New Star Wars Animated Series Airing in 2014

Pages PREV 1 2

i dont think anything is ever going to be as awesome as that animated mini-series that was basically 5-10 minutes of jedi and clones tearing s**t up, but this actually sounds halfway decent. if it doesnt suck for 3 seasons before starting to get good like the last one i might actually like it.

Sniper Team 4:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to wish Lucas was back in charge. At least he left the E.U. alone...most of the time.

Lucas mangled the EU pretty badly with Clone Wars.

Like that time when the race that had been created specifically for Asajj Ventress was no longer her race. Or that time when Alderaan's capital was moved from a nordic-looking region with mountains and pine/spruce to a differently colored version of every other jungle on the show. Also that time when most of the EU lore about Ryloth was invalidated.

Make it like this and my mind will explode:

I don't vehemently hate Ahsoka, so I'm kind of interested in seeing if they'll continue her story (probably) in the new series. It'll be interesting to see what happens if she ever encounters Darth Vader, and it'd be awesome if she meets Starkiller and they make a comment about how they hold their lightsabers similarly (because, you know).

Ishal:
Greg Weisman is involved though... and is the executive producer if I'm not mistaken.

Iunno...I have seen the older Max Steel cartoon recently...

Ishal:
Honestly with Star Wars now its going to be interesting... I know I said before I wasn't interested anymore... but damn...

The big thing that I'm wondering is how this disparate group of guys is going to go about making this stuff now that its leaving the prequel era and moving into the era that we all love (and acknowledge). Hopefully that means less Jedi and Sith.

The above quote is referring to that new TRON show that was moved around then canned right? I don't know if they'll handle Star Wars the way they handled that. Star Wars comes with its own built in fanbase remember, and its pretty much the one thing to transcend Sci Fi into popular culture. (Star Trek did it too yes, but it doesn't compare to Star Wars)

There are going to be a ton of projects related to Star Wars in the next few years.. some of them have to be good, right? Right? Eh don't answer that -_-

There probably will be less Jedi and Sith running around, or at least not the focus - Obi Wan and Yoda are in hiding, and the only Sith (that we know of) active at that point are Darth Vader and Emperor Palpetine. It's probably more likely our main characters will be an entirely new set of characters (though I suppose there's nothing against guest starring characters like Bail Organa and Mon Mothra here and there).

Apologies for mangling the names there.

xplosive59:
Tron: Uprising

Funny you should bring that up, considering it is Disney (and solely Disney) who are responsible for screwing that show over so hard it makes the DC Nation fiasco look like a day at the beach.

I hope they get rid of the stupid art style used in the clone wars and replace it with a more realistic one.

JediMB:

Sniper Team 4:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to wish Lucas was back in charge. At least he left the E.U. alone...most of the time.

Lucas mangled the EU pretty badly with Clone Wars.

Like that time when the race that had been created specifically for Asajj Ventress was no longer her race. Or that time when Alderaan's capital was moved from a nordic-looking region with mountains and pine/spruce to a differently colored version of every other jungle on the show. Also that time when most of the EU lore about Ryloth was invalidated.

Oh, I know. Don't forget that Master Adi died at Grevious' hands, not at Savage's, and that Barriss Offee going traitor on the Order (when she dies alongside her Master a few months later) messed up some serious stuff. However, I just feel like Disney seems to be on a warpath in order to wipe out everything that has been built in the E.U., something Lucas never would have done because he supported it.

Here are the rules...

No Jar-Jar. No Starkiller. None of the versions of Darth Maul. No Boba Fett as a major protagonist. No Jedi.

Now, if anyone wants me, I am hiding under my blanket because captcha is getting psychic again.

'half full' *shudder*.

Seriously who the hell programmed this captcha?

I hope its REALLY close to the concept art because I didn't like the style of the clone wars cartoon or the CG show

And shit it's CG again.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or