Gaymer Sub-Reddit Faces Legal Threat

Pages PREV 1 2 3

homosexuals and drama.

why am i not suprised.

damn you, TV!

Hero in a half shell:
This is all I'm going to post. It's sooo appropriate.

What a great name.

i think someone might sue you.

Megacherv:
T-Tim...Tim Langdell...he's back...

no. but his legacy moves on in all of us.

The word 'Gaymer' as a brand has been used since the 70's, and the name has been associated with cider since 1680
source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaymer_Cider_Company

So i don't see how he could've trademarked the word seeing how it's quite an old brand. -_-

Captainanorach:
The word 'Gaymer' as a brand has been used since the 70's, and the name has been associated with cider since 1680

So i don't see how he could've trademarked the word seeing how it's quite an old brand. -_-

Except, of course, the trademark doesn't deal with Cider, where Gaymer Cider Company's rights are located. A word can be used as a service mark in multiple fields by multiple people for different purposes. This is why you see "Spike" and "Edge" in multiple markets.

Zachary Amaranth:

Captainanorach:

Except, of course, the trademark doesn't deal with Cider, where Gaymer Cider Company's rights are located. A word can be used as a service mark in multiple fields by multiple people for different purposes. This is why you see "Spike" and "Edge" in multiple markets.

admittedly my legal knowledge isn't the best but to the everyman eg. myself, It has the faintest whiff of bullshit to it (the whole trademark thing)

why cant we all just be gamers . irregardless of gender, age, race or sexual preference.

we should celebrate what we have in common. not trivial differences

Captainanorach:

admittedly my legal knowledge isn't the best but to the everyman eg. myself, It has the faintest whiff of bullshit to it (the whole trademark thing)

Trademark laws are about 50% bullshit to begin with. A lot of them are worthless and arbitrary.

Andy Chalk:
talk about how we love big Wii sessions

Still laughing at that.

SeaCalMaster:
When you drop into a discussion to say that making any comment that disagrees with something a gay person has said will be met with cries of "Homophobia," you are accusing all gay people of being unreasonable.

Most people who do that are apologists, not actually part of the ones they defend.

So no, he wasn't implying anything. Apologists exist everywhere.

NuclearShadow:

Devoneaux:
Can I just say this?

"Gaymer" Is an incredibly lame ass pun and I would be embarrassed to be known as one. I mean isn't the whole point of all this tolerance/no-stereotype crap and what not supposed to be that your sexual orientation isn't your sole defining feature? So then why do you have to go to such lengths to make sure everyone knows your a gay gamer? The fact that you're gay shouldn't really matter, right?

I would disagree. Tolerance is about groups being able to be open to what they are and not facing ill judgement. Furthermore while sexual orientation is not a "sole defining feature" it is a hot topic when it comes to civil rights at the moment therefor it would be best if they are very open and make their presence known. Just think of the African American civil rights movement, if they did what you are suggesting it would have been a complete failure.
Sexuality does matter, not in a right or wrong way but it is part of people and that is what makes it valuable and why it should be respected and welcomed to be openly expressed.

the difference between the LBGT and the African American community is atleast the African Americans where far more mature at getting their point across(except when it comes to criticizing Obama haha) but let me get this straight they want to be included and not descriminated against yet they segregate themselves by forming gay group's only for gays? How do you fit logic in that? If your gay your gay l, so freaken what, and who cares about others opinions towards it, live you life and don't give a shit about what others think about your lifestyle, the fact that they are deliberately going out of their way to pretty much say "hey everyone look at me I'm gay" my response is and? Who cares. whoever had this site Name first should be awarded the rights to iT period!

I actually wonder more at the people who are concerned over this becoming a derogatory term. Just running up to someone and yelling gaymer is no where near as acerbic as any other queer-centric insult.

(Yeah, I know, two week old thread, but I wanted to say that before it died out and I've been away from my computer for a few weeks.)

Captcha: It's Super Delicious

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or