't like it. In fact, it's not even a surprise, attempting to defend it would be like trying to defend your asian girlfriend against your racist grandfather who served in nam.

Greatest analogy ever. I'll sig it sometime, somewhere.

quickpaw:

No I don't mean anti-fanboy. He is a complete 360 fanboy. Watch his other videos and you'll notice he ignores the 360's flaws while making a dig at the wii every chance he gets.

That's a load of crap. He's mentioned the 360's Red Ring syndrome at least twice.

Lordofthesuplex:

quickpaw:

That's a load of crap. He's mentioned the 360's Red Ring syndrome at least twice.

Exactly. He has mentioned it nothing more. If any other console had a flaw like that he would harp on about it till the sun burns out.

Treblaine:

So you are saying I have to buy and play all the way through a game before I can have a valid opinion on it? Well excuse me if I'm not the only one who thinks that is bullshit. I am talking about the gameplay, the controls, I know that the explosive barrels are used all the way through the game!

If I read the first 3 pages of a book and say it's shit, does that make my opinion valid? No. If I watch 5 minutes of the begining of a movie and say it's shit, does that make my opinion valid? No. So why then does playing a 5 minute demo of a 8-10 hour, not including multiplayer game make your opinion valid? It doesn't.

I don't know what the hell is the matter with your computer (probably screwed up Crysis settings) but comparing Crysis and Killzone 2 textures is ridiculous as if there is anywhere that Killzone 2 is weak it is the textures that are as flat and grainy as you can find in any current gen game (excluding Wii).

Last time I checked, the setting ultra wasn't replaced with screwed up. The textures aren't great.

Lets compare two games, both that use deferred shading and are first person shooters, I know, Unreal Tournament 3 against Killzone 2: -snip-

Nice use of Killzone Beta images there! Try these:

Don't confuse different art styles with "poor graphics" i.e. doesn't vomit bloom onto your screen.

Now UT3, that is a hell of a multiplayer game and goes for cheap as hell on PC. The latest free updates really revitalise the game and has so much variability, not just a couple of jeeps but tripod behemoths and other weird vehicles that each is controlled in a unique way over gargantuan sized maps.

You haven't played K2's multiplayer so how can you compare them ?

It's interesting when you criticise a game like Quake 4 of being merely a "run and gun" game but the entire point of the KZ2 multiplayer is Run and gun, I mean they took away the cover function yet the controls are apparently just as soft and squidgy as the single player. You still run as slow as if you are weighed down by 100 pounds of equipment yet you have no body armour and only carry one weapon at a time. And the close combat, well I must say it looks so much more fun to ineffectively try to butt whip your opponent (videos seem to show it takes 4 or 5 hits) compared to sawing them in half with a chainsaw (GeOW) or skewering them on a bayonet (COD:WAW). BTW, that was sarcasm.

K2 multiplayer run and gun? 4 or 5 melee attacks to work? Seriously, you should stop coming up with this nonsense, you're now just trolling.

I'd rather play Quake 3 than KZ2 multiplayer as at least Quake 3 knows it is a run'n gun shooter, KZ2 can't decide if it wants to be realistic tactical shooter a la Rainbow Six/battlefield or a frenetic and unrealistic shooter, so it ends up in the middle doing a poor job of both.

How can you say you'd rather play one multiplayer than another, when you haven't played bother of them??
Also, if you run and gun online or offline, you will die very, very quickly. It has an emphasis on cover and realism, seen in the gun recoil and fact that you are not Rambo.
How on earth does that strike you as confused? Realism, realism, realism. Because that's a clear sign of confusion...

Was kinda looking forward to the Killzone 2 review shame thers not gona b one, but the game is awsome !!!

Why are viziers such utter bastards, anyway?

I mean honestly: have you ever seen a story where the vizier (and of course this presupposes the story has one) isn't a traitorous little backstabber? Is it some sort of rule that if you're a vizier you have to be the sort who would sell your mother to a whorehouse for $50 and the first try?

Mazty:

Nice use of Killzone Beta images there!

Treblaine:
the pics I used were definitely right from the final release, just follow back the URL

Don't confuse different art styles with "poor graphics" i.e. doesn't vomit bloom onto your screen.

You haven't played K2's multiplayer so how can you compare them ?

K2 multiplayer run and gun? 4 or 5 melee attacks to work? Seriously, you should stop coming up with this nonsense, you're now just trolling.

How can you say you'd rather play one multiplayer than another, when you haven't played bother of them??
Also, if you run and gun online or offline, you will die very, very quickly. It has an emphasis on cover and realism, seen in the gun recoil and fact that you are not Rambo.
How on earth does that strike you as confused? Realism, realism, realism. Because that's a clear sign of confusion...

Within reading the first 20 pages of Watchmen graphic novel (3% of the book) I knew it would be fantastic.

First chapter of The Da Vinci Code and I knew it was going to be a mediocre cliche-fest but at the same time I knew a bunch of douchebags would say it was "Amazing, transcending, kicks all the other books' asses". In fact, Killzone 2 is the Da Vinci Code of gaming, everyone (seems to) love it, even though it it utter shit, but it is marketed up the asshole.

Also, those "Gameplay screen-shots" you chose are known as "bull-shots" they are not taken from normal gameplay but carefully framed, "tweaked" gameplay assets and with many many after effects that you will never see or appreciate if you actually play the game. This sums it up best:

I chose ACTUAL gameplay screen-shots that you were taken DIRECTLY for the point of view you see in the FINAL RELEASED game with no careful tweaking or fiddling. That stands true for the UT3 shots shown as well, I did find some very sweet promotional pics of UT3 but they did not represent what you actually see in the game.

You are such a hopeless dupe, falling for such crass and blatantly deceptive marketing, I am doubly disappointed that presumably after you actually played the game you didn't realise how deceived you had been. A final layer of failure is after playing the game you then plaster the doctored promotional "gameplay" shots as if they are in any way representative to spite knowing otherwise.

Also, LMAO that you criticise UT3 for "Vomiting bloom" and the Bullshots you gave for KZ2 were literally glowing with bloom, blur and lens flare.

Oh, on the weak ass close combat, I would have to ask if YOU have even played the multiplayer? Just fast forward to 0:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJNepBrDhR0

Yeah, 3 bullets in the chest, 4 almighty thwacks from the butt-stock then someone else steals the kill. This is what qualifies as cutting edge gameplay nowadays? I swear Sony could sell sand to Arabs or maybe KZ2 fans have just sunken to a deeper level of delusion that I could have expected. I mean they spent more on advertising this game than most developers spend on just developing a game.

And what does "you haven't played bother of them" mean?

I presume you mean I "haven't played the KZ2 multiplayer so STFU and GTFO" well I have not played most of the Wii shovel-ware but I know that it is not worth the plastic it is printed on

A closer example, I have only played the Battlefield: Bad Company demo yet I think I can make the decision that the multiplayer is mediocre and not worth my time or money because I am not a child who needs to have decisions made for me by some greater authority. I have seen the gameplay footage and read all the details of Killzone 2's Multiplayer and I am about as excited about that as I am about playing Wii Carnival Games. Another game that I haven't played but know enough about not to touch it with a 20 foot pole.

A final note on realism, take a look at these videos that will educate you on how "realistic" Killzone 2's weapons actually are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGGtlqwFFtE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weIh3Mc6kU

Do you see his gun lurching around all over the place? No, because assault rifles are by their DESIGN supposed to be controllable and accurate when firing at full auto at extended ranges. Also, hyper-realism and space marines in the far future is a stupid mix.

Actually, you have eleven s's.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a shower. I feel dirty.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here