Deviant Artist Shows Us Solid Snake's Quiet Side

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deviant Artist Shows Us Solid Snake's Quiet Side

"His new outfit will allow a lot of more moving features while protecting his testicles and nipples at the same time," says 'Hideo Kojima'.

You probably caught a bit of the Quiet backlash a short while back, when Hideo Kojima popped up and suggested erotic-no-wait-sexy costume options for Metal Gear Solid 5's mute sniper. Imaginations sparked, as imaginations often do, and Deviant Artist ZombieSandwich - aka Anne Pogoda - thought Snake could do with a bit of Quiet in his life. Practical yet at the same time strangely sexy, I'm sure you'll agree. Perhaps some cosplayers will take on this challenging role.

"The old battle armors were stiff and clumsy and did not really give enough freedom for all the complex moves that Big "Quiet" Boss is going to be making while snaking through the Desert," says 'Hideo Kojima', as Pogoda imagines him. "His new outfit will allow a lot of more moving features while protecting his testicles and nipples at the same time." Pogoda believes that Kojima was "trolling again for marketing reasons" when he Tweeted to cosplayers, but decided that, as a fan, she had to respond.

Like what you see? You might want to head over here to Pogoda's Facebook.

Source: DeviantArt

Yeah it doesn't look too good on Boss. He's definitely 'Punished Snake' now, like he lost a bet with Quiet.

Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake?!

I'm sorry.
But as a fan of boobs, the design was lazy and a bit crap, especially after the stellar stuff Platinum produced for Rising.

I...
Yanno, I wouldn't be all too surprised actually.
If snake were to wear that actually.
Or something similar as part of an easter egg or unlockable.

Quiet Camo :P

Haha, fair play he pulls it off.

I can just imagine him saying;
"Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"

Unlockable alternative character skin right there.

Do it Mr Kojima. Dooo eeet!

And this only makes me sadder, knowing I can't imagine that Snake speaking in Hayter's signature gravelly "Snake" voice...

And considering some of the stuff Kojima slips into unlockables, I wouldn't be too surprised seeing this.

*Waves a wad of ones.* Wooooh~ Take it off, baby! Swing that body!

My applause to the artist, I had a good laugh this ill day.

Easton Dark:

Yeah it doesn't look too good on Boss. He's definitely 'Punished Snake' now, like he lost a bet with Quiet.

Or maybe he's finally coming out of the closet box. Still... I think this is kinda funny.

Trolling Like a... Boss
The motion capture would have been interesting to say the least.

MrHide-Patten:
Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake?!

I'm sorry.
But as a fan of boobs, the design was lazy and a bit crap, especially after the stellar stuff Platinum produced for Rising.

Well you just know [I]someone[/i] is "rising" to this

DVS BSTrD:
The motion capture would have been interesting to say the least.

If there weren't some extra hip wiggle mocapped into that model, I'd demand my money back. Only for the bouncers to evict from from the premises.

Someone's going to cosplay as that. They have to!

I have a horrible smile on my face at the moment. I'm going to show myself out of the thread before I do or say something incriminating.

eh, fuck it I'll play with that costume on
I do admit, Kojima was pretty silly saying all that about Quiet

Well, you gotta hand it to Snake: he's confident enough to pull it off without looking awkward.

If I had access to rock-hard abs like that, I'd totally cosplay as this. No joke.

Hell, if everything from Freddy Krueger to Girl Scouts can have a "sexy" variant Halloween costume, why can't Naked Snake?

I know this is supposed to be a super serious eff-you moment for the feminists, but I can only laugh.

Also if this made it in game the number of cares I would give would be zero.

This would be great to have as a costume especially if it shows up in cutscene and stuff. Snake just talking all seriously while wearing that would be great.

I find this uproar kinda ridiculous. Making a character stupid sexy doesn't automatically make them a bad character. Look at all the beefcake present in MGS; you could make Snake run around shirtless for all of MGS3 and that didn't make his character worse (though one could argue that he didn't have any farther to fall).

The Boss in MGS3 is probably my favorite female character in gaming, and so I know Kojima can write good female characters. And I know he has a history of trolling his fans - look at the hubbub he produced with The Phantom Pain, this very same game.

I'll eat a tree frog if he isn't trolling everybody with his comments and this character right now.

i think i have now my own solid snake

I think I'd actually pick up a MGS game for this. I like the option to dress my male avatar as a woman, especially if the outfit has more than purely aesthetic benefits... just watching that sexy back as I stealth through areas and stuff. Love those stockings, but wouldn't they (and your knees, gloves, arms and possibly abs) get ruined quickly while you're crawling and sliding around all those gravelly/mountainy areas?

Just goes to show how stupid Quiet's outfit is.

Scribblesense:
I find this uproar kinda ridiculous. Making a character stupid sexy doesn't automatically make them a bad character. Look at all the beefcake present in MGS; you could make Snake run around shirtless for all of MGS3 and that didn't make his character worse (though one could argue that he didn't have any farther to fall).

The Boss in MGS3 is probably my favorite female character in gaming, and so I know Kojima can write good female characters. And I know he has a history of trolling his fans - look at the hubbub he produced with The Phantom Pain, this very same game.

I'll eat a tree frog if he isn't trolling everybody with his comments and this character right now.

Very true, but it can hinder taking that character seriously when their tits or ass take up most of the scene. Good example: I could never really take Miranda seriously as a character because her ass, somehow, always found a way to be in the foreground of the scene. Eventually it got kind of irritating because it felt demeaning, like Bioware thought I could only pay attention if there was a big ass on display.

Ok... I said maybe it was time for Metal Gear to go the serious route with 5, but I would totally be lying to myself if I didn't say I wouldn't do a whole playthrough of the game in this beautiful alternate skin...

Tolkienfanatic:
I know this is supposed to be a super serious eff-you moment for the feminists, but I can only laugh.

Also if this made it in game the number of cares I would give would be zero.

:D Nothing wrong with this moment at all.
It is one of triumph!;p

Zhukov:
Unlockable alternative character skin right there.

Do it Mr Kojima. Dooo eeet!

Well Kojima, the balls in your court now. You going to take it to the net,

I would totally hit that.

I mean, it's still Big Boss, the most sexy anything in existence. He could do anything, wear anything and he'd still exude enough raw sex appeal to give anyone[1] in a 10 mile radius completely the hots for him.

[1] Regardless of gender, sexuality or even species. Hell, he'd even affect dead people and inanimate objects

Redlin5:
Or maybe he's finally coming out of the closet box. Still... I think this is kinda funny.

Well, it would explain why his kids were clones.

Kargathia:
Well, you gotta hand it to Snake: he's confident enough to pull it off without looking awkward.

I noticed that! Props to the artist for giving snake that confident poise.

...this needs to happen as one of those unlockable new game+ skins that the games usually have. Hell, it can be the new tuxedo.

Karloff:
snip

Just thought I'd point out that the headline is wrong, that's Big Boss not Solid Snake. You can tell because Snake wears a bandana along with his bikini.

I'd still play the shit out of it.

Kojima, you know what to do. Alternative costume this shit (it's not like he hasn't put Big Boss/Snake in women's clothing before).

Also, I require a shot from the back. For...research.

Can anyone remember playing Raiden in MGS 2 running around completely naked

Oh wait, a women in a bikini, I'd better get offended

You just know Kojima's gonna put something like this if he sees it....
Assuming he hasn't yet of course.

Is it strange to think that it actually suits him? Yes? I thought as much.

This needs to be an end game bonus disguise or something along the lines of the Raiden mask for MGS3.

Why is some person's fan art so newsworthy

Well, this is interesting. Here's to hoping that lucky gamers get their wish and this is a bonus costume.

captcha: I mustache you why
Seriously, why wouldn't this be an ingame unlockable? :P

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook