Never Enough "FUCK YOUS" For Bethesda

Pages PREV 1 2 3

...Well that's powerfully stupid. As someone who does regularly pay for mods, Bethesda mismanaging the hell out of the 'micro-DLC' they're pushing is just... really disappointing. Could've really done something that actually benefits the modders, like, say, working together with them to release Official Versions of popular mods, setting up a system that pays the modders for their work, but... instead they're charging people an arm and a leg for an inferior version. Shame, really.

It's just greed, pure and simple. Bethesda trying to capitalize on something that's existed in their games for over a decade, but has fucked it up so badly it's actually kinda painful to look at. Oh well, I'm still going to be paying for mods... through donate buttons on The Nexus.

Saelune:

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Saelune:
If it already exists for free...then why are you complaining? Download it and move on.

And you're suggesting paying for easy mode in the future as equal to a bonus mode that most games dont have anyways. Hell, lots of games dont have easy mode either.

Like I said earlier, I don't even like Skyrim. Bethesda takes advantage of people who doesn't know how to mod or even knows that modding exists. Paid mods (Microtransactions) is anti-consumer, especially the way Bethesda's doing it. They put up ''mods'' for ludicrous prices (5 bucks for an armor and an extra 5 bucks the gun that matches aka microtransactions). Not only that, like mentioned in the video they use that shitty credit system which forces you to buy, for an example, 15 bucks for 1500 credits for the survival mode since it costs 800 credits, the lowest amount of credits you can buy is 750 for 7.5 dollars.

So, what's the difference between Bethesdas paid mods and microtransactions? No difference at all.

So you dont even have a stake in this and just want to gloat? Well, now I know not to waste my time with you here anymore then since you just want to fan the flames.

Are you sure you're not trolling? The hell am I ''gloating'' over? Of course I have a stake in this, I play other moddable Bethesda games like Fallout, stuff like this affects that series and future Bethesda games. Try to actually watch the video OP posted instead of trying to slither your way out of this. Everyone who's a consumer of Bethesdas products has a stake in this, hell, everyone who's a consumer of video games has a stake in this.

Also thanks for ignoring my entire reply yet again, I'm just gonna assume that you have nothing better to come up with.

Wrex Brogan:
...Well that's powerfully stupid. As someone who does regularly pay for mods, Bethesda mismanaging the hell out of the 'micro-DLC' they're pushing is just... really disappointing. Could've really done something that actually benefits the modders, like, say, working together with them to release Official Versions of popular mods, setting up a system that pays the modders for their work, but... instead they're charging people an arm and a leg for an inferior version. Shame, really.

It's just greed, pure and simple. Bethesda trying to capitalize on something that's existed in their games for over a decade, but has fucked it up so badly it's actually kinda painful to look at. Oh well, I'm still going to be paying for mods... through donate buttons on The Nexus.

^ This is how you get bothered by this without overblowing it.

Saelune:

Wrex Brogan:

That's almost literally what I said in my previous reply but apparently I was just gloating.

Considering that last generation Bethesda had no compunctions about releasing terribly broken PS3 versions of their games at full price and acting like nothing was wrong with them, nothing they do in terms of being ethically lacking and greedy can shock me.

BabyfartsMcgeezaks:

Saelune:

Wrex Brogan:

That's almost literally what I said in my previous reply but apparently I was just gloating.

Don't bother, I made a similar thread not too long ago and there just like on here Saelune has shown they have no intention whatsoever of being convinced of anything. They don't give a damn despite how obvious it is they should so they think nobody else should give a damn either and dismisses any arguments to the contrary as petty whining. It doesn't matter if Bethesda or any other developer for that matter made games that only lasted 5 minutes or the rest of eternity, the worst games in human history or the best, made nothing or literally every dollar, euro, pound, etc. on the planet, there is absolutely NOTHING that justifies this paid mod crap, microtransactions, on disc DLC, Day One DLC or ANY of the rest of these consumer screwing business practices.

Saelune:

Wrex Brogan:

...well that's a little unfair to everyone else in the thread, given I'm not saying anything particularly ground-breaking. Hell, I'm straight pissed about Bethesda doing this given the monumental failure of their last attempt at it and the blatant disregard they have for the modding communities, I'm just putting it into nicer words than 'Fuckthesda'.

And most of you probably will buy it anyway.

Saelune:

Kerg3927:
So a for profit company doing things to increase profits...

In other news... a baseball player plays baseball!

Skyrim unmodded offers hundreds of hours more game than most games that dont even have modding.

Id rather they work on TESVI than modding Skyrim. Should be more people complaining that they arent adding survival to Oblivion or Morrowind...or Arena.

How dare you forget about the best of all the elder scroll games Daggerfall. D:

This is just foreboding for the next Bethesda titles and sad to see.

To effectively charge 15$ (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for a hardcore mode is incredible, as well as effectively charging 5$ for skins, which is even more expensive than horse armor.

Also retrofitting an old-ass game with this is a bit disgusting to me. Leave "my" game alone.

You know, this is a bit foreshadowing as well. If they keep retrofitting software this might open them up for lawsuits in the EU since laws here are a bit different, apparently. If I had the money, I'd sue them. :D I really, really despise this tactic where my game gets altered in such a way that I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have known this beforehand.

Bobular:
Eh, they'll be a mod that does it better for free soon, if there isn't one already.

kenu12345:
Aren't these already in other mods and alot more detailed with more items for free

Katherine Kerensky:
Just get that survival mod, something about frost or cold.
Ah, Frostfall. Almost 3 million downloads, and it won't cost you a penny.

Only some, or even none, might be available for console players.

Laggyteabag:
Paid mods are bullshit. Their paid mods are even more bullshit.

"They're not mods, but player created add-ons"
-Pete Hines, Bethesda VP.

Naldan:
To effectively charge 15$ for a hardcore mode is incredible

It worked for Nintendo.

OT; I think Bethesda know that almost no one in the PC market will be using this, that this 'Creation Club' is nothing more than a way to circumvent Sony's blockade on mods. The Sony fanbase are the ones being hurt most of all by it.

008Zulu:

Naldan:
To effectively charge 15$ for a hardcore mode is incredible

It worked for Nintendo.

OT; I think Bethesda know that almost no one in the PC market will be using this, that this 'Creation Club' is nothing more than a way to circumvent Sony's blockade on mods. The Sony fanbase are the ones being hurt most of all by it.

Yeah, Nintendo can go fuck itself, too. But, at the very least in order to see the gold in the shower, you get a nice figurine. They still can go fuckthemselves majorly for that.

I should pop over to their forums and earn a ban by suggesting that if people want a survival game in a frozen wasteland they are better off getting "The Long Dark" instead.

Anyway, fuck Bethsoft, their games were always more gimmick than substance to me anyway.

Haven't read the whole thread but it sounds like these were originally user-created mods. If so is Bethesda giving them a cut of the pie at least?

hanselthecaretaker:
Haven?t read the whole thread but it sounds like these were originally user-created mods. If so is Bethesda giving them a cut of the pie at least?

They give them a certain amount of money and that's it, they don't get any royalties or anything, after selling it the mod is Bethesdas property forever.

Don't forget:
The GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION is ONLY A DOWNLOAD CODE.

NOTHING IS ON DISC!

So...yeah...fuck 'em.

Never again will I buy one of their games new.
I'd rather Amazon or GameStop get my money than them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here