Lil Gator Game release date trailer Nintendo Switch PC Steam Playtonic Friends MegaWobble nonviolent adorable adventure

Lil Gator Game, an Adorable Nonviolent Adventure, Launches in December

Publisher Playtonic Games and developer MegaWobble have announced a December 14, 2022 release date for adorable nonviolent adventure Lil Gator Game on Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. True to its name, you play as a lil gator exploring and having fun with friends on an island, and you will climb, glide, swim, and slide across the environment. There is no danger to worry about (The bad guys are imaginary and made of cardboard.) and no health bar to constantly manage — you just get the thrill of discovery!

Recommended Videos

As the developers explained back when the game was announced in September 2021, “Little Gator Game is built around the idea of uninterrupted exploration and child-like whimsy,” and the characters “learn to be better friends without ever losing their heart of gold.” In other words, this is top to bottom a game for all ages. Gameplay will vary as each part of the island has its own characters, geography, and quests to complete in order to make new friends. Lil Gator Game also uses crafting in unique ways, as you can customize new items that grant you new abilities.

If Lil Gator Game is as good as its release date trailer suggests, players of all ages should be in for a fun time this December. With a hat and a shield, the gator has some strong Link vibes, and a nonviolent Zelda adventure would theoretically be a recipe for dollar signs.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Everything Revealed on Honkai: Star Rail 2.2 Special Program Livestream
Read Article Mythical Pokemon Diancie Is Coming to Pokemon GO Through Free Special Research
Image of the Mythical Pokemon Diancie in a crystal-filled cave, next to the Pokemon GO and World of Wonders logos
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Related Content
Read Article Everything Revealed on Honkai: Star Rail 2.2 Special Program Livestream
Read Article Mythical Pokemon Diancie Is Coming to Pokemon GO Through Free Special Research
Image of the Mythical Pokemon Diancie in a crystal-filled cave, next to the Pokemon GO and World of Wonders logos
Read Article Pokemon Sleep Confirms Entei as Next Legendary Pokemon Players Can Catch
Image of Entei in front of a fiery background, with the Pokemon Sleep logo in the corner
Author
John Friscia
Former Managing Editor at The Escapist. I have been writing about video games since 2018 and editing writing on IT, project management, and video games for around a decade. I have an English degree, but Google was a more valuable learning resource. I taught English in South Korea for a year in 2018, and it was exponentially more fun than living in Pennsylvania. My major passions in life are SNES, Japanese RPGs, Berserk, and K-pop. I'm currently developing the game Boss Saga with my brother, which is guaranteed to change your life and you should buy it.