Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Let You Play as the Dog

Pages PREV 1 2 3

What if they do a flip and every human on the team dies instead and only the dog lives and takes revenge on everyone.

(See what I did there? A flip? Ok I'll go stand in a corner now...)

yamy:
What if they do a flip and every human on the team dies instead and only the dog lives and takes revenge on everyone.

I'd honestly play the hell out of that.

I'll never understand the love for dogs. Adding a dog is obviously just a cheap marketing gimmick, and yet it will sell millions more copies. Especially since no one is even going to bother playing the singleplayer!
Also; the dog is still going to die.

does this mean we get to play as

*puts on sunglasses*

a Terrierist

YEAAAHHHHHHHH!

Sorry i couldnt resist

Saucycarpdog:
My name is SaucyCarpDog. I've got nothing to lose!

OT: From the information I'm reading, this call of duty will actually be different: Russians are NOT the enemy. Now I want this game.

That's because dogs don't have a bone to pick with the Russians.

Blunderboy:
And people say that CoD never innovates.

Well, COD does innovate, just within itself. Despite what people may think, there are changes made between CODs. Those changes just dont benefit the whole of gaming like people typically think "innovation" would do...

I'm kinda skeptical about the whole dog thing. Are we really getting a playable dog? Or are we getting QTExtravaganza through the eyes of a dog?

Cause last time they gave us nano climbing gloves and rocket jetpacks and... yeah. A lot of playability that was.

TizzytheTormentor:
Clearly this marks a new turning point in the series!

Because they have proven how f**king awesome their dogs are!

yeah
thank fuck they decided to do it in this game and not in, say, CoD2 when russia used bomb dogs

WanderingFool:

Blunderboy:

Well, COD does innovate, just within itself. Despite what people may think, there are changes made between CODs. Those changes just dont benefit the whole of gaming like people typically think "innovation" would do...

I would say that what CoD does is continually polish itself. It introduces new single-player gimmicks and has cleaner, sleaker, more streamlined gameplay, graphics, and levels. It doesn't really overhaul itself or really become very different from what it used to be, it just does it always did but more gracefully.

As for the dog I have no doubt it will be the best characterized character in the single-player campaign by default.

SwimmingRock:
Sweet. Now I just need to wait for someone to adapt that engine to a pure dog simulator. I wanna play as a Welsh Corgi and just be adorable. Oh, and perform a "vicous lunge for the throat" if the AI pretends to throw a ball, but doesn't really throw it.

So basically Dog's Life, but hardcore?

You should be able to be captured randomly and put into a dogfighting ring. Show that grim doggy underworld.

spartandude:

*puts on sunglasses*

a Terrierist

YEAAAHHHHHHHH!

Sorry i couldnt resist

*Smacks on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

No! Bad! Bad Dog!

CriticKitten:

Blunderboy:

I'm assuming this is a troll, because the notion that adding a playable dog to the game is considered "innovation"....is laughable at best.

Or they have a sense of humour?

Looking at their profile, they are British, and I instantly got that they were joking, so I am going to put it down to being a "British thing".

It's also against the rules to accuse people of being a troll.

Legion:

spartandude:

*puts on sunglasses*

a Terrierist

YEAAAHHHHHHHH!

Sorry i couldnt resist

*Smacks on the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

No! Bad! Bad Dog!

CriticKitten:

Blunderboy:

I'm assuming this is a troll, because the notion that adding a playable dog to the game is considered "innovation"....is laughable at best.

Looking at their profile, they are British, and I instantly got that they were joking, so I am going to put it down to being a "British thing".

You would be bloody correct sir. It was indeed satire.

Innovation brought to you by the next gen folks. This is only possible because they NEEDED the next generation consoles to have this "innovation" in the game or to even come to them. Yes sir... this is... well I don't have words.

TWIST ENDING: The dog is the only squad member to survive the game.

Man, I'd love to see that happen.

They should change the cover to this now.
And the dog better be color blind if they choose to do first person from the dog's PoV!

So the dog can command the Marines? That's awesome.

Legion:

So....it's different because he's British? That makes no sense, honestly.

It also makes absolutely no sense that my response would be against the rules, either, considering if I had left the word "troll" out of the post and instead called him something else, it would have been left alone. But hey, their rules. I'll deal with it.

It's still not very funny and achieves the same effect, regardless of what it's called.

Mumorpuger:
TWIST ENDING: The dog is the only squad member to survive the game.

Man, I'd love to see that happen.

Especially if the dog narrates the ending, purely by barking.

CriticKitten:

Legion:

So....it's different because he's British? That makes no sense, honestly.

It's typical British ironic humour. I guarantee 99% of British people could tell he was joking, not trolling. I worded it rather poorly earlier, sorry.

It also makes absolutely no sense that my response would be against the rules, either, considering if I had left the word "troll" out of the post and instead called him something else, it would have been left alone. But hey, their rules. I'll deal with it.

*shrugs* That's how the rules work. Most people get around it by simply implying it or being passive aggressive instead. Not that it's a good thing, but people do like being rude to each other, and so find ways to do so without getting in trouble.

It's still not very funny and achieves the same effect, regardless of what it's called.

Perhaps, but not to people who got they were joking, and do find that kind of humour amusing. Ironic humour isn't for everybody, nor is it the kind really used to make people crack up. It's one of those things you kind of have to grow up around.

Legion:
It's typical British ironic humour. I guarantee 99% of British people could tell he was joking, not trolling. I worded it rather poorly earlier, sorry.

That's fine, it just didn't make sense to me because I enjoy listening to a couple of British comedians (John Oliver being one), and I didn't get any sense of dry irony or self-deprecation in his post. *shrug*

*shrugs* That's how the rules work. Most people get around it by simply implying it or being passive aggressive instead. Not that it's a good thing, but people do like being rude to each other, and so find ways to do so without getting in trouble.

Oh I know, that's why I think it's absurd. The notion that implication is fine but using the word isn't is bad enough, the fact that you can actually be far more insulting with other words but can't use a relatively non-insulting word is just positively silly. But, again, their rules, so w/e. :P

Perhaps, but not to people who got they were joking, and do find that kind of humour amusing. Ironic humour isn't for everybody, nor is it the kind really used to make people crack up. It's one of those things you kind of have to grow up around.

Like I said though, I do get it, I listen to plenty of it and I've used it myself. The problem is more that tonality is harder to read in text. Thus I pointed out that he simply HAD to be joking, because the alternative (that he actually considered this innovative) was too ridiculous to imagine. Guess I should have just said "joking" instead of assuming people would know what I was trying to say, but hey, whatever.

....isn't it sort of sad that we're getting more of a conversation out of the problems with cracking jokes in a text medium than the actual topic of Call of Duty?

I'm one of the biggest CoD detractors I know, but I HAVE to concede and give credit where credit is due - Activision does NOT have to innovate or change the formula in any way to sell the next CoD and break sales records of the previous games - they already have that in the back just by naming it "Call of Duty: Something".

The fact that they actually ARE trying to change it up, even if only slightly... well, I have to respect that. It's certainly not an innovation but considering how little they've done to make the previous games distinguishable from each other, perhaps this is a good sign.

...but I still won't buy it.

I want a mod for this so I can play as all animals.
Come at me terrorists!

So, has Activision already added this to their list of so-called "new innovations" this game brings for their advertising campaign?

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate playable dogs in games. If I can look past what brand they're in.

Meh. The cod games are decent but not really system sellers for me. Playing a dog is just a weird gimmick. Shows how much creativity the cod makers are lacking though if this is there big "Please buy this game " seller. Well they never had much creativiy to begin with but still , really? thats there big omg wtf thing seriously? Been there done that.

so yeah after seeing this and a quick youtube hunt I found some dog game play it's freaking cool

So we can't strap an M4 to the dog, but how aout some C4?

"This is someone you care about" they said. Well i don't fucking think so. Besides, i think using dogs like controlable bombchus is a much better idea.

Well, this is going to be shit.

I'm torn between being legitimately excited for this game and burnt out on CoD as a whole.

Edl01:
I'll never understand the love for dogs.

Wait, what?

Seriously, what?

I think it's redundant to argue about opinions, but it's simply a fact that dogs = awesome. Dogs have been a man's best friend for thousand of years, liking dogs is in our freaking DNA. Dogs aren't just cute (they are SUPER cute by the way): ever heard of police dogs, seeing eye dogs or the ones that help finding earthquake victims? It is said that dogs are better at understanding human emotions through body language than people themselves.

(This outburst of dog defense was brought to you by a guy who has cried twice while watching a movie. The same person has also seen exactly 2 movies where the dog dies.)

Back to topic: playing as a dog is honestly the only good thing I've heard about the Xbox One.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here