Portal 2 Delayed to 2011

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

But...but...Half Life 3...I want to cry now. DAMN YOU VALVE!

Grass grows, birds fly and valve delays games release dates. what will be next in the series of extremely un-shocking in any way revelations? will activision release another call of duty game after black ops? or will ea keep releasing sport games? prepare to be totally unsurprised! but seriously this is dissapointing as i was really looking forward to this, not that i am surprised XD

w@rew0lf:
No surprises there. They may make good games, but they sure take their time about it.

in the words of shigeru miyamoto: A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever

Okay, we'll probably play HL3/EP3 after the apocalypse.
I'm really fucking bummed about it now.

Assassin Xaero:

oliveira8:

Assassin Xaero:
I honestly would rather see a game delayed then see it released full of bugs and glitches... Oh, and I'm still betting their "surprise" to replace this at E3 is still going to be L4D3... >_>

They just said the surprise is Portal related...In big bold letters too.

Portal themed L4D3 map?

Armed with a Portal Gun and a cricket bat, you have to solve physics puzzles while fighting off waves of zombies. Use a Weighted Storage Cube to deflect energy balls at Tanks! Position Turrets to defend entry points! Once you solve the puzzle, will the Survivors be Still Alive?

Valve:
"Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

Fucking lol. These guys know how to talk to the public XD

And also LOL at everyone (myself partially included) wasting time hypothesising about what on earth Valve is getting up to - let's leave them to it and stop fussing XD

i think that valve are trying to get known for more than half life now. they are now focusing on their new IPs which is good. i would prefer them to wrap up the episodes but they can do no wrong in my book :)

metroidgearsolid:

w@rew0lf:
No surprises there. They may make good games, but they sure take their time about it.

in the words of shigeru miyamoto: A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever

True but

On topic: I like cookies.

Newmaaaaaaa- er, I mean, Newaaaaaaaaall!!!

Awesome, I'm not surprised either. I also really like how they do their press releases. More companies should do this!

cue fanboy trying to find reason why it could still be episode 3.
HALF LIFE 2 EP 3 TAKES PLACE IN THE SAME CANON AS PORTAL! IT COULD STILL BE HL2E3

w@rew0lf:

metroidgearsolid:

w@rew0lf:

True but

On topic: I like cookies.

damn... that was a good counter-argument...

Meh. So Valve has delayed a game. Nothing new is happening at Valve then. Oh well. I was hoping to pick this up at christmas along with Fallout New Vegas and possibly Fable 3 but I can always wait for one of them.

me sad

The REAL surprise:

Portal has been secretly reporting back to its creators, how long each player took to complete the game. The 32 best players have been abducted and forcibly enrolled into Valve's real life Aperture Science super-soldier programme. All the governments of the world will tremble at the sound of their marching heel springs. And then there will be cake.

EDIT: Or it could be...

As part of a required test protocol, our previous statement suggesting that we would not be announcing Portal 2 at E3 was an outright fabrication. Good job. As part of a required test protocol, we will stop enhancing the truth in three, two, <<RECORD SCRATCH>>

metroidgearsolid:

damn... that was a good counter-argument...

In all my years of fantasies of grandeur, flashing catholic schoolgirls and making people laugh. That counter has never failed me before.

I just wish people would believe that, that is NOT me. I plead the 5th.

How much to get it done early? I will take out a loan. I will fund raise.

Whats does it take!?!?!?

Holy shit, I'm suprised, Valve delayed a game! /sarcasm

I totally called this. I'm still sad however.

To be honest I don't really care about how long portal takes. I just want Episode 3 or equivalent.

darkstone:
My pre-order!!

That's what I get for thinking they've changed after keeping their l4d2 release date.

Todays laugh, thank you.

It would be superawesome if they released a teaser with several threes ( Team Fortress 3, Half-Life 3, Left 4 Dead 3 etc... ) just for the hell of it.

Well half of me is content and half of me is angry as hell.
Since half of me knew something like this would happen and the other half hoped, just hoped that this time might be different.

I shouted fuck so loud that I think my parents heard... bollocks.

Anyway, I think I, on behalf of the Valve community can give a huge WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT?

You have people on the edge of going insane over HLEp3, and announce it's not Portal 2 we're seeing at E3 - there's a surprise, then tell us days later the surprise ISN'T Ep3, then delay Portal 2 by another year.

I wouldn't be angry if you'd have told us a sensible release date before getting my fucking hopes up.

Portal 0 - Chell Shocked.
I'm telling ya ;)

damn, more waiting to have physic fun

Calling it now, the surprise will be a Weighted Companion Hat for TF2.

Funny press release.

Valve is a hard relationship to be in, they seem to be gone most of the year, and write you constantly to tell you they're still faithful, and even if you doubt them its always worth it when they come back to you, bringing something amazing as well.

I can wait, being a casual Valve fan. As long as it turns out to be amazing.

Darn well thats a shame

sunburst313:

Assassin Xaero:

oliveira8:

Assassin Xaero:
I honestly would rather see a game delayed then see it released full of bugs and glitches... Oh, and I'm still betting their "surprise" to replace this at E3 is still going to be L4D3... >_>

They just said the surprise is Portal related...In big bold letters too.

Portal themed L4D3 map?

Armed with a Portal Gun and a cricket bat, you have to solve physics puzzles while fighting off waves of zombies. Use a Weighted Storage Cube to deflect energy balls at Tanks! Position Turrets to defend entry points! Once you solve the puzzle, will the Survivors be Still Alive?

Yeah, I'd definitely buy that...

Darn well thats a shame

My first though on seeing the thread title: "Wait, that's news?"

What would be news would be "Valve uses real world time for Portal 2!"

I was right, but then again I can't say I'm not disappointed. Believe me, I was probably just one of half a billion gamers that wanted something related to Half Life to finally grace its presence on the face of our planet for the first time in nearly four year.

Speculation creates hype, and hype is evil.

So... to sum up:

1) There's going to be a Portal 2 event at E3!
2) Nah, never mind. Show up anyway, we have a surprise for you!
3) No, it's not Half-Life Episode 3.
4) Oh, and we're pushing Portal 2 back.
5) Damnit, stop guessing and having fun! The surprise is Portal 2 related! Which... is the game we said the event wasn't for... and that we also just announced is being pushed back. Because we love you. That's why we hurt you.

...Valve may make good games, but they can also be serious dicks.

Valve time strikes again.

If they're aware that a game will be delayed, why the fuck did they go around spouting off that it would be at E3 in the first place?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here