9.4% (42)
9.4% (42)
None of them.
16.5% (74)
16.5% (74)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Romance options in Mass Effect 2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Mass Effect 2 has three female and three male options for the "Romance" sub-quest. You could also choose not to advance any of these quests, particularly if you wanted to maintain your character's existing relationship from Mass Effect.

Who did you pick? Post a comment saying why...

I chose Miranda first time, don't know why, just felt like it.
Although when I play it again I will probably stick with Liara for the next game, I imagine that it could get... messy otherwise.

My male shepard chose Tali. My fem shepard chose Garrus. I like the kinda shyness.

I chose none of them because the conversations that I would of had to listen to cause a very severe illness to take over my body.

Tali, my nerd-xeno princess...

my first play through, my 'main' I guess you could say, stayed true to Liara. Other play throughs, well, it's in character for my renegade shep to betray Liara, have a quick fling with Jack, flirt with Kelly and get dances from her while romancing Miranda isn't it?

ConnorCool:
I chose Miranda first time, don't know why, just felt like it.
Although when I play it again I will probably stick with Liara for the next game, I imagine that it could get... messy otherwise.

My first character chose Miranda (I just can't stand Jack), but my second character stayed with Liara. I'm intrigued to see how those alternatives will play out in ME3.

Male Shep: Miranda cuz of DAT ASS!
Fem Shep: Garrus. Too badass to choose anyone else.

I didn't find most of the romance options appealing in ME2. In my playthroughs, I stayed loyal to Liara/Kaidan respectively. If I had to pick, it would be Thane for FShep and Tali for MShep.

Ah, just noticed that poor Thane got left off.

I was conflicted with Tali and Jack, as many of you may know, but I choose Jack in the end.

On my first playthrough I stuck with Kaidan.
On my second I chose Garrus, Mainly because I wanted the paramour achievement.

Garrus and Jack.

ConnorCool:
I chose Miranda first time, don't know why

I know why...

OT: I played through enough times to pick all of them because I made it my mission to cheat on Liara... I wanted to see what happened, like if she busted onto your ship and went berserk...

male, good, shep: jack, i've always been attracted to the weird, i find nothing hotter than a girl who can defend herself, and i sympathize with her.

female, evil shep: garrus, because fuck, its garrus!

male, good with evil tendencies, shep: liara, because she's who i picked in the first game and thats who i'll be sticking with.

None of them. I think that romances in video games are never handled well. I tried a romance in Mass Effect, and it didn't work out. The dialogue felt forced and awkward and the whole thing was to artificial. The inherent problem with a video game relationship is that they never feel real to me. I just can't accept that these two people are so deeply in love when they have only been around each other for a few hours and held about four conversations. Now in the game they may have been with each other for days/months/years, but I as the player have only seen them together for a few hours. For me the whole thing feels fake because of that.

Romances are something I wish BioWare would just drop because they actually have a negative impact on the game. There is a severe lack of dialogue for any character you don't romance. In Mass Effect 2, you could have only about 2 conversations with each romance option if you don't choose to fuck them. Garrus will always be calibrating the damn engines and Jack will just tell you to piss off. Both of these character have almost no dialogue when you don't romance them, and to me that is a big problem. Each character should have a large pool of dialogue. I wouldn't be opposed to romances if they clearly weren't robbing players like me of a good chunk of the game's dialogue.

I'm not surprised to see that most people romanced Tali either.

I only chose the romance options to hear Mordin's spectacular advice for each of them, so my opinion on the matter is not exactly valuable

Jark212:
Tali, my nerd-xeno princess...

I gave her more than a cold har har har har

First play through I chose Jack. I know everyone "hates" her but I thought she had a great story. I wasn't a fan of Miranda (dont hate her, just imagined her as an actual person and she seems like she'd be a stuck up biznich) and Jack didn't like her so Jack it was. Second was Tali because come on, we all wanted to see under that mask. (Damn you Bioware!) For female shepard I chose Thane. Garrus seemed like the friend you would sleep with and would ruin your relationship, and Jacob was just off to me. Thane is an awesome character, and has an amazing back story. Now I have to do a play through with romancing no one because hopefully I can romance Liara in the new DLC. She was always my favorite.......I have to go play Mass Effect 2 now

Garrus.

He's just freaking awesome, and fits well with how my Shepard is developing- if she has a romance, it's best to have someone who can make heads asplode and add guns to your ship. If ME3 makes you choose between the one in ME1 (I'm an achievement nut)... eh, I didn't care much for whatshisname anyway. (I seriously can't remember it.)

ETA: I'm also planning on doing another run from 1 to 2 with no romance in the first...

I picked Miranda. It just seems like the developers put a ton of time and effort into making her character a little more complex than your standard gaming fare.

Although, if I had to choose now, I would pick Jack. She is much more complex and seems like the end result would be well worth the work that you had to put in to get her to trust you.

Kelly feeds my fish.

XSA37:
I picked Miranda. It just seems like the developers put a ton of time and effort into making her character a little more complex than your standard gaming fare.

Although, if I had to choose now, I would pick Jack. She is much more complex and seems like the end result would be well worth the work that you had to put in to get her to trust you.

If you have not seen the clip for romancing her, I high recommend doing so. Quite frankly I believe it is one of the best moments in the game from a character development stand point. They make you genuinely interested in Jack and her life, or rather that was my approach when having seen her romance. Miranda I like however my concern is she will remain snobbish afterward when exploring her insecurities about being perfect would be far more intriguing.

Dr. Paine:

ETA: I'm also planning on doing another run from 1 to 2 with no romance in the first...

I never really thought about doing that. Its a good idea, and hopefully they will address it in ME3.

-30G Space Loner. "Really? You couldn't find time to romance even a fictional girl?"

Madnezz:
Kelly feeds my fish.

I think this may just be the single most coherent post here. Congratulations good sir, you have turned the simple fact of a favor being performed by a fellow crewmate into a sexual innuendo.

Great job. I commend you.

I wanted to romance Grunt.

So badly.

None for my primary Shepard. His interests weren't accommodated by Bioware.

Jerks.

Miranda.

A sweet ass and hot Australian accent? I mean, really hit my weak points

again with this thread
I think you should have picked "search bar" as your love interest

OT: Miranda cause she's freaking HOT

Sorry, folks, but I like to think I was raised right; when I played, Shepard passed that alien ass over and spent some 'quality time' with his picture of Ashley.

Of course, in my next playthrough, Lando had sweet Bloodsucker sex with Tali.

I had intended to stay faithful to Liara from the first game, but ended up courting Jack and Tali and after I got the same dialogue from Jack after every mission I thought that our chance was over(when apparently it wasnt) and just decided to go with Tali. Jack wasn't too crazy about me after I broke it off with her.

Anyone but Jacob.

Seriously, does anyone likes Jacob ? personality-wise or even gameplay-wise, he sucks so hard...

He's been nicknamed Jacob the Janitor on my Normandy.

On my pragon male character, none, on renegade, all three baby.

HT_Black:
Sorry, folks, but I like to think I was raised right; when I played, Shepard passed that alien ass over and spent some 'quality time' with his picture of Ashley.

I spit my soda all over my screen when I read this. Luckily my comp is ok, and the cleanup was totally worth it. Haven't laughed so hard in awhile, and funniest thing ive read all week

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked