David Carradine Found Dead

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

The_root_of_all_evil:

Anyone who says "Who?" to Patrick McGoohan, Vincent Price, Humphrey Bogart, Peter Cushing, Bela Lugosi, David Carradine, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre really need to see one of their films. Desperately.
And I'm sure there's a number of equally great actors/actresses that could be added to that list.

You know what's hilarious? I recognize all the names, but for the life of me can't attach them to the various movies. My memory's just like that...

As with regards to the topic: The man was a good actor who got handed some pretty bad jobs and made the best of them that he could. His character in Kill Bill was the only one I liked (besides his brother).

RIP man

Did someone Kill Bill?

Aww man, shit sux.
RIP.

Oh geez... I even remember some movies with him... He was awesome.

He will be missed, especially by me. I loved him in Kill Bill and Wild West Tech.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Anyone who says "Who?" to Patrick McGoohan, Vincent Price, Humphrey Bogart, Peter Cushing, Bela Lugosi, David Carradine, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre really need to see one of their films. Desperately.
And I'm sure there's a number of equally great actors/actresses that could be added to that list.

James (Jimmy) Stewart
Ingrid Bergman
Orson Welles
Maureen O'Sullivan
William Holden and Gloria Swanson
Sydney Greenstreet
Buster Keaton
James Cagney
Lauren Bacall

And my personal favourites,

William Powell & Myrna Loy

...to name a few.

We still have Kill Bill Vol.1 and 2 to remember him by. Them movies were epic. He played his part so well.

Rest Peacefully Bill.

R.I.P

FrossetMareritt:

Malygris:
Initial reports suggested he had died of natural causes but it now appears that the actor committed suicide by hanging.

What's natural about hanging? "We found my great aunt last week in the river with cement shoes. We first suspected foul play or maybe a suicide, but it turns out that it was natural causes."

I could see it being a mistake if it was some sort of drug (legal or illegal) that stopped his heart, and at first they suspected cardiac arrest (based on his age)... but hanging? How do you suspect natural causes from that???

Perhaps it was a hemp rope, that's natural...

Anyway, this is shat news, he was a great actor, and seemed like a cool guy in all the interviews I saw/heard him do. R.I.P.

Granted, I only saw him in Kill Bill, but he was still a great actor. Sad to here this as well.

R.I.P.

This news sucks.

R.I.P Caine.

This is upsetting news. I recently got into his narration on a show called 'Wild West Tech', after seeing what movies he was in. He had a very charming voice about him.

He also doesn't seem like the sort of man to hang himself. Why? It wasn't like his career was ending, and he had many projects this year. I hope the police do some more investigating and come up with a better reason than suicide.

I found this game on newgrounds mocking his death. Its really fucked up, just way too soon.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/498183

that's awful, he was awesome

The_root_of_all_evil:
[

but would it count if they said "Who" is John Pertwee? :)

sad about David tho, heard some people are also saying it's a murder but we might not know

cleverlymadeup:

The_root_of_all_evil:
[

sad about David tho, heard some people are also saying it's a murder but we might not know

I see what you did there.
They might say "WTF?" if they heard this though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXOO9PnnMQ

ElephantGuts:
Suicide huh? How do you confuse natural causes for hanging? Here's a tip: If he's hanging by his neck from the ceiling, chances are it was hanging.

I was thinking the same thing.

Even if the rope broke and he was lying on the ground, I don't see how anyone could assume that a broken neck is a natural death.

The_root_of_all_evil:

cleverlymadeup:

I see what you did there.
They might say "WTF?" if they heard this though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXOO9PnnMQ

yes one might say it was rather cleverly done

dude, this sucks. He was the reason i watched Kill Bill.........

just the other day i was watching his phone book commercial and thinking...

"that guy is going to die soon, i can feel it"

to bad.

Initial reports actually said he died with the rope around his neck and genitals. Later reports said had the rope around his neck and body.

He was in Bangkok.

I hate to say it guys, but it seems to me he probably picked up a hooker and died during autoerotic asphyxiation...

R.I.P. Dave Carradine...

Damn shame, I'm sure he had he reasons though. Who knew we was 72?! I wouldn't have put him much older than 60.

Really sad. I've never much followed his life or career, but what I've seen him in he was a great actor, and he also seemed like a really decent person. His voice had an amazingly calming effect. Still, when you feel like you have to go, you have to go. At least he's left a decent legacy behind him.

Good night, sweet prince...

Last movie I saw him in was Crank 2 as Poon Dong. Laughed my ass off at every second of it. And Kill Bill? Easily one of my favorite movie characters, he can be sitting there talking and manage to be so damn cool, and his voice was one of those ones you can't not listen to. Everything he was in he was spot on. We've truly lost a great one.

TsunamiWombat:
Initial reports actually said he died with the rope around his neck and genitals. Later reports said had the rope around his neck and body.

He was in Bangkok.

I hate to say it guys, but it seems to me he probably picked up a hooker and died during autoerotic asphyxiation...

At least he probably died having the time of his life. 72 isn't a bad age to reach, and if you're gonna go, you may as well go out doing something you enjoy. Of course, there's always the possibility someone made it look that way, but I guess that's for the police to decide.

Also, am I the only one that would rather think that a loved one died from some weird kink than that they were in so much anguish and pain that they decided to kill themselves? What, is committing suicide somehow better than dying accidentally doing something polite society frowns down on?

Some people are going around saying that this wasn't suicide. They've said that Carradine's career wasn't exactly in the toilet, and he didn't seem depressed at all, so I think they've made a pretty big case.

I really hope it wasn't suicide. Somehow it would make me feel better about this if it wasn't. I know that's weird.

My parents were watching My Super Ex-Girlfriend when they told me. Tragic :(

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20090605/AS.Carradine.Death/

Police now believe he died of Autoerotic Asphyxiation.

are.you.the.god.its.me.vader:
Woah, thats so tragic. I like him.

OMG Zangoose! Ahem...sorry, i got carried away cause when i was younger i had one on ruby that was level 100
It knew slash, crush claw, swords dance and flamethrower lol

OT: Not the kill bill guy! :( He had a cool voice.

How many dead ninja's were also found in the room, because it would take some mighty powerful warriors to take this guy out.

I almost cried when I learned this yesterday. I had a character that I wanted desperately for him to play. He was one of the most under appreciated actors I can think of.
R.I.P.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or