Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 . . . 807 NEXT

mlbalcom:
whats the old arcade game where you played the thief or burglar the characters were pill or bubble shaped it was two player and you could play at the same time one of you played as a taller guy in a red shirt the other shorter and was in blue

bonanza brothers

Jackson Williams:
So, there was this one game I used to play on pc. It also was an Xbox game ( I think). Anyway. You were able to build your own robot/ mech using money you won in battles. There were three chassis for the mechs: a hover one, a walker, and a tracked base. The point of the game was to improve your mech while going through a huge story. Some of the things I remember are there was a mission where you had to blow up a wall, and you had to place a cockpit and engine on your mech. It was weight based, so as long as you had the part and enough load capacity you could put it on your mech. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was around 2003-2007. Sorry for the huge span, but I got it as a gift and don't know when it came out.

Sounds like one of the Front Mission games. Front Mission: Online came out 2005 ( http://squarefaction.ru/files/game/90/gallery/99cf518a813f44a07467d13309dc91bc.jpg )

I'm A Butt:
anyone remember an older FPS, may have been on ps2, that had a noticeable constant red color to everything with intentional scan lines. kind of like what the terminator would see.

Killer 7? ( http://dofuss.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/k7-fps.jpg )

Donkey456:
Hello
I just remembered some old game. It was 2D and you was somekind miner.You have pickaxe and shovel and maybe something else also. you was moving around and try kill all monsters (like Professor Fizzwizzle style, just better graphic). you needed to mine a block with pickaxe (it was a trap for monster) and wait he come your way and stuck in that missing block you mined, then you come to him and bury that hole with monster in it, thats the way killing them. And i also remember there was really annoying music in the background. I hope anyone know it.it was like 5-7 years ago or more.

Definitely a miner?
That mechanic was in lode runner
And solomens key I think

UnicornCrazy:

UnicornCrazy:
Heya, 9 or 10 years ago I played this game, where one controlled a marble and had to go through all these puzzles. The music and level backgrounds were always really nice, and extra levels appeared for Easter and Xmas and such, with music, level backgrounds, and sometimes extra puzzle components, all to match whatever holiday the set of levels was for.

I can't remember it much, (I was diddy at the time! xD) but sometimes I had to move the marble onto these pressure plates to toggle these yellow and black striped door things to get to the exit. I don't think it was possible to die, but some levels I found really hard, and I was never able to finish the game. It was a 2D game, just looking flat down onto the puzzle, with lots of bright colours. I think it had moveable blocks too, and I know each level was a tricky puzzle. It was REALLY addictive xD.

I don't remember much more than that, but if anyone knows what the game is called I'd be SO happy, cause I've been wanting to regain it for a few years now, and I just started searching but I've tried most search terms I can think of now and still haven't found it! :/

Please could someone help me find this game?

It was for computer and my parents said they found it for free download on the internet, and to say again it was completely 2D, and one looked straight down onto a completely flat puzzle.

I'll try to make a picture of what I remember of one of the puzzles and of the menu (I'll wait till I remember more for the menu though), but I'll describe them for now:

This one puzzle - I think it was puzzle 23? Had a blue background that I think was starry, and on one side there was a rainbow coloured waterfall with very basic animation. There were two pressure-plates toggling four yellow-and-black striped moving walls (They looked like doors to me, cause they moved on a hinge at one end). I think the static walls were completely yellow but I'm not 100% sure. I think the goal was a kind of hole or something that one had to get through the doors to get to. It had music that reminded me of being by a waterfall.

The menu had a blueish background, possibly starry again. I think it had the marble in it somewhere, but it might not had done. I think the menu buttons were a different shade of blue, with either white or gold lettering on them. I don't remember more than that atm though.

No buttons for the menu, just yellow text. Still don't remember anything else though. Please Please Please help me find this game, I made an account here just to find it! Just so people don't have to look back in the topic to know, it's not Marble blast or Marble Madness. :)

UnicornCrazy:

UnicornCrazy:

UnicornCrazy:
Heya, 9 or 10 years ago I played this game, where one controlled a marble and had to go through all these puzzles. The music and level backgrounds were always really nice, and extra levels appeared for Easter and Xmas and such, with music, level backgrounds, and sometimes extra puzzle components, all to match whatever holiday the set of levels was for.

I can't remember it much, (I was diddy at the time! xD) but sometimes I had to move the marble onto these pressure plates to toggle these yellow and black striped door things to get to the exit. I don't think it was possible to die, but some levels I found really hard, and I was never able to finish the game. It was a 2D game, just looking flat down onto the puzzle, with lots of bright colours. I think it had moveable blocks too, and I know each level was a tricky puzzle. It was REALLY addictive xD.

