Rockstar May be Making PC Ports of Its Latest Games

Pages PREV 1 2

Be nice of them to finally start giving a damn about the platform that gave them their start and launched their flagship series.

Shadow-Phoenix:
I'd kind of like to see a PC release and kind of not mainly because the PC side of gamers are either ungrateful for the port or incredibly smug in seeing their version as the "best and only greatest version ever" so I'd most likely hope it just stays on the two consoles seeing as how the PC will be getting planetary annihilation and Star Citizen both of which are only PC to which consoles will never get to see the light of day so fairs fair.

Why should we be grateful? Never be grateful for something you'll have to pay money for. And if it's something barely works, like GTA IV, we will express our dissatisfaction as we should.
PC gamers get screwed over time and again: ports that are poorly optimized, ports that don't have basic things like PC KEYS IN MENUS AND GAMEPLAY (Yeah, I'm talking about YOUR ports, Sega!), ports that don't support freaking MOUSE, ports that don't let you set up graphics and change the controls. This is all unacceptable and as customers, we SHOULD, no we MUST tell the industry that this is wrong, that ports shouldn't be done poorly. I gave up on pirating a long ago and I support developers and buy shit - and therefore, I have my god-given right to complain. And so does everyone else.

bringer of illumination:
Oh look another person who thinks he's the bees knees

Mate I really couldn't give a rats ass if you told me to fuck off to my face but it is an insult but by all means if you think it isn't go right ahead to all them religious places and tell them to "fuck off", tell the pres to fuck off and let's see where that lands ye.

And I do believe I am in the real world and I can't see the console version being any bit inferior considering there's still no PC version and even then console users will still be happy playing the game on their console without running into a complete douche who has to tell them the version the are playing is "WRONG AND INFERIOR".

Christ next thing you know you'll be telling me the NIL is "inferior" to bloody Dyson.

I'd love to say this is going nowhere but hey you managed to spin it around to work for you by acting insulted even though you're much older than me.

RT:
-snip-

That's ultimately cool and more power to you but consoles have had just as much shit as PC's have and everything doesn't magically become 100% fine tuned and working or gaming as a whole would be picture perfect.

I see two things going for when it comes out on PC (if it does at all):

Discussions will go about which version is "the best", further heated discussion into bashing people with the "inferior" version while trying to get them to see their side and join "the best".

Complete and utter vitriol for the PC port which get's no one in a forum nowhere but utter bitching at other people (telling R* politely will probably work but lol it's the internet politeness is more or less 30-40%).

I built a recent rig and I'm not fussed one way or the other if it does or doesn't come out for PC and I don't even have any of the other consoles at the moment but I'll sure as hell buy either a PS3 slim or 360 Slim and get myself a backlog including GTA V and I'm nowhere near rich at all because I know how to save.

Shadow-Phoenix:

RT:
-snip-

That's ultimately cool and more power to you but consoles have had just as much shit as PC's have and everything doesn't magically become 100% fine tuned and working or gaming as a whole would be picture perfect.

I see two things going for when it comes out on PC (if it does at all):

Discussions will go about which version is "the best", further heated discussion into bashing people with the "inferior" version while trying to get them to see their side and join "the best".

Complete and utter vitriol for the PC port which get's no one in a forum nowhere but utter bitching at other people (telling R* politely will probably work but lol it's the internet politeness is more or less 30-40%).

I built a recent rig and I'm not fussed one way or the other if it does or doesn't come out for PC and I don't even have any of the other consoles at the moment but I'll sure as hell buy either a PS3 slim or 360 Slim and get myself a backlog including GTA V and I'm nowhere near rich at all because I know how to save.

I've got a PS3. Don't get it: no gaems (you can't get on PC) and the exclusives aren't that good. The 360 is even worse.

Shadow-Phoenix:
Mate I really couldn't give a rats ass if you told me to fuck off to my face but it is an insult but by all means if you think it isn't go right ahead to all them religious places and tell them to "fuck off", tell the pres to fuck off and let's see where that lands ye.

"Fuck off" is not an insult, it's a coarse way of saying "knock that off", and that's not an insult.

And frankly, when someone enters a debate with the kind of inflammatory, holier than thou bullshit that you did, what other appropriate response is there?

Your entire post basically amounted to "You don't get to have nice things because there are people that once said something that I object to that might also get nice things, and like we all know, anyone that dares to disagree with ME should never ever get nice things"

And no shit, curse words aren't tolerated in highly religious contexts, that doesn't mean that every curse word is an insult. They aren't tolerated because deeply religious people don't tolerate curse words, context or usage is not relevant.

What do you mean "tell the pres to fuck off" what exactly is gonna stop me? What's he gonna do? Arrest me?

Shadow-Phoenix:
And I do believe I am in the real world and I can't see the console version being any bit inferior considering there's still no PC version and even then console users will still be happy playing the game on their console without running into a complete douche who has to tell them the version the are playing is "WRONG AND INFERIOR".

Christ next thing you know you'll be telling me the NIL is "inferior" to bloody Dyson.

I don't even know what the fuck you're on about anymore m8

I never once mentioned anything about console versions being inferior or anything of the sort.

I objected to your smug, non-nonsensical statements.

Nice projecting though.

Shadow-Phoenix:
I'd love to say this is going nowhere but hey you managed to spin it around to work for you by acting insulted even though you're much older than me.

What does me being older than you have to do with anything?

Do I just have to ignore everything you say because you're younger than me

You're a 26 year old man for fuck's sake.

EDIT:

Shadow-Phoenix:
telling R* politely will probably work

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What fucking planet do you live on where asking nicely and saying PWEASE to a multi million dollar company will get them to do ANYTHING?

RT:

I've got a PS3. Don't get it: no gaems (you can't get on PC) and the exclusives aren't that good. The 360 is even worse.

Exclusives not being good is pure opinion though and doesn't hold absolute truth otherwise we wouldn't be seeing any future console exclusives yet they are still good and sell well.

I guess you're just in the corner with PC mate but me and others on here get to enjoy the consoles and PC worlds.

Well that's just fine and dandy. More people will get to play subpar ports of games where you mash X to run. Now if only people on forums would stop behaving like petulant children over nothing more than semantics.

Shadow-Phoenix:

RT:

Exclusives not being good is pure opinion though and doesn't hold absolute truth otherwise we wouldn't be seeing any future console exclusives yet they are still good and sell well.

I guess you're just in the corner with PC mate but me and others on here get to enjoy the consoles and PC worlds.

So did I... but I guess I spent too much time on PC (eight years of pure PC gaming). Uncharted was a disappointment, Mortal Kombat is now on PC (FUCK! That was the game I bought with the fucking console). My hopes rest on The Last of Us and InFamous.

Shadow-Phoenix:
I'd kind of like to see a PC release and kind of not mainly because the PC side of gamers are either ungrateful for the port or incredibly smug in seeing their version as the "best and only greatest version ever" so I'd most likely hope it just stays on the two consoles seeing as how the PC will be getting planetary annihilation and Star Citizen both of which are only PC to which consoles will never get to see the light of day so fairs fair.

I'm a PC gamer and I am not ungrateful towards ports or smug. While I do already own Red Dead Redemption and have Grand Theft Auto V pre-ordered for my PS3 I still plan on getting the PC port for GTA V and Red Dead Redemption if a PC port is made for it. Mainly because I like using a keyboard and mouse more but also because I want to support Rockstar.

Rockstar, your doing it wrong. you code for PC and port it to consoles, not the other way around. Console-to-PC ports dont work. GTA4 is the best proof.

Petromir:
It may not be your cup of tea but GTA IV sold insanely well, hardly a flop.

It sold on hype and people who were playing San Andreas. People still play San Andreas more than GTA4. GTA4 PC port was completely terrible.

Shadow-Phoenix:

we should be grateful for a terrible port? or shoudl we be grateful for paying momoney for a game that does not work properly? or should we be grateful for beign showed into the last place because "we want to code for consoles derp"?

And there is a reason a game coded with PC in mind is a greater version. because PC has more capabilities, raging from controls, to graphics, to freaking ability to put a decent AI in because you dont have to fit everything in 512mb of ram.

Also becasue we are paying for two other games, one of which i havent even heard of, we do not "Deserve" to be able to pay for another one? what kind of warped logic is this?

Capcha: describe nokia
"should have won worst company award"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook