EA Heavily Cuts Jobs at Mythic, Tiburon, Black Box and Redwood

Pages PREV 1 2

Wiki says: EA reported a $1.08 billion loss for the financial year ending March 2009. Revenue for the same period was up to $4.2 billion, a 15 percent rise from the previous year's $3.6 billion.

Pfft, chances are, the layoffs are just so that EA execs get a big christmas bonus for themselves. =U

Who needs one yatch when you can have to, eh wot?

Well hopefully some of their employees will find a job in another games developer or even start their own.

Nobody has mentioned the fact they bought Playfish for around $300m, what do people think of that?

im happy they cutted on Mythic, because those guys has made a game that i consider the most dissapointing thing ever: Warhammer Online.

well, at least they can put the experience on their C.V

tk1989:

Jandau:
I'm guessing they are cutting from departments and studios that are either overstaffed or underperforming (I'm looking at you, Mythic).

I wouldn't say Mythic were 'under-performing'. Warhammer Online from what I can tell was a good game, its just people are too god damn loyal to WoW for it able to have any success....

Bollocks. I waited 3 years for that game, and when I finally got my hands on it I couldn't play it. I had to find out from a friend that some of the discs sold had a fault and need to be rectified with a patch. Ok - after that I still couldn't play because I would crash-to-desktop every 5 fucking minutes. And before you mention money, time, or expertise in upgrading - some of us don't have copious amounts of those to be wasted everytime a game comes out.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here