I don't remember much more than that, but if anyone knows what the game is called I'd be SO happy, cause I've been wanting to regain it for a few years now, and I just started searching but I've tried most search terms I can think of now and still haven't found it! :/

Please could someone help me find this game?

It was for computer and my parents said they found it for free download on the internet, and to say again it was completely 2D, and one looked straight down onto a completely flat puzzle.

I'll try to make a picture of what I remember of one of the puzzles and of the menu (I'll wait till I remember more for the menu though), but I'll describe them for now:

This one puzzle - I think it was puzzle 23? Had a blue background that I think was starry, and on one side there was a rainbow coloured waterfall with very basic animation. There were two pressure-plates toggling four yellow-and-black striped moving walls (They looked like doors to me, cause they moved on a hinge at one end). I think the static walls were completely yellow but I'm not 100% sure. I think the goal was a kind of hole or something that one had to get through the doors to get to. It had music that reminded me of being by a waterfall.

The menu had a blueish background, possibly starry again. I think it had the marble in it somewhere, but it might not had done. I think the menu buttons were a different shade of blue, with either white or gold lettering on them. I don't remember more than that atm though.

No buttons for the menu, just yellow text. Still don't remember anything else though. Please Please Please help me find this game, I made an account here just to find it! Just so people don't have to look back in the topic to know, it's not Marble blast or Marble Madness. :)

May be a stretch, but, was it Oxyd or Sansarom? :)

There was an old fighting game, 2D, I can only remember 2 things:

It had an rodeo arena with a row of bulls running around in the background where the fight takes place.
And one of the characters was a guy with skinny blue jeans, a black leather jacket, and long black hair, I think he wore a cap too. Oh and another character was a bald old man with a fu manchu moustache, the sterotypical sensei. I don't remember on what platform it was on, sorry.

Anticipated thank you.

I'm sorry, i can't seem to find the original post, but someone had described a space shooter game where your "ship" was basically an asterisk. Been dusting off some games *cough, cough* :) and i found a game called Survivor.

Hi there, I was playing my favourite game on ps1 like 10 years ago..
It's a game where you are a robot and you kill other robots.. There are 4 bases with robots... I only remember 1 map with sand and pyramids .. :PP You can upgrade your robot and it
is also a game for 2 players.. I remember I played it with my sister...
There's nothing more I can say about this game :/ anyone maybe know that?

Eremin:

It had an rodeo arena with a row of bulls running around in the background where the fight takes place.
And one of the characters was a guy with skinny blue jeans, a black leather jacket, and long black hair, I think he wore a cap too. Oh and another character was a bald old man with a fu manchu moustache, the sterotypical sensei. I don't remember on what platform it was on, sorry.

Anticipated thank you.

That would be Fatal Fury Special ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jqFPuFjrJo&t=5m20s )

Jblip:

The Silver Hawk:

Doomgriever:

King Of Dragons? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDGRUrtgKb4&t=23s )

(if not, was it 2D pixel graphics, or 3D? (Also, PC or Console?))

It's not King of Dragons either :/ It was a 2D game with pixel grafics, which I played on a PC.

Heroes of Might and Magic? Exile: Wicked Phenomenon perhaps? I'm still looking... :)

It's not that either :/ It was a 2D Sidescroller game

Milos Radovanovic:
It's a game where you are a robot and you kill other robots.. There are 4 bases with robots... I only remember 1 map with sand and pyramids .. :PP You can upgrade your robot and it

Is it one of the Armored Core games? ( Armored Core: Master Of Arena http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gKWgPccoPk&t=19m37s )

Milos Radovanovic:

Or was it Mechwarrior 2 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bonai7PXfUM&t=2m20s )

No it isn't that one :( .. It's game where you have like 4 robots and ..map is only 1 area xD damn.. You play versus other robots also ... :)

Katai:
Hello - I'm also searching for one particular game, since years now:

It came on a huge Demo CD, that also had Larry 7, Albion, MDK, Descent and Extreme Assault demo's on it, so it's probably around that time (win 95 / 98):

It's a 2d (space?) shooter, where you controll a ship and can fly around with it, completing different targets. But the first levels (I dont know the rest, had only a demo version after all) were located in a jungle, and in a desert, if I recall correctly. I dont know if it's going into space later.

It was rather good looking for the time, and the level design was built in different layers (so that the ship was covered by tree tops, etc - and secrets/updates were hidden that way. I always tought it was called 'firefight' or something similar, but searches for that term always turned up empty.

