Bastion Creator Reveals Transistor, Offers A Short Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3

CrystalShadow:
Snip

Eh either way you took it was a joke, you finding it funny means that the joke had at least some impact. I didn't really take your actual sign up date into consideration as it really didn't matter.

(I did 'lurk' for a while as well, not sure how long - only really visited to watch ZP, TWBB and Doomsday Arcade.)

Bigsmith:

CrystalShadow:
Snip

Eh either way you took it was a joke, you finding it funny means that the joke had at least some impact. I didn't really take your actual sign up date into consideration as it really didn't matter.

(I did 'lurk' for a while as well, not sure how long - only really visited to watch ZP, TWBB and Doomsday Arcade.)

Ah, doomsday arcade... Those were interesting times...

Actually, that suddenly reminds me... Where did all the video content like that go?
Almost all the current content can be described as 'factual'.
I mean, is there a single series left that has an actual plot in it's own right?

I can't think of any. Hmm. When did that happen?

CrystalShadow:
snip

Well, There will be Brawn, Doomsday Arcade and the likes finished and were just never replaced with anything else. And then of course there was payment problem with some of the others that led to them leaving.

It is sad that we're now left with only non-fictional stuff, but then there are always the web comics hosted on here.

Bigsmith:

CrystalShadow:
snip

Well, There will be Brawn, Doomsday Arcade and the likes finished and were just never replaced with anything else. And then of course there was payment problem with some of the others that led to them leaving.

It is sad that we're now left with only non-fictional stuff, but then there are always the web comics hosted on here.

It's kind of sad, but it also just surprised me a little that I hadn't noticed this earlier. Some of the last few series even implied they'd be back, but than just silently vanished.

Oh well. Things change I guess.

Count me in. Had no clue what Bastion was for a little while, heard about it and loved it. Especially the music even though the game play was cool as well. Supergiant, you may take my pre-order for a game and a soundtrack (if available) right now.
Wait, 2014? Aww...

On the one hand, I feel a tinge of disappointment that we probably won't revisit the world of Bastion anytime soon, perhaps never (not necessarily in a sequel, mind you, just another game set in the same world.

On the other hand, I've been waiting over a year for Supergiant Games to announce their next game, seeing as Bastion is a one of my favorite games of all time, and from what the trailer shows us, Transistor has the potential to be just as great.

Time to count down the months...

It's nice to see a trailer that shows actual game footage... and the music.... ooh. Definitely one to watch.

First gameplay video with TB is up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyD4FuvuOE

Hooked on the music!!!

the game looks good. I will have to do my best not to get any hype at all. that may be pretty hard to pull off though.

Norix596:
Really liking that art-style. Unfortunately though, it looks like it's going to have some rather similar core gameplay to Bastion which I didn't enjoy too much in of itself. The dynamic narration system was well done but the actual combat didn't really engage me too much. Hope they're successful though.

the gameplay looks different to me.

I would not judge the footage by the same standards as released game due to the the game still being developed and it's released being in 2014.

Bastion is one of my favourite games of all time. It had fun gameplay, gorgeous visuals, one of the best soundtracks ever, and an amazing story.

Judging from the trailer, this game looks like it'll be right up there with Bastion. It has gorgeous visuals, judging from the music, an awesome soundtrack, and from the brief glimpse of the gameplay it looks similar to Bastion which is good. The only thing I need to know now is how amazing the story will be.

The artistic visuals, the gameplay, the interesting protagonist, .. the music, ohhhhh the music.

This game looks like it's gold, despite I shouldn't get to excited. In all honesty, I have seen and heard a lot of good things about Bastion so seeing this trailer and knowing what I am getting into.. holy crap, I may just have to preorder this even. But, I shall wait and see if it's worth the time (and by that I mean reviews).

Reincarnatedwolfgod:

Okay, from the trailer I new that it would be great, from this I'm pretty sure it's going to be amazing. I wonder if it will be able to top Bastion.

Really excited for this! Though I have to point out, I'm not sure how The Kid's name turned out to be "more important to the overall than we might first suspect"...

Shocksplicer:
Really excited for this! Though I have to point out, I'm not sure how The Kid's name turned out to be "more important to the overall than we might first suspect"...

I am also going to question how "Red", the name of the new protagonist, is going to be plotrelevant. I would assume that her sword, Transistor, would be the actual plotrelevant thing...

Really enjoyed Bastion and I'm glad it sold very well so they could do another game.

The game looks like a Sci Fi Cyberpunk Bastion`like Action RPG with a bit of turn based gameplay, I'm all for that.

I feel weird because I am the only person in the world who didn't care for Bastion. ;-;

This doesn't look to change that.

If they keep up the excellent level of story telling, world building and epic music, and some how builds on bastion, i am ridiculously excited.

...after the Colonial Marines and SimCity debacle, I swore to try and never pre-order again, but for a new game from the guys that made Bastion, I'll make an exception. Where do I sign up?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here