(SPOILERS) Questions/disscussion about Star Craft 2 story (SPOILERS)

Pages PREV 1 2

I have a question that, of course, needs spoiler tags.

It started eating away at me after I finished playing for the day.

Last Bullet:

That's simple.

Choice 1 you save everyone including Doctor Woman. Choice 2 you murder everyone including Doctor Woman.

Protoss will be happy in both choices. Though I believe they fight you in choice 1,(I went with murder.) while in choice 2 they leave you alone.

oliveira8:

I thought that Kerrigan was already out of the cycle. That the Overmind created her, because she wouldn't be in Xel'Naga control when he died. Thought that was the whole plan!

True, except that throughout the singleplayer every encounter with Kerrigan has her being rather... apathetic towards the whole 'death of everything' thing. If anything judging by her speech in that one ridiculously awesome cinematic where she fought Zeratul, she was embracing the idea. It's Zeratul who says 'there is always hope' and whatnot, while Kerrigan seems ready and willing to step into oblivion.

But that's only from what we've seen. Hopefully with the Heart of the Swarm her motivations both before and after her de-zergification will be further explained. Maybe she had a plan and now it's all been screwed up, maybe she didn't, we don't know. Hell, we don't even know her state at the end of the game, only that she aint quite as ugly and seems to have some of her personality back.

Eric the Orange:

Kuhkren:
snip

Well, to add more spoilers to this, secret mission of brood war.

The Madman:

oliveira8:

I thought that Kerrigan was already out of the cycle. That the Overmind created her, because she wouldn't be in Xel'Naga control when he died. Thought that was the whole plan!

True, except that throughout the singleplayer every encounter with Kerrigan has her being rather... apathetic towards the whole 'death of everything' thing. If anything judging by her speech in that one ridiculously awesome cinematic where she fought Zeratul, she was embracing the idea. It's Zeratul who says 'there is always hope' and whatnot, while Kerrigan seems ready and willing to step into oblivion.

Embracing the idea of dying. She misinterpreted the prophecies just like Zeratul did, till he went to talk to the Preservers/Overmind. That the Xel'Naga would return and murder everyone. Which they are half right. The Xel'Naga want to use the Zerg to kill everyone else and then kill the Zerg. Kerrigan tends not to like being used in schemes that will get her killed. Not since New Gettysburg. ^^ We only know this because of Zeratul and the Overmind talk. Kerrigan never had that talk.

Also remember that is Duran who controls the Moebius Foundation. Same company that make you go search for the relics that end up saving Kerrigan. There is what appears, to be a plan by Duran to put out the Queen of Blades out of the picture. Seeing that no one was trying hard enough to kill her, he decided that giving Raynor the weapon to save her, is what will give the Terrans enough crazy to go to Char and rescue/kill her.

Makes kinda of sense considering what we know so far. I mean her hair in the end might just be some spiffy new dreadlocks. ^^

Since this is a thread with spoiler, I am not going to add any spoiler tag. Firstly, I think the UED will come back in one of the expansions. Remember that in sc1, it was only a SMALL taskforce, not the whole army and all.
Secondly, I think Duran will appear in the HotS, maybe because he is Dr. Narud?
And this Overmind being corrupted and all, doesn't fit with me. Zerg were awesome when they were maniacal killers, now Overmind was just trying to help save the universe and freeing the zerg from slavery?

Ayush Passi:
Since this is a thread with spoiler, I am not going to add any spoiler tag. Firstly, I think the UED will come back in one of the expansions. Remember that in sc1, it was only a SMALL taskforce, not the whole army and all.
Secondly, I think Duran will appear in the HotS, maybe because he is Dr. Narud?
And this Overmind being corrupted and all, doesn't fit with me. Zerg were awesome when they were maniacal killers, now Overmind was just trying to help save the universe and freeing the zerg from slavery?

I think the Overmind was just looking out for himself and the Zerg, he didn't intend to save universe. Think of it has added bonus. After foiling the plans of the Xel'Naga the Zerg can murder the Terrans and Protoss while everyone is trowing a "Saved the Universe" party.

Okay, Duran is NOT Xel'Naga agent. He is a void agent. Also I'm surprised no one's mentioned the secret mission in Brood War.

