You Are Probably Using Google Chrome to Read This

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Nope, using IE at work and Firefox at home.

Bloodstain:
I lament the fact that so very few people use Opera.

Opera is absolutely great and has a really good community, why aren't more people using it?

because its full of cr4p people don't use.

Chrome master race reporting in.

I have Firefox but tbh Chrome is faster and has never crashed for me, where FF has crashed a few times and is so sluggish in comparison. I still use it sometimes, Chrome likes to open several processes so when I tinker it annoys. IE just...no. I hear good things about 9 and I'll give it a look but really at this point I'm happy with my Chrome, I have the bells and whistles I want (erm, extensions) and the base browser is really nice and neat and orderly (whoever said there's no search bar, the web address bar IS the search bar, multi-tasking).

I do feel bad for IE, it's not as bad as it used to be and if the...'hype' over 9 is true then it's actually pretty decent but it'll be stained with its past for some time it seems.

Firefox for the win!

refuse to use anything else

Nah, I'm using FireFox at the mo, don't know why but I feel safer using it though I do use Chrome if I'm looking something up quickly.

False. You're far more likely to be using something other than Chrome. 31.94% is not > 50%.

Firefox here.

Opera gets the job done for me. Although, I do have a Chrome window open solely for Facebook (and anything that has issues with Opera for some reason)

=y:
If by Google Chrome you mean Firefox, yes. I am using Google Chrome to read this.

I too am using "Google Chrome"

KoudelkaMorgan:
I'm on Safari, and I don't have a Mac.

Really? How does Safari run? 'Cause my experience with Itunes has led me to believe that Apple has programmed their software to be God awful on windows.

OT I use Firefox, add-ons and a fairly clean interface keep me quite happy. Though the reliablity does seem to be a bit suspect at times.

I use Firefox... *checks* 12, apparently.

I wish Mozilla and Google would stop thinking that browser version number equals dick length, though.

*remembers a time when version numbers actually meant something*

CAPTCHA: virtue of necessity

so, wait.. is this a fourth-wall break in a webpage?
how very meta of you

personally, i use Google, maxthon or plain old ie if nothing else works but honestly ive not seen a page fail to load in months so poor ie rarely gets a look in

i don't like how Google grows to fit the harddrive it's installed on however, i prune it with a good o'l
>cache>history>cookie>download>session>database wipe every few days or it ends up over a gig in size which is ludicrous for a simple browsing app

( and yes i care, im using a small ssd raid for my c drive )

Its good IE continues to fall as people start to learn about internet but im sad that Chrome took a bite off firefox share, especially when there were worse browsers to bite. Im using firefox, it has all the addons i want and im staying with them. over my 6 years of usage it has only really crashed once, and then a registry scan with ccleaner fixed it. Sure the flash plugin container may crash once a month, but thats really Flash problem not firefox, when it tries to load 5 advertisements in a video at once and stuff like that.
I did try chrme when it came out, noticed absolutely no "speed up" from firefox (except for starting time, but i got to do that once a day, so i can wait 5 seconds) so i just left it dormant. It did have one bonus over firefox is that it could read huge XML tables fast (try loading 65000 lines 200 colums XML table on the web, yay for statistics) and firefox woul take forever (really it woudl stop responding), but they fixed that with newer version.

dyre:
While I'm happy to see Chrome rightfully take its place as the best/most-used browser, I've heard only good things about IE9, so perhaps it's unfair to call it mediocre :P

Poor IE seems to have been permanently tarnished by IE6

IE9 is horrible. Very little support for HTML5 and is still as resource whorish as ever.

Still have to use IE to access Facebook cos I just get network errors on Chrome and Firefox.

Not especially a fan of Chrome, I just use it because I got sick of Firefox breaking on youtube.

Hm, interesting. I do use Chrome on my ancient, ancient computer back in my parents' house because it seems to require less resources to run, but on my main computer I still use Firefox. I just like its addons so much. I guess I could check to see whether Chrome has equivalents for all the addons I want to and do use with Firefox, though.

Bout friggin time people realized IE sucks.

I use Safari though.

bahumat42:

Bloodstain:

Opera is absolutely great and has a really good community, why aren't more people using it?

I use most of it. That being said, how is that any different from other browsers?
It also took a great deal of willpower to respond to a post that substitutes letters by numbers.

Ugh.

-looks down-
-see Firefox-

Nope.

Yes I am using Google Chrome. How did they know!?

I switched recently after years of firefox surfing. Firefox used to be the best browser, but slow-downs and unexplained 10-15 second long random freezes started occuring on sites like youtube or with many secured tabs open. It seems like adobe and mozilla's products inherently hate one another, and that's a shame.

And if that means I have to re-install every few months for whatever reason, I just don't have the patience for that if an alternative is available. Still getting used to Chrome, so we'll see if I keep it around.

Unfortunately you have to keep IE around as well because some crappy websites even today can't handle any other browser, let alone other browsers with security extensions in place.

firefox 12 here. although i have chrome, IE9 and opera i still prefer this. chrome is not user friendly for me. in firefox you can see your history and the tab you're using at the same time but in chrome is like: let me see my tools/history while this page loads. where the F**** it gone?

and IE9's tab system is ewwww. address bar takes half of the space and the HUD is as big as firefox!

opera... not many bad things. the only problem is it doesn't show the loading thing on the tab when a tab is loading.

Firefox for life.

Or at least until an option I actually like shows up.

Bloodstain:

The same reason that more people want to listen to pink Floyd and beiber than want to watch Othello or Carmen. :(

Kraj:

Bloodstain:

The same reason that more people want to listen to pink Floyd and beiber than want to watch Othello or Carmen. :(

What's wrong with Pink Floyd? I adore their music.
That being said, I have read Othello -- I have yet to see it performed. Still, I agree, the decreasing value of literature is very, very sad.

Used to be a firefox user, but it started lagging and taking ages to load so I switched to Chrome a few years ago, haven't looked back since.

Bloodstain:

bahumat42:

Bloodstain:

I use most of it. That being said, how is that any different from other browsers?
It also took a great deal of willpower to respond to a post that substitutes letters by numbers.

Ugh.

it beats spam filters

anyway its different because google has barely anything, its lightweight, which is what i and most people need.

Its all very well you liking something, thats totally cool, but to not see how its not good for other people just a bit ignorant to what other people need.

bahumat42:

Bloodstain:
snip

it beats spam filters

anyway its different because google has barely anything, its lightweight, which is what i and most people need.

Its all very well you liking something, thats totally cool, but to not see how its not good for other people just a bit ignorant to what other people need.

Fair enough. But hey, Opera is pretty lightweight and efficient (performance-wise) as well.
I'm okay with Chrome being at the top, I like Google. I just don't understand why Opera is at the very bottom, even being used less than IE.

I use Chrome for everything except my university student portal, because it's shit and doesn't work with Chrome for some reason. Firefox was crashing a bit too much for my tastes a couple of months ago, so I switched.

I think IE was the most used simply because most people didn't know about the alternatives. Sure there were many who knew of Chrome, Opera, Firefox and so on but a larger majority knew only IE.

Its the same chance we're using IE, wich i am btw.

sticking with Opera.despite its shortcomings

Opera all the way for me. Though Cascade and Tile buttons sometimes make me go :@ for their damn placement.

Using Firefox, a like all the little features.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here