Test Your Mental Might With The Escapist's First-Ever Puzzle Adventure!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 55 NEXT

Oh....
Dear....
Lord...

I get it now.
BRB!

Day 2 #3 and #4 are killing me. I have the one for #4 decrypted, but I can't find any meaning other than coordinates.

Aethren:
Day 2, #4 is just brutal. I was able to convert those images to decimal by substituting those dots and dashes for binary, but now I'm kinda stuck. Did learn binary though, so not a total loss. Can't figure out 2 or 3 either. :(

irequirefood:
Day 2 #3 and #4 are killing me. I have the one for #4 decrypted, but I can't find any meaning other than coordinates.

ajluczak:

irequirefood:

Edit: Now just gotta get #3.

2-3 and 2-4 are brutal (The wording on 2-3 is iffy, at best)

I'm just to tired to think for 2-4.

Here's a few more hints for people struggling with 2-3.

Hint 1:

Hint 2:

Hint 3:

newuseforvintage:

Glamorgan:

I've tried everything I can think of :-(

I just don't get it!
*smashes forehead against keys*

You're close. Just try rotating it in the other direction.

Ok. I KNOW I have to change #4 to binary but how?
A computer whiz I am not. :(
Grr 3 is driving me insane!
EDIT: Figured out number three. Gah! Now the clue makes sense!!
Aheyhey!!

this is the text I got from the binary conversion for #4
Is that correct? Because If so I'm not sure what to do with it.

Expwnent:

Expwnent:

and then it came to me

I tried converting 2-4 to binary, and got this:

Somebody mentioned something about an "American Standard"... wtf is that? I'm using this website here to translate the binary code... is it OK?

http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp

Whenever I try to translate the binary, I get the symbols ;&# followed by a three-digit number (ranging from 168 to 190). The pattern repeats itself 28 times when translating the entire code.

Are they supposed to be coordinates? if so, then I have no fucking idea how to use them.

I_am_a_Spoon:

Somebody mentioned something about an "American Standard"... wtf is that? I'm using this website here to translate the binary code... is it OK?

http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp

Whenever I try to translate the binary, I get the symbols ;&# followed by a three-digit number (ranging from 168 to 190). The pattern repeats itself 28 times when translating the entire code.

Are they supposed to be coordinates? if so, then I have no fucking idea how to use them.

I believe you've got your digits swapped

So, I've gotten a request or two for more hints about 2-3.

THIS IS A MAJOR HINT FOR 2-3. IT'S SLIGHTLY MORE DIRECT THAN USUAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Ok- Struggling a bit on 4 and number 3 is being elusive.. but i need to persevere.

Huge Hint/Explanation for 2-1;

For 2-2

Working on the other two now.. Good luck all.

ajluczak:

THIS IS A MAJOR HINT FOR 2-3. IT'S SLIGHTLY MORE DIRECT THAN USUAL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

THANKYOU! I finally got it. Now for question four...

ajluczak:

I_am_a_Spoon:

Totally just guessed 2-4. No work or anything, just fluked it.

EDIT: Day two all done, I feel like I have accomplished something. Time for bed.

I_am_a_Spoon:

ajluczak:

I_am_a_Spoon:

Mod note - No posting answers

ajluczak:

I_am_a_Spoon:

ajluczak:

That's what I did. One block at a time.

Got 1, 2 and 4 of day 2. Number 3 is kicking my ass! Aaargh!!

ajluczak:

DX
FUUUUUUUUUU-

Thanks a lot, I would have never guessed it without you. That was a really dirty one =P

ajluczak:

Oh...wow, that was very very lame. Thank you for all the hints you've given us...I finally have gotten it now and answered it. Now it all makes sense, plus Day 2 is finally over for me... *upset* but the hint was misleading, truly not cool Haha. Thank you again, and it's ironic after searching all this time for Zombie Games, it turned out to be that...

I_am_a_Spoon:

Sorry for murdering your post but i needed to cut it down. I just got the exact same answer and i did it by decoding one block at a time and then the entire thing.. both came up with

what am I doing wrong?

XxRyanxX:

ajluczak:

Oh...wow, that was very very lame. Thank you for all the hints you've given us...I finally have gotten it now and answered it. Now it all makes sense, plus Day 2 is finally over for me... *upset* but the hint was misleading, truly not cool Haha. Thank you again, and it's ironic after searching all this time for Zombie Games, it turned out to be that...

You wouldn't believe how long I thought the word "Mexico" was in the title.

Detheroth:

I_am_a_Spoon:

Sorry for murdering your post but i needed to cut it down. I just got the exact same answer and i did it by decoding one block at a time and then the entire thing.. both came up with

what am I doing wrong?

Im too stupid for this.

ajluczak:

Mod Note - Stop.Posting.Answers

I_am_a_Spoon:

ajluczak:

Bingo.

I_am_a_Spoon:

ajluczak:

Bingo.

ajluczak:
Bingo.

I've never seen coordinates like those before.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . . . 55 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here