I would really love to find / play that one again!

That game exists, and incidentally was one I was looking for. http://www.gameswin.biz/gameen.php?id=1216

Registered an account just for this thread.

Year: Mid 90's
Type: Isometric / 3D
I think it I found it on a demo disc, but it was for the PC. Its based in the future, you're a women delivering packages or items and travel the planet visiting different cities, landscapes. There was a bar you could enter, you had a space ship and you had to find parts. Seems kind spacy. It is a old game, It was around the same time of G-Nome and Star Wars: Dark Forces came out. There was allot of dialogue between characters, a good story. I don't remember much.

Hey there i'm looking for a game i use to play around 10-12 years ago, was an rts game on the pc with the game play involving underground and the sky as well being on land. You build a base, units and harvest resources. I remember you had to harvest something like lava to build parts together for a big robot you would make to help fight in the missions. I cant remember the name of it for the life of me any help would be appreciated.

zlyrek10:
Registered an account just for this thread.

Year: Mid 90's
Type: Isometric / 3D
I think it I found it on a demo disc, but it was for the PC. Its based in the future, you're a women delivering packages or items and travel the planet visiting different cities, landscapes. There was a bar you could enter, you had a space ship and you had to find parts. Seems kind spacy. It is a old game, It was around the same time of G-Nome and Star Wars: Dark Forces came out. There was allot of dialogue between characters, a good story. I don't remember much.

Found it! - Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

Fudge yes! Yes! Yes! I can die happy!

what is the name of the pc game that you have to find things for a toad? These are all the details I remember: there's a toad that lives in the swamp, there's an old crippled man asking for flowers (such as daisies), a hawk that's in the desert and you have to search in these places for what the toad wants. To my knowledge it was a point-and-click game.

Doomgriever:

Eremin:

Anticipated thank you.

That would be Fatal Fury Special ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jqFPuFjrJo&t=5m20s )

Belive it or not. That's not the game, the game I am looking for had more of a japenese feel to it.
Thank you anyway.

When I was ver very young I played a First PErson shooter, the only things I remember is that you certailny had a pistol i the game (don't know about other weapons). It feeled like WOII or something, spy-icy. You were alone no teammates or something. I remember a mission where there was snow all around you, railroads/train or railcars and a red building. Most of the game was snowy missions I think. I don't know if I ever got to finishing it but it's bothering me for a few years and won't stop until my death or until I find this game... :/ I think maybe THQ has released or created it but the wikipedia pages are incomplete. (or atleast I >>think<< I remember a "THQ" logo when the game startsup). It's a Playstation 1 Game (or atleast I played it on the PS1, but maybe it's for the PS2 too or something? :/)

Thanks in advance whoever gets me out of this misery! XD

Eremin:

Doomgriever:

Eremin:

Anticipated thank you.

Belive it or not. That's not the game, the game I am looking for had more of a japenese feel to it.
Thank you anyway.

Okay how about Samurai Showdown, King of Fighters, Blazblue, Guilty Gear. BTW SNK fighting games were about as Japanese as you get :)

Ok guys hello I'm new here. So this is the game I was thinking about. It was a semi 3D rts game very similar to warcraft 3 but I remember i used to make fun of the graphics as it looked like it was made in paint. The soldiers had the same attack animation like raising their sword and lowering it and that was basically it. Cool thing about it was that as their health lowered you would see blood splatters on their bodies and it became increasingly red as they came near death. You had one building with upgrades and after a certain era evolution (kinda like age of empires) you could create pits or cursed monasteries or something like that and you could summon powerful undead creatures. I don't think they were factions since all soldiers builders etc looked the same the only difference was the color so they were all humans. The perspective was from the top. I think, emphasize on think, the name had something with "dark", "lords", "reign", "times", "age". I could be mistaken i don't really remember the name.
I used to make fun of this game untill I gave it a shot and it was quite decent although it seemed like a home made amateur game. I was playing this in 2002 or 2004 or somewhere around there.
It's a long shot but if anybody played or remembers this game it would be great. Thanks!

Jblip:

Oxyd certainly has the same view angle and art style on the puzzle (other than not being as colourful in the screenshot I've found), but unfortunately it's not the same game. :/ Thanks though!

In the very early 90s I remember playing a game in elementary school computer class where you choose the different body parts of creatures or aliens, like the head, torso, feet, to make your own creature (an alien or monster- not sure). I don't remember if there were actual game elements, I only remember making a bunch of different creatures and printing them out. I think the on-screen background was black and then the creatures were 2D - really basic graphics. I can't remember what type of computers we used, but they were pre-mice. Any ideas?

grasmanek94:
When I was ver very young I played a First PErson shooter, the only things I remember is that you certailny had a pistol i the game (don't know about other weapons). It feeled like WOII or something, spy-icy. You were alone no teammates or something. I remember a mission where there was snow all around you, railroads/train or railcars and a red building. Most of the game was snowy missions I think. I don't know if I ever got to finishing it but it's bothering me for a few years and won't stop until my death or until I find this game... :/ I think maybe THQ has released or created it but the wikipedia pages are incomplete. (or atleast I >>think<< I remember a "THQ" logo when the game startsup). It's a Playstation 1 Game (or atleast I played it on the PS1, but maybe it's for the PS2 too or something? :/)

Thanks in advance whoever gets me out of this misery! XD

Medal Of Honor 1? ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQWVOE_amYs )
Or Medal Of Honor: Underground (I don't remember if there are any snow levels in Underground, but you defenitely play as a spy)

Hi, I am looking for a game I played in the 90s. It was a point and click adventure game, cartoonish in style. The style of the game of gothic/fantasy looking (most likely). Your girlfriend gets kidnapped and you need to save her- in one part of the game you even get to play her.
The main character is most likely not a human and from what I recall may resemble one of the Animaniac characters (maybe).
Also, its not Grim Fendengo 100%.
Thanks!

UnicornCrazy:

Jblip:

Oxyd certainly has the same view angle and art style on the puzzle (other than not being as colourful in the screenshot I've found), but unfortunately it's not the same game. :/ Thanks though!

Oxyd has a sequel called Enigma. It was more colorful.

Hello,

I've been trying to find this one for years. I played it in the 90s under Windows and it's a top-down (camera-wise) shooter with lots of effects (explosions, sparks, etc.). I'm pretty sure the game takes place in some other planet, if not - it's probably in the future.

Many thanks!

Hystericmoon:

Donkey456:
Hello
I just remembered some old game. It was 2D and you was somekind miner.You have pickaxe and shovel and maybe something else also. you was moving around and try kill all monsters (like Professor Fizzwizzle style, just better graphic). you needed to mine a block with pickaxe (it was a trap for monster) and wait he come your way and stuck in that missing block you mined, then you come to him and bury that hole with monster in it, thats the way killing them. And i also remember there was really annoying music in the background. I hope anyone know it.it was like 5-7 years ago or more.

Definitely a miner?
That mechanic was in lode runner
And solomens key I think

Nope non of this game, well he was not actualy a miner it was somekind "hero" well he had a pickaxe and you was digging the blocks, The lode runner is very similiar to this game, it was better grpahic and that kinda stuff.

Hey
I can't remember old game where a wizard could turn to a monkey or dog, and smth else.
For example, when you can't jump over the pit, you can turn to a monkey and use the ropes.
Design of the game was kinda childish and cute. And there were also weird things, they called tulips, as I remember.

I'm looking for a game I played back in the 90's that was just a trial version on a CD for another game. I thought it might be a trial that was on a Sierra game disc, but looked through the Sierra titles and it doesn't ring a bell.

As I remember the game (I may a few details wrong though), you were on a pier facing some cliffs in the distance and if you jumped on a boat and tried to sail through the cliffs, they would close together on you and crush you. So you had to spring the trap by looking in a barrel on the dock that had something (some kind of food like fish or bread) and throw it toward the cliff which would cause a bird to dive for the food and trigger the cliff trap, then you could sail through on the boat. That's the only thing I remember the trial demo allowing you to do. Any idea what game this was?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

hi! I need some help as well. I'm looking for a game I used to play on playstation (not sure if 1 or 2 though). You could battle two dinosaurs against each other in multiplayer style. The ankylosaurus was the absolute boss if I recall correctly. Should be at least 8 years old.

thanks so much!

duchess101:
hi! I need some help as well. I'm looking for a game I used to play on playstation (not sure if 1 or 2 though). You could battle two dinosaurs against each other in multiplayer style. The ankylosaurus was the absolute boss if I recall correctly. Should be at least 8 years old.

thanks so much!

Warpath: Jurassic Park ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaWImtU3S0&t=8m30s )

Hi, when I was little I played this game it was kind of a creepy game! it was about a boy that was left alone at the house because his parents went to the grocery store. They never came back. But after that cutscene you had to fight zombies in a grave yard with a yo-yo. Atleast I think it was a yo-yo. So if anybody at all knows what I am talking about please tell me. I think it was on the PC!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 . . . 807 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here