Danund81:
Okay, Duran is NOT Xel'Naga agent. He is a void agent. Also I'm surprised no one's mentioned the secret mission in Brood War.

I can safely say that the Voice in the Darkness and the Dark Voice are not the same...well in my opinion. First they have different names, (nice naming there Blizz). From what I could tell the Dark one wants eradicate the 3 Races(probably with the Humans lumped in with the Terrans) so it can shape life in its "image" and at this point he does succeed since we got a vision with the Hybrids(imperfect but that didn't stop them ) wiping out the Toss and Zerg the Terrans were already were killed off .
The Voice in the Darkness devoured civilizations until dropkicked by the Xel'Naga then trapped in a Argus Crystal, frankly he didn't care he just found the Protoss more nutritious than the Terrans(Psionics wise) and already had intimate knowledge of the current conflict with little interest.
Also it was trapped within the Prison meaning he could not have done anything major until freed. This whole thing was speculated by some of my friends and I.

Kuhkren:
snip

Ah that makes much more sense. I don't remember that from brood war, but maybe I didn't play that secret mission. But it's been awhile sense I played brood war at all, so maybe I just forgot.

Eric the Orange:

Kuhkren:
snip

Ah that makes much more sense. I don't remember that from brood war, but maybe I didn't play that secret mission. But it's been awhile sense I played brood war at all, so maybe I just forgot.

Ah no problem, its a cool hidden bit that really brings some ominous foreshadowing :) .

I'm not sure if some one mentioned it, i couldn't be bothered reading all the posts, but how do you think the secret level in starcraft 2 factors into the story.

The whole thing hinged together quite nicely for me actually.

About the only thing I'd say is 'is it still double crossing someone if you quite clearly state your intent for months on end and your allies discover that you're being made to do it months in advance?'

Oh and in the 'save the colonists' mission ending is the doctor still affected? Is this a 'bogus' ending or does the storyline justify your action whichever way you swing?

Generic Gamer:
Oh and in the 'save the colonists' mission ending is the doctor still affected? Is this a 'bogus' ending or does the storyline justify your action whichever way you swing?

I'm thinking that the doctor got herself infected trying desperately to work on a cure, driven to recklessness by the thought of her people being butchered.

Last Bullet:

See above for why I think the doctor got infected. IIRC, the Protoss wanted to burn the world because of the infection, but the doctor wanted to protect all the colonists as she worked on a cure. If you side with the Protoss you go down to gib the infested which drives the idealistic romantic doctor insane to the point where she maybe accidentally infested herself with a zerg sample. If you side with the Doctor, the Protoss get all pissy because they reckon you need to cleanse ALL the colonists to contain the infestation - I don't think the Protoss were willing to settle for half measures, heh.

Eric the Orange:

UED and the cerebrates were both mentioned in the manual (I think), but I can't remember if they were in the install info. So no, it's not being retconned - I suspect that we'll be seeing much more of the EDF to flesh out the fallen Dominion as the Terran enemy in the other race's campaigns - can't very well have Kerrigan killing Raynor's Raiders now, can we?

It could be Mengsk that's controlling Tychus, but then again it's pretty likely to be the Mobius doctor Narud, especially if the whole Narud = Duran thing bears out. Think about it - Tychus tells Raynor that the Mobius chaps got him out of jail, then Mobius sends him on missions to get a weapon that will render Kerrigan vulnerable whilst conveniently putting him in a position to kill her. Mengsk's involvement could have been manipulated by the Mobius foundation through Valerian all along. Of course, it could also be the Prince who's pulling the strings but I have him pegged for a different kind of nasty. I just don't think that Mengsk would stoop to letting Raynor do his dirty work when he could have got Tychus to try n kill him at any point and then not have had to worry about the only significant Terran rebel group.

We shall see...

Wicky_42:
snip

Quite possible, I didn't actually read the manual. And yeah I admit my reasoning is based on the sound of the voice. I guess I should listen to Nurads voice in the mission he talks and see if it sounds similar.

Captain Ninja:
snip

If I had to guess the fallen is manipulating mengsk into helping him create an army of fallen 'cause as Raynor says in that level terrens don't have the tech to do all that was in that lab.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked