China Uses Top Gun Footage to Fake Military Strength

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Oh dear, heads are gonna roll for this... And I mean literally.

Smartly, it doesn't leave in the next scene where Tom Cruise celebrates.

Awww...That would have been the best part!

Rofl.

It just occurred to me that the Chinese state-run channel is CCTV, as in close circuit television, as in the cameras used to keep everything in line in shops.

Unfortunate acronym win.

InnerRebellion:
China is so behind, Top Gun is a brand new movie to their people!

That was uncalled for. China is great at copypasta.

delicious copypasta :P

I'm not sure how I could possibly lose any more respect for China as a country. Do they do anything besides rip other people off?

Maybe those planes were made to blow up in that fashion?

I'm sorry did you except china to blow up one of its own jets for the television?

Oh damn! Looks like China just flew into the DANGER ZONE! :D

I totally RoflMaoZedong'ed

Haha, China is an economic super power, it's freakin' hilarious they have done this. But, you have to appreciate their eye for flare. After everyone watched that scene on the news, they went and had a drink at a bar where they tried to woo the girl with bad karaoke!

HankMan:
So our jobs aren't enough, You have to steal our movies as well?

"What happened to you China? You used to be cool."

What? When?

You know when you get behind the initial amazemend of learning stuff about a very different culture you beginn to see what China more or less has been doing is existing on the bend and broken backs of it's people, starting some 3000 or so years ago.

And if one than can get behind it's own white guilt about the past history between china and the west you will see that it hasn't become any better in recent times.

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain!

Anyway, why can't they copy English properly? Some of those Chinglish instruction manuals are superior entertainment on their own.

I'd be a little less surprised if it came from North Korea.

Is anyone seriously surprised that China ripped something off in order to try to make themselves look cool, then take it down and pretend that they never did anything when someone with half-a-brain noticed?
They've been doing that for YEARS!
And I bet nothing is going to happen to punish the tv channel as well.

emeraldrafael:

Akalabeth:
Is anyone surprised? Blowing up planes costs money.

I am, they could be put to death for questioning the Chinese Gov. That guy who stood up in to the tanks in Teniman Square, he could be dead, and it could all be a fake. Its not too far stretched a thought.

And reality could just be a complex simulation of electrical stimulation sent to your brain, but we're not in the Matrix here, nor are we dealing with a clever forgery, but rather someone who has inexpertly used copy/paste in Premiere or an AVIO machine or some similar equipment. Its not difficult nor is it particularly of high quality given how quickly it was picked up on.

Caiti Voltaire:

emeraldrafael:

Akalabeth:
Is anyone surprised? Blowing up planes costs money.

I am, they could be put to death for questioning the Chinese Gov. That guy who stood up in to the tanks in Teniman Square, he could be dead, and it could all be a fake. Its not too far stretched a thought.

And reality could just be a complex simulation of electrical stimulation sent to your brain, but we're not in the Matrix here, nor are we dealing with a clever forgery, but rather someone who has inexpertly used copy/paste in Premiere or an AVIO machine or some similar equipment. Its not difficult nor is it particularly of high quality given how quickly it was picked up on.

Well... supposedly, the guy who stood up to the tanks is living a healthy lifestyle after being pardoned, but went into refuge. So thats what I mean when I said it could be fake, that he's still alive.

dosent seem so ridiculous to me, after all HOW MANY AIR BATTLES HAVE CHINA BEEN FIGHTING RECENTLY? the us media dosent have to use stock hollywood footage because they ACTUALLY USE their jets. just sayin.

lmao

The thing is though, china, unlike americans, doesn't flaunt its strength as much. Plagiarism, especially from Top Gun, was kind of a boneheaded move though.

HankMan:

I died a death of laughter at that.

I just relized somthing. How did any one figure out which movie the footage came from. The clip was all of two seconds long, is there some one that such a top gun fan that they saw the clip and was like holly S**** thats the explosion from top gun.

Trogdor1138:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's insane, I can't believe they'd try something like that. What the hell is wrong with them?

Oh well, way to spice it up guys.

Next thing you know their going to start taking Isaiah Mustafa's face out of the Old Spice commercial and inserting the current leaders face.

Look at your J-10 Fighter, now back to me, now back at your J-10 fighter, now back to ME!

I think china is onto something here. Rather than fight wars we have competitions as to who can cut together the best combat videos. They get posted on youtube, and whichever one gets rated highest wins that battle for it's home country. The chinese might have a higher population but I'd bet we have more people sitting at home spamming on facebook and youtube. Probably balances things out.

Tomo Stryker:

Trogdor1138:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's insane, I can't believe they'd try something like that. What the hell is wrong with them?

Oh well, way to spice it up guys.

Next thing you know their going to start taking Isaiah Mustafa's face out of the Old Spice commercial and inserting the current leaders face.

Look at your J-10 Fighter, now back to me, now back at your J-10 fighter, now back to ME!

If that happens I will officially be glued to Chinese broadcasts.

olikunmissile:

HankMan:

I died a death of laughter at that.

China still cool, we copypaste later!

They did it again.

Rofl... I'd expect this from Best Korea, but not their big brother... XD

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: