So I just cheated on Liara

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

You didn't cheat. Liara blew you off to chase the Shadow Broker. Also, you were gone for two years and it's fairly obvious that her "friend" (whose death got her to hunt the Shadow Broker) was more than just a friend. You got dumped, sir, regardless of what you may or may not think about Liara. So, no cheating there.

Kinda surprised so many people are pissed at Ashley/Kaidan. I mean how would you react if two years after the person you loved had died, they show up again at the scene of a violent battle working for a group notorious for evvvvviiiiilllllllll. Hell, I'd be pissed and confused too!

No one remember the Cerebus quest-line from Mass Effect 1 where it's revealed they'd been experimenting on Alliance soldiers turning them into mindless Husks? How they killed the commander who went after them and tried multiple times to kill you to?

Sure, Shepards back! But on the other hand you've been dead two years and unlike Liara, Ashley/Kaidan didn't even know what really happened to you. If you play with Femshep in the email from Kaidan he says that his friends had just convinced him to move on and try dating again before you showed up again. Similar story with Ashley.

So yeah, I'm not angry. It'd be much more out of character if they were to simply leap into your arms and act as though nothing had ever happened after all. Besides, we all know they'll be back for the conclusion.

My first character didn't have a romance with anyone in me1, but in me2 he did with Tali, who had some adorably awkward dialogue written for her character who clearly has had very little experience with romance. My second character is going to cheat on Kaidan with...Garrus? Sounds odd, but those two always got along swimmingly.

I cheated on Ashley for Miranda. Ashley said she had moved on, and I didn't really see any hope for that. But really, I wish I didn't go with Miranda. That wasn't romance, that was lust. It was stupid. Next playthrough I'm going for Jack: her story showed real potential for an amazing character change. Looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

My main Shep cheated on Liara with Tali... he's a more realistic paragon. Female Shepard is faithful to her... and well.... my renegade Shepard... yeah he just used Ash for her body anyway and will be enjoying some sweet genetically modified Miranda ass when I get around to it.

I cheated on Liara with Jack. That girl needs the hard approach, but I thought she'd see through me "Ah fuck it, lets have sex" bluff so early in the game (I haven't even got my team together) and call me out on it or something. Weeeeell she didn't.

Guitarmasterx7:
Well I never played ME1, but I boned all 3 of the girls in 2, so yes.

I think there are 4, not 3.
Not quite sure though.

The Madman:
Kinda surprised so many people are pissed at Ashley/Kaidan. I mean how would you react if two years after the person you loved had died, they show up again at the scene of a violent battle working for a group notorious for evvvvviiiiilllllllll. Hell, I'd be pissed and confused too!

No one remember the Cerebus quest-line from Mass Effect 1 where it's revealed they'd been experimenting on Alliance soldiers turning them into mindless Husks? How they killed the commander who went after them and tried multiple times to kill you to?

Sure, Shepards back! But on the other hand you've been dead two years and unlike Liara, Ashley/Kaidan didn't even know what really happened to you. If you play with Femshep in the email from Kaidan he says that his friends had just convinced him to move on and try dating again before you showed up again. Similar story with Ashley.

So yeah, I'm not angry. It'd be much more out of character if they were to simply leap into your arms and act as though nothing had ever happened after all. Besides, we all know they'll be back for the conclusion.

Yeah, I kind of have to agree with this.
In fact you can add this to the many points now why I remain faithful.

EDIT: That and I just found out that if you sleep with one of the female love interests.... the sex kills you. So yeah, not going to happen anytime soon.

EDIT 2: Plus after the confrontation you get an email from Ashley/Kaiden apologising for some of their actions and more or less confirming that they still have strong feelings for you, that too makes them quite redeemable.

Cheated on Ashley with Jack. Hey, when I met Ashley again she was a plain biznatch. And Jack is just so poor and innocent (sarcasm). I don't feel bad about it.

I left Liara and got with Tali. I always liked Tali better anyway, and Liara wasn't who she used to be. Wasn't much of an emotional thing or deep thought process, I simply like Tali better. I hope it carries on in the third as well. Her awkwardness is adorable, and I hope to get to see her face next time.

orannis62:

scnj:

orannis62:
I'm probably going to with Kelly (FemShep here, I'd do it with Tali if I could), but only for the full experience, I'm gonna stay faithful on the file I actually bring over to ME3, 'cause that's how my Shepard rolls.

Just so you know, romancing Kelly doesn't unlock the paramour achievement.

Oh. Good to know, thanks. Still, I like Kelly, I'll probably go for her on my first playthrough anyway (although I'm still conflicted about Garrus and, having not met Thane yet, I don't want to rule anything out).

Thane is pretty cool imo! Jacob is OK-ish and good guy but a bit cocky and arrogant for my tastes, Thane on the other hand is charismatic and has a far more illusive quality than the so called illusive man, so I would definitely hold on that decision.

The Madman:

Totally this ^ Well put! Not to mention

I had to complete Mass Effect 1 again in one night before I got Mass Effect 2, just to ditch the romance. I love Tali, which is another reason I didn't want a Biotic woman pissed at me and/or Tali

Tali is still my favorite female ally.

Plus, the choices in the first game sucked. Liara simply bothered me. I don't know why, but I just found her to be annoying. And Ashley had a bit more personality, but she was a bigot and seemed to repeatedly complain that she was related to someone in Shanxi as her excuse. I was in the Skyllian Blitz, Bitch!

I Stomp on Kittens:
Yes I did
I cheated on Liara for Miranda. I didn't want an alien to begin with and there was no way I was going for Ashley.
Ohhhh Miranda <3

This one just here reflects my views perfectly.

I cheated on Kaiden because I accidentally fucked Garrus.

In all honesty I accidentally opened up the love quest line and didn't have the heart to close it, because it's Garrus and Garrus is awesome. Also, being bitched out by Kaiden for something that was out of my control (AKA being dead) and then having him exclaim something along the lines of "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?" while I was dead, was not fun. He also did not accept this explanation, even though he was on a special mission that the Alliance and Captain Anderson specifically kept me from talking to him or even mentioning to him that I was alive. He should have known this. So yeah, retard. (Also I should have gotten the dialogue option to mention to that to him while I was there.)

Also, I worked with Cerberus because they were trying to save the galaxy and I didn't expect Kaiden to question my good judgement. (After all, I didn't leave him to die the first time through, though I did the second time and will every time after this because he was being a whiny little jackass.)

I will however remain loyal to Liara because she behaved like an adult. Kaiden and Ashley do not.

Donttazemehbro:
Ill say what i say on you tube, Miranda has the body but Tali has the personality. The romance scene with Miranda kicks the shit out of the romance scene with Tali, but i would choose Tali over Miranda. Besides, I always thought that a girl that stumbles all over her words when she talks to you was cute. Also, tali in the first game was kind of hinting that she liked Shepard but Bioware only let us have Liara and Ashely.

It was also a big dick move by Bioware for not showing us her face, but if you Google original concept art of a Quarian, u can see what they look like

what this guy said

I can tell you now, 100% sure, I am gonna cheat on Liara for Tali. Liara was all fine, but she was very difficult to relate to. Tali is far more of a developed personality and I do like quarians more that Asari.

Who cares. It's a damn video game character for chrissake!
Or are ME2 players turning into this guy:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.157514-Japanese-Man-Marries-Videogame-Girlfriend

WestMountain:
Liara is a blue alien smurf with fake emotions.. Does it make me racist that I think that of her?

I think you're Ashley in disguise...

As for me, I kept Shep away from both Liara and Ashley in my playthrough and saved all his luvvin' for Miranda.

Jandau:

David Bray:
So I just cheated on Liara with Tali in Mass Effect 2. Bioware boasted I would cheat but looking at Miranda e.t.c. was just boring. Then the emotional impact of Tali's story won me over.
Perhaps I will restart to correct my soul but I might stick with it as it's quite intense.

There have been a couple of threads on WILL you cheat, but in hindsight I am asking: Did you cheat?

You didn't cheat. Liara blew you off to chase the Shadow Broker. Also, you were gone for two years and it's fairly obvious that her "friend" (whose death got her to hunt the Shadow Broker) was more than just a friend. You got dumped, sir, regardless of what you may or may not think about Liara. So, no cheating there.

Yep. An asari ladyboy has his/her needs, right?

s69-5:
Who cares. It's a damn video game character for chrissake!
Or are ME2 players turning into this guy:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.157514-Japanese-Man-Marries-Videogame-Girlfriend

Are you trying to tell me that this "thing" I feel between Tali and I isn't real?

I ditched that cow Ashley and jumped on my true love, Tali.

After Ashley had her little bitch fit with me, I had no problem going with Tali instead. Hell, I'd have preferred Tali over all the others in the first place.

I couldn't help but be a bit pleasantly surprised by this particular addition to Mass Effect 2. Of all the women of Mass Effect that would be seduce-able, I didn't expect Tali to be one.

orannis62:
I'm probably going to with Kelly (FemShep here, I'd do it with Tali if I could), but only for the full experience, I'm gonna stay faithful on the file I actually bring over to ME3, 'cause that's how my Shepard rolls.

You can't have SEX with her, but she'll sit in your captain's quarters.

OT: I don't think it's cheating, especially since the character you had sex with in the first game pretty much gets pissed at you and essentially "breaks up" with you.

I haven't got ME2 YET (Probably next week,) so I'm running through the first game for the fourth time.

The reason? Level 60 and Iwant to be romanceless. After hearing about Liara's reaction to you and all that, I just don't want to wait until mass effect 3 to get some sort of thingamabob. So, when I get it, I'm going for Miranda.

The problem; I'm scared that Bioware is going to do to ME2 romances what they did to ME3 romances. :(

Also; I find the ME2 characters much more interesting anyway.

David Bray:

Quantitative error: Cannot correct that which is not incorrect.
(And yes. Yes we did. Like the fist of an angry God.)

Playing as a Femshep I chose Garrus, only because Thane was going to die soon.

I Stomp on Kittens:
Yes I did
I cheated on Liara for Miranda. I didn't want an alien to begin with and there was no way I was going for Ashley.
Ohhhh Miranda <3

Funny the person who steals my post word for word is also some one who threatens my life...

All I know is is that if there is a huge Days of our Lives scene in the 3rd one where your ex harasses you for "cheating" on them then I will keep my eyes fixed on the bottom left of my screen just waiting for that renegade option to flash. Then *BAM* right to the moon!

YOOOOUUU BIIIIIIICTH.

I probably will when i play, but I might not. It depends on how aloof I find Liara (like Susan Arendt did).

Is it possible that with all this alien shagging Commander Shepherd is going to become the James T Kirk of this generation?

I so cheated on Ashely with Tali. In ME1 alls i wanted for christmas was Tali but i got stuck with the lesser of two evils. ME2 gave me the opportunity i wanted. I honestly don't care what ashely's argument is as to why i should stay with her in ME3, Tali's too damn awesome.

Programmed_For_Damage:
Is it possible that with all this alien shagging Commander Shepherd is going to become the James T Kirk of this generation?

Depends when Mark Meer gets his act together to counter this gem:

I did NOT cheat on Liara.

It was excedingly hard to resist the Tali-mance, but I decided not to once I heard the semi-secret "why I'm angry at the shadow broker" conversation with Liara.

Internet Kraken:
This is why I haven't done any of the romance subplots. If BioWare actually pulls their shit together and makes a good romance in Mass Effect 3 (unlikely), I can pursue it with my old character without any guilt. But if I had formed a relationship with one of the Mass Effect characters, I would remain loyal. Because I'm sure betraying your partner just to have sex with the Quarian will have repercussions. I bet there will be an unskippable argument that is 10x more awkward than the dialogue from all the romance subplots combined. Enjoy.

Yep. I can invision that:

(on the holo-phone)
Shepard: "Oh, hi Liara. Miranda and I are making preparations for the wedding. So I though it'll be grand if you could attend."
Liara: "Oh, I see. Sure, I'll be there."
Shepard: "I also heard from Tali that you also got a daughter now. Who is the lucky father... or mother... well, the 'other one'?"
Liara: (silently looks away)
Shepard: "Come on."
Liara: "Its you..."
(sound of Shepard's jaw hitting the floor)

Hmmm, well with my paragon Femshep I decided it would be inappropriate RP for her to cheat on Liara even if she "cheated" first. Besides I liked Liara better than any of the other options presented, and it's not just the whole "lesbian" thing with me being a pseudo-perv... pretty much it seems to me that just about every male love interest in these games strikes me as being a dork. I don't know why, I'd have to get some women's opinion on things, it's probabjy just that I'm a guy.

When I play through with my secondary character a renegade male, I plan to cheat more or less for the achievement even though I'm playing the PC version.

As far as the availible options go, Kelly seems to be basically okay from what I've seen (but she doesn't count for the achievement), Miranda is hot but I honestly find her kind of annoying. Surprisingly I kind of like Subject Zero as a character a lot more than I thought I would, given her backround the attitude doesn't even annoy me quite as much as I thought it would. Even liking the whole "punk" movement fashion wise, I think her tattoos are a bit overdone/done badly. In general a tattooed "Shirt" can be made to look good, even if it's made up of a lot of differant things as opposed to designed as a whole, in her case it bothers me that you can't even really make out the specific things and there just seems to
be a lot of squiggles. Despite being a jerk my Renegade is still ultimatly a good guy, and I could see him trying to help her so to speak and things going that way [shrugs].

Loop Stricken:

Programmed_For_Damage:

Depends when Mark Meer gets his act together to counter this gem:

That... was.... awesome!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked