Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

What about the tax codes? How do you file?

/facepalm

So much is wring with this...

Nothing I say here will be as funny as the article in question.

AvsJoe:

Catkid906:

Furburt:

Catkid906:

Calumon: Humans are boring and weird. Why can't we all love me?

Because you're not real dammit! YOU'RE NOT REAL! AAAAAARGH!!

Don't deny the power of Calumon. Let this be a lesson to all as Furberts brain caved in on itself, all because of Calumon.

Calumon: image

Bawwwwww! Look at it, it's so cuuuute!
That is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I want one!

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.

You'll be asleep for a loooong time, my friend. A loooong time.

I hope so.
My dreams arnt as crazy as people like this.
And i once dreamed i was playing football in a Gundam.
I won the game by putting the ball in my shoulder cannon and firing it through the Freedom Gundam into the Arms of the G Gundam for a touchdown.
I kid you not. :3

That's a pretty neat dream. Most of my dreams would make adequate scripts for movies (except last night's dream which would just be an unfunny rip-off of Zombieland).

Haha.
Most of my dreams are ether Deja Vu, it happens all the time ,just yesterday i did something i dreamed i would and it was like......wow Freaky, or Based on what Manga i read that day.
Iv dreamed in Manga Panels before.

I daydream Presque Vu's myself. DeJa Vu's piss me off but Presque Vu's always intrigue me. Presque Vu is more or less the opposite of DeJa Vu BTW.
As for dreaming in Manga Panels, that would be AWESOME! I wish I could do that! The closest that ever happens to me is when the entirety of my dream is in Tetris or Minesweeper form.

Interesting.
As for Minesweeper dreams......hell no.
It would be the most frustrating dream ever.
Tetris i can handle.

Sevre90210:
I think this is going to turn into a Ghost in a Shell type thing.

Glad I'm not the only one who put this together.

This pretty much confirms that Humanity is doomed when the SexBot is (and it is inevitable that it will be)released. Hell if we take pillows over real partners then how will we turn down things that act real and can't say no?

Gigaguy64:

He'll never wake up again. As for the guy who married the pillow, WHY????

Furburt:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I just don't get it, why are they the crazy ones?

You're not racist,your bang on target.

Seriously, why can Britain or America have a true crazy-ass like these people have? All we have are hillbillies and chavs, but no psychopathic gamers.

OptimusHagrid:

John Funk:

Right when I was eating as well :(

Me too....*BLARRRGH* Anyways, *ahem* my God that's disturbing. I didn't think anything from Deuce Bigalow would ever be in reality but looky what we got here! Body pillows don't beat the love of a real woman that's for sure and thank God I'm married.

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

I hope so.
I won the game by putting the ball in my shoulder cannon and firing it through the Freedom Gundam into the Arms of the G Gundam for a touchdown.

That's a pretty neat dream. Most of my dreams would make adequate scripts for movies (except last night's dream which would just be an unfunny rip-off of Zombieland).

Haha.
Most of my dreams are ether Deja Vu, it happens all the time ,just yesterday i did something i dreamed i would and it was like......wow Freaky, or Based on what Manga i read that day.

I daydream Presque Vu's myself. DeJa Vu's piss me off but Presque Vu's always intrigue me. Presque Vu is more or less the opposite of DeJa Vu BTW.
As for dreaming in Manga Panels, that would be AWESOME! I wish I could do that! The closest that ever happens to me is when the entirety of my dream is in Tetris or Minesweeper form.

Interesting.
Tetris i can handle.

Trust me, it's not interesting. It's boring as hell! But if you want a dream that's completely in Tetris form, play Tetris for about 3 or 4 hours before falling asleep. It's absolutely hilarious the first time around!

Am I the only one who's first thought was that sure, the pillow is weird. But someone actually had to say "Yes, you can take her on this roller coaster."

Someone said "Yes, I will bring an extra order of soup for your pillow."

John Funk:
Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

A Korean anime fan has proudly tied the knot with a pillowcase featuring the image of his favorite magical girl heroine.

Heavy Rain asked the player, "how far would you go for love?" Would you go so far as to travel to another country? Would you kill a man? Or would you just decide that your soulmate was a fictional character and marry her image printed on a cotton pillowcase?

A Korean otaku opted to go with the last option, wedding a dakimakura body pillow featuring the image of Fate Testarossa, one of the popular heroines of magical girl show Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. Not only has this particularly dedicated fan married his favorite pillowcase, he also takes her out on dates to restaurants and to amusement parts, as chronicled on media sites.

This isn't the first time we've seen die-hard otaku marry fictional characters: A Japanese man named Sal9000 married his virtual girlfriend in dating sim Love Plus back in November. While our natural inclination to these scenarios is to sit back, point and laugh (and boy, do we sit back, point and laugh), it raises some interesting philosophical questions about marrying inanimate objects.

Oh sure, it's not a problem now as long as you're marrying pillowcases and plastic Nintendo DS screens, but what happens when we invent realistic sexbots (other than the extinction of humanity, that is)? What happens when AI becomes sentient? Will convincing a computer to fall in love with us save us when the machines take over?

One has to wonder how long the happy groom will remain happy for - after all, judging by the popular opinion expressed in fanart and fanfiction, his new bride is a total lesbian. On the other hand, it's not like he has to worry about a pillowcase cheating on him, unless you count what happens when he puts her in the washing machine with his other body pillows.

(Sankaku Complex)

Ok, lets get this out of the way

East Asia really REALLY needs to learn some self control. Then again, at least they're more progressive than some other regions

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

AvsJoe:

Gigaguy64:

I hope so.

Haha.

Interesting.
Tetris i can handle.

Trust me, it's not interesting. It's boring as hell! But if you want a dream that's completely in Tetris form, play Tetris for about 3 or 4 hours before falling asleep. It's absolutely hilarious the first time around!

I think its time for some Tetris DS.
Fusion(Metroid Style) Tetris here i come!

There's fanboyism, and there's retardation, and this man is obviously of the latter category (meaning no disrespect to the mentally impaired).

Too bad he can't have kids with her. If she was a love pillow, then maybe.

really? that's just...weird.
why does the majority of odd things come from Japan?

O_O Wow. Although, you'd think he'd marry a more attractive bedsheet-girl-thingie. I wonder what her thread-count is.

Aby_Z:
... And Gay marriage is still illegal? Please, someone tell me they have gay marriage over there or I may feel the urge to shoot someone.

I don't think so. Legal in Canada. Not sure about UK...

I was going to say "Oh... Japan..." but.... this guy beats the guy who married a video game character...

"Oh... Korea?...." That's a first...

Between neglegent manslaughter due to video games and this, I guess I'd rather have to put up with this. Seriously, what the hell is up with South Korea these days. I suppose they aren't as nuts as their brethren to the north.

TheNumber1Zero:
On the brightside, he won't have to worry about old flames.
On the downside, he's going to accidentally rip her open one day and her Entrails (Stuffing) will spill out.

Would that count as murder, or just stupidity?

What's really important, is would there be a funeral, and would he acutally be considered a widower?

Gigaguy64:

ill wake you up by 2012

Did he marry the Nanoha A's Fate or the StrikerS Fate?

Hows the sex?

BrotherhoodOfSteel:

Aby_Z:
... And Gay marriage is still illegal? Please, someone tell me they have gay marriage over there or I may feel the urge to shoot someone.

I don't think so. Legal in Canada. Not sure about UK...

I was going to say "Oh... Japan..." but.... this guy beats the guy who married a video game character...

"Oh... Korea?...." That's a first...

Perfectly legal just not in a church

Oh no, don't be silly, when Sexbots gain AI (And I guess, sentience) that's when they'll thirst for our blood in vengeance for all the rape they've had to endure at the hands of sweaty, socially inadequate millionaires...

No amount of teaching them to 'love' will save us from that kind of hatred...

While pretty much anyone with a pulse will agree to a certain degree that this is disturbing. It does raise a valid point about the inevitable "sex-bot" future. Assuming we don't kill ourselves off in the centuries to come humanity will be faced with the question of whether a relationship between a free thinking machine and a human is even valid.

Shame none of us will be around to see it. Oh the possibilities with detachable toys...

Makes me think...

"Hellooooo, my name is-a Hennifer... Lopez!"

The day this stuff becomes normal is the day I commit suicide.

I would really like to hear what his parents think.

Gigaguy64:
Thanks man.
(grabs a Samus pillow and locks his door)

er... what are you planning with that samus pillow??

never mind. what you do behind closed doors, I sure as hell don't want to know about it.

My thoughts were less "this is messed up" and more "how did a guy marry an inanimate object? We don't even have gay marriage!"

Edit: How the hell did I miss the Nanoha part? I'm the resident fanboy, dammit!

seditary:
Did he marry the Nanoha A's Fate or the StrikerS Fate?

Probably StrikerS, though you bring up some age issues with the marriage of inanimate objects. Also, as Funk mentioned, other consent issues exist as she quite possibly, well, leans the other way.
Yes, I know I'm overthinking this, that's the joke.

This wrong on soooooo many levels.
On a side note I don't think his new wife will be too useful around the house except at bedtime. I hope we get an article about a big fight between the two.

If he removes the "Do not remove under penalty of law" tag would that be considered a legal divorce or wife abuse?

I... but... you...

Argument against both intelligent design and the theory of evolution.

Still nowhere near as sad as this guy

She must have been putting the pressure on him to tie the knot. You know before she gets to stained, or her stitching comes loose. Or she fades and sags.

PrimoThePro:

Gigaguy64:
Thanks man.
(grabs a Samus pillow and locks his door)

er... what are you planning with that samus pillow??

never mind. what you do behind closed doors, I sure as hell don't want to know about it.

Ohhh so just because i have a Samus pillow im going to sleep with it....wait...what?
Lol.
Nothing Sexual, i love Samus but i wouldn't go as far as this guy.
If i ever actually got a Samus pillow id just frame it or sell it on ebay.
It would probably go for a fortune.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or