The Forest: Open-World Survival Horror In a Lush Paradise

Pages PREV 1 2

Only thing is, will the island be full of interesting places and things to explore? If not, then it will be boring as hell after a while. But we will have to wait and see i guess.

Th37thTrump3t:

CZ_Rage:
dislike the monsters (not scary!)

The trailer did say on the bottom left that this was pre-alpha footage. The model/skin could have just been a placeholder just to show off how they would function and not actually represent what they would actually look like.

I understand, but in this case I wouldn´t have included that in a trailer shown to the public, right?

So who the hell is making this game? I don't think I've ever seen such a spartan website, there's like 3 screenshots, a trailer, and a description of the game. Nothing else, no "about us" or anything like that.

Ahem.

HOLY SHIT I WANT THIS. Seriously if this game delivers on that trailer it will be amazing, most likely there will be limitations, only certain trees you can cut down etc but good grief if it can deliver.... don't suck. Miasmata was okay, I personally felt abit let down by it, wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped (also ran like shit on my pc) this promises much.

CZ_Rage:

Th37thTrump3t:

CZ_Rage:
dislike the monsters (not scary!)

The trailer did say on the bottom left that this was pre-alpha footage. The model/skin could have just been a placeholder just to show off how they would function and not actually represent what they would actually look like.

I understand, but in this case I wouldn´t have included that in a trailer shown to the public, right?

Well... I wouldn't call this a trailer, but rather the developers holding it up and going "Hey, look what we have done so far. How's it look?" All they're doing here is showing off the currently completed elements of the game. I highly doubt the finished product will look at all similar to this video.

DVS BSTrD:
Would have been a lot scarier without the piano soundtrack.

Hmm, yeah, that just gave me thoughts of "Oh dear, it's another Dead Island". Still, having an open-world approach could work pretty damn well, might keep an eye on this one, and I'm not even that into horror games (Far too easily startled and most of the time they're just not interesting to me)

I'd like to think that the survivor is one of the player characters from Killing Floor on holiday, who had the usual luck of crashing in a luxury Clot resort.

The monsters really do look rather similar. See, this is the danger of giving away the baddies in the first trailer.

Survivor enters cave.

Clots: "Why, hello there! You're just in time for the Kālua!"

Survivor: "Just my luck, innit? Leg eeeet!"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook