France Accuses Scientologists of Fraud

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

HAHAH Frace rocks

I always used to amuse myself by thinking of the French as a bunch of spineless twats but reading this, I've gained a new respect for them.

Scientologist? Fraudulent? What?

What lies are you spreading now Root?

But seriously, why haven't more people done this? They're a bunch of fake, money-making cultists who take advantage of vulnerable people. It's not right.

Way to go France! For the first time in history lets follow their example!!!

Jumplion:
What exactly is Scientology? I never entirely understood what it was supposed to be.

It's a "religion" made up by a science fiction writer.

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Radelaide:

Jumplion:
What exactly is Scientology? I never entirely understood what it was supposed to be.

Yeah, just like Jesus or fucking Anakin. What difference does it make, if it was written by a SF novelist or by a bunch of primitives thousands of years ago who didn't even understand lightning, praytell?

Arbre:

Radelaide:

Jumplion:

Yeah, just like Jesus or fucking Anakin. What difference does it make, if it was written by a SF novelist or by a bunch of primitives thousands of years ago who didn't even understand lightning, praytell?

Christianity doesn't require you to shun all your family who aren't scientologists Christians, refuse life saving medication or "donate" millions of dollars to get into the damned thing. That's the difference.

Edited.

Sylocat:
I have gained new respect for the French.

Indeed. They're well on their way to becoming tolerable again.

Radelaide:

Arbre:

Radelaide:

Jumplion:

Christianity doesn't require you to shun all your family who aren't scientologists Christians, refuse life saving medication or "donate" millions of dollars to get into the damned thing. That's the difference.

Edited.

People quickly forget how Vatican got so rich in the beginning. It would be a joke to hear them lecture people on tolerance, altruism and peace.

That's an amazing photo

Arbre:

Radelaide:

Arbre:

Radelaide:

Jumplion:

Edited.

People quickly forget how Vatican got so rich in the beginning. It would be a joke to hear them lecture people on tolerance, altruism and peace.

That's over hundreds of years! There is tonnes of differences between Christianity and Scientology. I don't believe in Christianity, but at least there is some theoretical evidence of Christianity's origins.

There are serious flaws in Scientology and it's beliefs.

Oh great. Give those /b/tard idiots another reason to whore attention why don't you.

ok im not a scientologist.
But, uh, isnt the whole point of tolarence to not say these kinds of things. I mean any scientologist who saw this relentless stream of bull crap would have left the escapist community.
And theres nothing wrong with france, before this mess, or after this mess.

M3707ik:
ok im not a scientologist.
But, uh, isnt the whole point of tolarence to not say these kinds of things. I mean any scientologist who saw this relentless stream of bull crap would have left the escapist community.
And theres nothing wrong with france, before this mess, or after this mess.

See, tolerance of religion doesn't apply to Scientology, because they're not a real religion. It was originally a self-help program made up by a failed science fiction author who proceeded to steal 12 million (or so) from his own "church." It's currently a money-sink that encourages the attacking of those who criticize it.

I would go to that trial wearing a V mask, but why bother? We know that France will win simply because the jury, and every other sane person on the planet, knows that Scientology is a scam and only believed by idiots. Yes, Tom Cruise was good in Cocktail and Top Gun, and a few others, but he's still an idiot.

Sorry, where was I? Oh yes, ranting about Tom Cruise Scientology. Yeah, they're idiots and scam artists, the whole lot of them. The ones who got out should be applauded. Well done to them. Anyway, why be anonymous either? I want Scientology to know that we're all against them... and I always did like the French to some extent as well. Even though I'm British, the only problem I had with them was their attitude to war (i.e. something relating to a famous Coldplay song... cookie for the guess and the win).

okay. but ur gunna get the same reaction if u tell that to a scientologist or a cristian

Trivun:
Even though I'm British, the only problem I had with them was their attitude to war (i.e. something relating to a famous Coldplay song... cookie for the guess and the win).

Would it be "Yellow", as in "Yellow-Bellied Coward"?

Meado:

Trivun:
Even though I'm British, the only problem I had with them was their attitude to war (i.e. something relating to a famous Coldplay song... cookie for the guess and the win).

Would it be "Yellow", as in "Yellow-Bellied Coward"?

Yep, you get an epic win flavoured choc-chip cookie. Make it last though, else it'll spoil your dinner :P

Radelaide:
That's over hundreds of years!

Yes, they have been doing it for that long. Precisely.

There is tonnes of differences between Christianity and Scientology. I don't believe in Christianity, but at least there is some theoretical evidence of Christianity's origins.

Actually, there is some factual evidence of Christianity's origins.
We know or estimate how and when it roughly birthed and bloomed.
Now, considering that Scientology is fairly recent, there's technically far more facts about it than about Christianity.
That's probably also why it's less mystic, esoteric in its roots, and doesn't feel like a religion, but a grotesque and pretentious simile that lacks the divine element in it.
There's truth in that. But religion per se doesn't require a god.

Like in any, no? Christianity has come a long way, I suppose, but its fundamentalists are no better than the Scientology's. The difference being that as a mainstream religion which is actually broken down into many variants, there's a lot of moderate faith going on.
A cult, before going large, cannot survive if its core is moderate.
Christianity couldn't survive if its own core was moderate. If it did, if it was watered down, it would not be seen as the strong leading and luminous tower that shines faith all over the world anymore. The former moderates would lose confidence in this current, feel the weakness, and probably shift faith or just drop it all at once.
Of course for me, absolutely all is BS.

Arbre:

There's factual evidence of Scientology's origins.
"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!" - L.Ron Hubbard (1949)

Sylocat:

You can always trust the french to take to the streets and kick up a fuss when the rest of the west can't be arsed.

