Beavis and Butt-head Are Back

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I fucking loved Beavis and Butthead, and from the sounds of it a return might be good. At least, it sounds like it's being done right.

Hell, if it makes Mike Judge enough money to make another movie as great as Office Space or idiocracy, I'm all for it.

Fappy:
Well look on the bright side. Maybe we'll have an excuse to actually watch Mtv for the first time in over a decade.

You should know how much I agree with you.

Southpark always has my favourite quote on MTV:

"We are MTV, the network for cool kids. We decide what's cool and when it's cool" Ah MTV, keep corrupting the brains of people with all your glitter and sparkle.

Ewyx:
Ok, how about we get Daria instead... or maybe not, let's not ruin it.

I remember that! But yeah, probably a bad idea.

I only got to watch some episodes as a teen, & I loved them. As an adult, I got to watch almost all the episodes. Most are dumb, some are fun, and a handful are utterly hilarious! With that ratio of good/lame episodes, I can understand people not liking it if they only watched a few times. Personally, I wouldn't mind a few more episodes.

Heavy metal music not being very popular wouldn't be a problem for the show. A lot of the time they were getting mad & frustrated because there wasn't anything cool on TV. Ripping on lame videos was what they did most of the time anyway.

My favorites were:
When Beavis misunderstood a lot of stuff, wasn't feeling well, and thought he wasn't feeling well because he was pregnant.

Beavis & Butthead forget how to urinate.

Beavis gets a bloody nose, & Butthead tries to help by doing all the wrong things. (That was a very bloody episode.)

They try to have fun by doing "Ding Dong Ditch," but can't figure out how to do it right.

It could be ok as long as they use the music videos from headbangers ball for the metal and not any pop bs that they show the few time there are music videos playing. There are actually some really good videos and stuff that play on headbangers ball. Make it even better by throwing in 10 or 15 seconds of a kanye west video and have them give it the worst trashing B and B have ever done.

Oh hell yes. I used to love their show when I was a kid. I just hope they stick to critiquing Metal and don't include other genres like *shudder* rap.

BloodRed Pixel:

Gaderael:

Ewyx:

You'd rather watch Diarrhea than Beavis and Butthead? You make me sad.

Beavis and Butthead permanently warped my Brain when I was about 12 years old

and it seems you have not aged a bit, since then.

If you're referring to the Diarrhea bit, that was what Beavis and Butthead called her in the show. I watched a couple of episodes of Daria, and it seemed pretty good, I just never got in to watching it all the time.

And only sometimes do I act like I haven't changed a bit.

o dear god. How are they relevant now? This is gonna be a massive flop. 90s was the Rock Generation and heavy metal was relevant.

Now its the Rap/pop generation, Beavis & Butthead are completely out of place. Well im gonna call it a failure right here and now.

Yeah we older folk may like them, but i bet the younger ones will just find them pointless :P as i had started to after their movie.

I have only one request: Keep Daria out of this.
I couldn't care less about Beavis & Butthead, but I just hope they keep Daria out. Besides it'd be pretty freaking weird if all of a sudden Daria goes back in time to living... wherever the hell these 2 idiots live.

Sounds good. I liked the old series but it is MTV

Either it will make MTV watchable again or it will just end up being some more shit made on that channel

I was a fan, and I guess I still am. I think this could go either way. Mike Judge has done some decent stuff, and he's also done complete garbage.

I'm REALLY curious to see if they bring back the Unskippable-style music video commentaries. With current music videos, I think that could be hilarious.

Could we get something that DIDN'T suck to begin with?

DUN DUNNA DU NA NA NA, DANA NA NA NA NA NA NAH NAH NAH!!!

I'm glad to hear this. Now if MTV brang back Headbanger's Ball and Yo MTV Rap's, along with Celebrity Deathmatch and TRL, MTV will be offically 100% cooler again. But this is definately getting the ball rolling.

Gamegodtre:
please please destroy Bieber

I'm for that too.

Vigilantis:
Good news but I'd much rather have King Of The Hill back...=(

Chances were low that they'd do that, ever since Brittany Murphy died, who voiced Luanne on the show. Sure, they could probably can just say her, Lucky, and their daughter moved to another state and not have them make any appearances except in photos, but I think a lot of the fans would agree it wouldn't be the same.

yanipheonu:
They canceled King of the Hill for THIS?!

No, Fox cancled King of the Hill for the Cleveland Show, and Mike Judge went onto ABC to make this garbage, the Goode Family.

Yep, that cartoon show sucked.

From how it sounds MTV might actually show a few music videos. That is a surprise.

Who cares about King of the Hill? It was a good show, but honestly my favorite character was Cotton, and they threw out all the development he made in the course of the series when they killed him off. Afterwords it just kind of fell off for me.

Personally I would just be happy if they released the original series on DVD/Blu-Ray. They have some collection sets, but I would like to see the whole thing.

I am not a huge fan of the restarting of the series, personally I am not sure if it would resonated with the current youth generation who has been brought up on large amounts of reality TV.

Saarai-fan:

I'm glad to hear this. Now if MTV brang back Headbanger's Ball and Yo MTV Rap's, along with Celebrity Deathmatch and TRL, MTV will be offically 100% cooler again. But this is definately getting the ball rolling.

Gamegodtre:
please please destroy Bieber

I'm for that too.

Vigilantis:
Good news but I'd much rather have King Of The Hill back...=(

Chances were low that they'd do that, ever since Brittany Murphy died, who voiced Luanne on the show. Sure, they could probably can just say her, Lucky, and their daughter moved to another state and not have them make any appearances except in photos, but I think a lot of the fans would agree it wouldn't be the same.

yanipheonu:
They canceled King of the Hill for THIS?!

No, Fox cancled King of the Hill for the Cleveland Show, and Mike Judge went onto ABC to make this garbage, the Goode Family.

wasn't it Comedy Central for the Goode Family and on another note i kinda liked the Goode Family.....

SHIT YEAH! WOOHOOOO!

Fappy:
Well look on the bright side. Maybe we'll have an excuse to actually watch Mtv for the first time in over a decade.

Last I watched MTV (the original) was the Jackass 24 hour takeover. Other than MTV 2 every so often, that's it. (why did MTV 2 stop showing it's hour of 90's shows such as The State, Aeon Flux, etc.?)

Saarai-fan:

TRL was horrible (showing 30 seconds of a music video w/ a bunch of airheads screaming "WOOOO!" over it does NOT make for good TV), and they did bring back Celebrity Deathmatch...for MTV 2. And save for maybe three deathmatches in the reboot, it wasn't entertaining at all.

If there was any way to make me believe in the existence of a god, this would be it.

Goode Family was great! That show took tree-hugging liberalism & cranked it up to 11. It was so absurd, but that's what made it so funny. :-D I wouldn't expect any liberals, (or anyone,) to enjoy any of their ideals being made fun of though.

make you wonder how they'll translate to the current generation

The only thing that worries me is the thought of them being into modern music... I mean... what metal is popular today?

Does the world really need more Beavis and Butthead?

"This is the coolest thing I have ever seen."

Finally after all the crap MTV has given us, they finally bring back Beavis and Butt-head. If you are going to fill a "music" network with cartoon shows, you might as well bring the best one back, which btw has actual music videos during the show. Looking forward to the new episodes.

Um, uh. That's a really bad idea, Beavis and Butthead was really a show exclusive to its time. I don't think it'll do well now.

Not that it won't get a well deserved chance. Though in terms of Judge shows, I preferred King of the Hill, personally.

Gaderael:

BloodRed Pixel:

Gaderael:

Ewyx:

If you're referring to the Diarrhea bit, that was what Beavis and Butthead called her in the show. I watched a couple of episodes of Daria, and it seemed pretty good, I just never got in to watching it all the time.

I see how a 12 year old cannot relate to Diarrhea.
I really like B&B. itīs perfect brawny fun for my braindead hours.

Daria is the ANTI B&B. Intelligent, sarcastic, out off the box.
for me itīs among the top 3 best animation series ever made.

BloodRed Pixel:

Gaderael:

BloodRed Pixel:

Gaderael:

Ewyx:

I see how a 12 year old cannot relate to Diarrhea.
I really like B&B. itīs perfect brawny fun for my braindead hours.

Daria is the ANTI B&B. Intelligent, sarcastic, out off the box.
for me itīs among the top 3 best animation series ever made.

I shall have to give Daria another chance then.

Gamegodtre:

Saarai-fan:

wasn't it Comedy Central for the Goode Family and on another note i kinda liked the Goode Family.....

It was first brought onto ABC, but was canceled after only a few episodes. Comedy Central then gave it a run as well, but it didn't fare as well either.

soren7550:

TRL was horrible (showing 30 seconds of a music video w/ a bunch of airheads screaming "WOOOO!" over it does NOT make for good TV), and they did bring back Celebrity Deathmatch...for MTV 2. And save for maybe three deathmatches in the reboot, it wasn't entertaining at all.

Still, they did show good music videos every now and then. And at least it was a show about music, and not another reality show.

As for Deathmatch, I hated it when it was brought to MTV 2. They should of kept it on MTV. But I will admit the new episodes weren't as great as the old ones.

They were funny in the beginning...but I think I was smoking weed at the time.

I will reserve judgment...

obisean:
The worst parts of the show were when they did the music videos, and they are bringing that back? Even MTV doesn't show music videos anymore, why would Beavis and Butthead?

I guess it is "iconic" to do the music videos, but I never met anyone who said that they liked em.

Are you kidding me? Those were the best parts of the show.

EboMan7x:
The only thing that worries me is the thought of them being into modern music... I mean... what metal is popular today?

Well they didn't always do metal. Oftentimes they just did whatever music videos Judge thought were funny. Remember "Bombastic?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here