Activision CEO Calls It Quits

Pages PREV 1 2

Ahhhh I see what you did there.

damn I was praying it was Kotick...

Oh yeah and collecting a quarter mil yearly even though he resigned? That's bullshit right there.

...I'll be picking up the shards of my broken heart Mr. Funk.

dekkarax:
You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly good sir.

this is hard.

Oh well, just one more brick gone, the fascist wall that is Activision is about to fall!

dekkarax:
You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly good sir.

Futurama reference?

The Rockerfly:
I honestly hope Activision crumbles away and all mediocre regular titles die

I found many of their games good. I am upset that the good CEO had to go and am not happy that the scuzball we all had low expectations of has even more power. But activision made both prototype and spiderman 2. Spiderman 2 is still in my opinion one of the greatest games ever made and the sheer variety and fun factor of prototype is awesome.

Activision, replace your other CEO and then I will devote even more money to you.

John Funk:

I don't think we've seen the last shakeup at Activision. Things could go either way from here ... but let's be honest, we'd like them to head downhill.

FYP

TerribleAssassin:

AzrealMaximillion:
Activision is falling apart faster than Sega in the late 90s.

Ohh snap!

Does this mean we won't be seeing Prototype 2? I'll cry.

I wasn't aware of a possible sequel to that game.

OT: Ok, so Kotick is the eeee-vil man at Activision but he's not the CEO they're talking about??? DAMN!

Ok, Jack Thompson, Michale Atkinson, and now Bob Kotick. People in videogame related news that I hate.

The timing sounds really suspicious, as long it doesn't hits any other studio. The boat shall sink the crew should survive, or at least Respawn.

Random question, $250,000 a year?

Goddamn you Funk!!! You got my hopes all up and happy like...

Quite frankly Activison deserves this, and really out of any companies I really want them to go... Or at least Kotick.

Damn title got my hopes up. :/

What the fuck is going on over there?

What's next?

On-topic, I'm not sure how to feel about this. The guy was a bit of an invisible person next to Kotick and the Ego of Kotick. And the Asshattery of Kotick. Still, it's always a shame to see someone leave. And it raises serious questions that he'd leave rather than stick it out for the last two months.

This company is going to hell. i'm sure shareholders are shaken up...

told you guys that the CEO's Fucked up big time, this time!

i just hope Black Isle comes back from the ashes one day...

brandon237:

The Rockerfly:
I honestly hope Activision crumbles away and all mediocre regular titles die

I found many of their games good. I am upset that the good CEO had to go and am not happy that the scuzball we all had low expectations of has even more power. But activision made both prototype and spiderman 2. Spiderman 2 is still in my opinion one of the greatest games ever made and the sheer variety and fun factor of prototype is awesome.

Activision, replace your other CEO and then I will devote even more money to you.

Spiderman 2 and Guitar hero 3 are the only games I have ever liked form them. Every single Call of Duty game and the massive disappointment that was prototype and all the shitty film adaptations they have made

It's a worthy sacrifice for the monster destroying the video game industry to die

As long as kotick isn't allowed anywhere near Blizzard I don't really care anymore.

Jerk, we all thought it was Kotick!

You raised my hopes with that headline.... Then crushed them in quite the spectalurar manner. I do wonder what sort of consequences this will have over all though...

John Funk:
Activision CEO Calls It Quits

No, not that CEO

DAMMIT
*Breaks window*

Really cruel of you, Mr. Funk. You should be ashamed.

maybe this will cause the rest of the dominoes to fall like a house of cards... checkmate :p

Lol, this is turning into a Soap Opera of videogames industry. And the plot is getting worse every minute. Anybody wants to risk spoilers about how it will end?!

Dammit, that was the biggest cock-tease since the girl in Kick Ass almost got her boobies out.

There I was getting all excited and boom- no 'Kotick resigns'.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here