In France the govt fears the people, in Britain and USA we have it the other way around, worth respecting imo.

ahh aside from smelling like feet and butt, france may be nice to live in.

SecretTacoNinja:
Hahaha... Good on France. And the Anonymous Army.

I don't care for Anonymous. If you're going to make a stand, grow some balls and do it out in the open. Imagine if everyone during the Equal Rights movement wore masks (besides the bad guys).

Sylocat:

Ditto.

I find fraud very plausible in a scientologist environment, considering all the money they move around.

So I guess Tom Cruise will be at the one handing out the masks then?

Governments making religions (even crazy cult religions) illegal = bad, very very bad.

Everyone's religion looks like a cult to someone. This is why freedom of religion is important. Mormons tithe 10% of their income to their church. Are they next?

edinflames:

Sylocat:

You can always trust the french to take to the streets and kick up a fuss when the rest of the west can't be arsed.

In France the govt fears the people, in Britain and USA we have it the other way around, worth respecting imo.

Well, in the USA the government fears us, but they try to make us fear them at the same time.

Arbre:

Radelaide:
That's over hundreds of years!

Yes, they have been doing it for that long. Precisely.

And that would be my point. Scientologists are worth something like US$500 million and that's all from "revenue". Them charging hundreds and thousands of dollars for their services. They're a company, not a religion.

There is tonnes of differences between Christianity and Scientology. I don't believe in Christianity, but at least there is some theoretical evidence of Christianity's origins.

We know or estimate how and when it roughly birthed and bloomed.
Now, considering that Scientology is fairly recent, there's technically far more facts about it than about Christianity.
That's probably also why it's less mystic, esoteric in its roots, and doesn't feel like a religion, but a grotesque and pretentious simile that lacks the divine element in it.
There's truth in that. But religion per se doesn't require a god.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Arbre:

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!" - L.Ron Hubbard (1949)

Pretty much what Root said. L. Ron Hubbard was a money-making scam artist, good to know his legend lives on!

Like in any, no? Christianity has come a long way, I suppose, but its fundamentalists are no better than the Scientology's. The difference being that as a mainstream religion which is actually broken down into many variants, there's a lot of moderate faith going on.
A cult, before going large, cannot survive if its core is moderate.
Christianity couldn't survive if its own core was moderate. If it did, if it was watered down, it would not be seen as the strong leading and luminous tower that shines faith all over the world anymore. The former moderates would lose confidence in this current, feel the weakness, and probably shift faith or just drop it all at once.
Of course for me, absolutely all is BS.

Yes, every religion has it's flaws, and I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that religion is meant to bring you closer to your respective God and to your family, not to throw money at it and refuse a relationship with anyone who isn't a part of your religion.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Arbre:

Oh sure, the was no secret about it. But it appears that the message, I suppose, has moved on its own beyond its original intent.
The point is, many people believe so. Belief, faith... religion.
You know, I could argue that the Romans let the Christians grow and treated them as scapegoats for some political reason (an enemy -infidels?- to unite the Empire against, for example).
The point is, the origins are there, but many people treat it as religion now (sigh), and considering the amount of bullshit found in all of religions, I just don't see why this one would have less rights to live, for all its flaws.
I find it highly humourous that in societies of ultra-capitalism and religious bigotry, one of the the less hypocritical models is treated like a witch by some.
:D

Radelaide:

And that would be my point. Scientologists are worth something like US$500 million and that's all from "revenue". Them charging hundreds and thousands of dollars for their services. They're a company, not a religion.

And you think Vatican got its money from... the Sky?

Radelaide:
Yes, every religion has it's flaws, and I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that religion is meant to bring you closer to your respective God and to your family, not to throw money at it and refuse a relationship with anyone who isn't a part of your religion.

Not if the religion doesn't hinge around the premise of a one true God.

I suddenly *less than three* France just that little bit more
Now lets here from Australia
"Nah, were just chillen, a-banning your games and interwebzlol"
Grr, sometimes I wish I never taught Australia leet-speak, or how to use the internet...

Arbre:

The point is, the origins are there, but many people treat it as religion now (sigh), and considering the amount of bullshit found in all of religions, I just don't see why this one would have less rights to live, for all its flaws.
I find it highly humourous that in societies of ultra-capitalism and religious bigotry, one of the the less hypocritical models is treated like a witch by some.
:D

Even if we are looking at Christianity and Scientology as equals (which is a REAL sleight to Christians), I don't believe that Christianity teaches that for money you can learn powers, specifically indoctrinates the famous, channels illegal funds, preaches that anyone who condemns the religion is to be disgraced or eliminated, targets any reporters who want to know about the religion & ostracises non-members without performing any charitable acts.

Last I heard, even an Atheist may sit in on a sermon without being threatened. And that applies to Islam, Buddhism and most other "true" religions, but not Scientology.

About time. And I wouldn't mind the whole jury wearing V masks either. I can't say I like all the things Anonymous do in real life, at least, but hell, anyone who's against Scientology is a friend. Somewhat.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Even if we are looking at Christianity and Scientology as equals (which is a REAL sleight to Christians), I don't believe that Christianity teaches that for money you can learn powers, specifically indoctrinates the famous, channels illegal funds, preaches that anyone who condemns the religion is to be disgraced or eliminated, targets any reporters who want to know about the religion & ostracises non-members without performing any charitable acts.

Last I heard, even an Atheist may sit in on a sermon without being threatened. And that applies to Islam, Buddhism and most other "true" religions, but not Scientology.

Like I said, these religions are old and mainstream. The larger the people they cover, the more variants and leeway you find. Mind you, considering the stuff Ratsinger sprouts these days, you wonder which one is worst, if his words are the cream of the sanctified stuff, a notch below God.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here