Shiny Shiny Pokies!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I've got a shiny mew, mewtwo, tentacool and those are the only ones I can remember, I may have more!

With all my years of playing, I only came across Shinies when I got HG, and to my surprise, I've ran into two! 8D

God, it was on the first day I got it too, it must've been my luck since it came out on the day after my birthday. On my way to Violet, the first pokemon I see in that patch just outside of it:

Shiny Bellsprout!(Who nows kicks ass for me in place of Meganium as a shiny Victreebel 8D)

This one I ran into when I was going through rock tunnel, a little while before I ran into it, I found a Kengaskhan, and since Kenhaskhans are awesome, I decided to try to catch it, the bugger took up a hell of a lot of pokeballs. I regret actually trying to catch him now, because shortly after, I ran into:

Shiny Geodude!

So... I only had like, level 50+ on my team, and he was level 12, so I was forced to use Crobat to confuse him down to size, and (Shiny 8D)Victreebel to put him to sleep. When I went to pick out a ball to throw, all I had left, was a single Moon Ball. I was retardedly scared that it wouldn't work! D: But when I threw it, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, ding! It was caught, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! 8D But... Since Shiny Geodude is Gold, and the rest of the evos take like, a ugly brownish colour, he's gonna stay in my box being an epic trophy of epicness.

I've never seen a shiny in my life. Which is weird because I've played every Gen. Guess I'm just unlucky.

interspark:
snip

imagemy only shiny was this back in pokemon crystal :(

how the hell did you get 3/4?

When I saw this thread, I had to think about this video

OT: I think I've only encountered two shinies in my Poketrainer ccareer but I don't remember which Pokemon they were because it was a long time ago. I thought something was wrong with my game, I didn't know what shinies were.

I currently have 3 shinies, Not including the automatic red gyarados you get in HG/SS

A Shiny Gyarados I found as a magikarp in Mt.Coronet on my platinum version as I was searching for feebas.

I came across a shiny cressilia while I was Training one of my other pokemon, happened the same day as the Gyrados

A shiny Nidoqueen I found as a Nidoran F in the safari zone in HG. I'm currently using it in my battle frontier team.

I did have a shiny raticate I found in the gold version way back, but I think the save file was deleted at some point, same thing with a blue electrike.

I found all of mine in HG, but I found four so far:
DISCLAIMER: these are all from pearl/diamond. Its the most recent ones I have and could find.

Cyndaquil(when i picked my starter, it was female and shiny and when i first picked it)

Gible (Second gible i found, third in that safari zone area, male)

Ho-oh (when i went to go catch it, without soft resetting)

Latias (Without soft resetting, but it took me six different tries to catch her. Caught her between Celadon and Saffron)

These were all in one play through, without cheating. and yes, i did not include the red Gyrados.

Only one true shiny being a gold Donphan encountered in HG's victory road. And then there's the Lake of Rage Gyarados, a Pichu from an event, and a hacked Blaziken someone mystery person forked over for a Magikarp.

My brother is luckier, getting a gold Luvdisc (why is it always gold?) while surfing, resetting about 40 times for a purple Regigigas, and missed out on a shiny Cressilia.

Shiney Graveler (gold), Shiney Snubbul (grey)and a shiney horsea/seadra/kingdra......but those last two were on the original silver :(

Ahlycks:

interspark:
snip

imagemy only shiny was this back in pokemon crystal :(

how the hell did you get 3/4?

well, when i see a shiny, theres no messing around! i send out the weakest one, that will do the least damage, and whittle down its health, sparing no expence in medicine or pokeballs, i will admit it was lucky they never caught me without pokeballs, but i do try to keep stocked just in case ;)

emeraldrafael:

Latias (Without soft resetting, but it took me six different tries to catch her. Caught her between Celadon and Saffron)

These were all in one play through, without cheating. and yes, i did not include the red Gyrados.

have you ever considered the fact that you might be god? so when you find latias, is it shiny the first time you see it? and every time after that?

Eleven years I've been playing Pokemon. ELEVEN. I haven't even SEEN a shiny.

Beryl77:
When I saw this thread, I had to think about this video

clearly this kid has never heard of a jinx, knowing fate, after the 20th round of "OH MY GOD AHHHHHH!!" the screen would change to "the ponyta fled!", i guess what would have been funniest is if he went to his pokeball pocket and found it empty, or is his ninetail knocked it out with a critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical critical hit ember, the lol potential is off the charts!

Only shiny I have ever run across (also caught) was a shiny Tentacool.

I've had 2. A blue Swinub which evolved into a blonde Mamoswine and a gold and silver Ho-oh.

interspark:

emeraldrafael:

have you ever considered the fact that you might be god? so when you find latias, is it shiny the first time you see it? and every time after that?

Well, you flatter me. I dont htink i'm GOD. But yeah, maybe i'm abit special. and yeah, but its only one latias, so i just figured becuase there is only one latias so if you saw it shiny once, it would be shiny each time after.

anyway, i just looked through my other games. I've had shiny pokemon in every game since they were introduced. I could give you a list of all of them. I have to look again through my games to see. and i found the odds. SOrry if someone else posted it, but the odds are 1 in 8,192.

Unabletothinkofname:

Yeah. Only shiny I ever come across by pure luck was a Poochyena in Emerald. :(

I think you'd have to be a masochist or cheat just to actively find/get one in anything that isn't DPPt.

Nostalgia:

Unabletothinkofname:

I think you'd have to be a masochist or cheat just to actively find/get one in anything that isn't DPPt.

like i say, i found all but one of mine in emerald, wanna hear something else that strange? ive encountered the pokerus 3 times, ALL on emerald, ALL originating from newly hatched pichu!

I got a golden Geodude once, it looked like popcorn chicken.

interspark:

Nostalgia:

Unabletothinkofname:

like i say, i found all but one of mine in emerald, wanna hear something else that strange? ive encountered the pokerus 3 times, ALL on emerald, ALL originating from newly hatched pichu!

Conspiracy, I say.

lol all i have is shiny goldeen

Never found myself a shiney Pokémon ever.
Except for the Red Gyarados in Gold/Silver.

I saw a shiny Wurmple and a shiny Electrike. That's all.

About three, Blue Flamed Ponyta, Green Doduo/Dodrio, and Aron/Lairon/Aggron with a colour that I forgot.

Also, technically I traded an egg to a friend that turned out to be a yellow Charmander, I would've asked for it back but he swapped me the shiny Aron egg rather strangely.

had a shiny raticate once... looked a bit crap tbh xD
still the only wild shiny i've ever seen over many, many, many playthroughs of 8 different pokemon games.

well except for the purple charizard i had on an emulator... but i cheated to get that so it doesnt count

Xpwn3ntial:
Purple Sharpedo, light brown Zigzagoon, teal Latios, gold Magikarp.

Zigzagoon came with Pokerus.

The Latios was LEGIT?! Wow.

Caught a shiny Tangela in gold version way back when and in Soul Silver I caught me a shiny Bellsprout!
To the person that got a hold of a shiny starter, Ho-Oh AND Latias without soft-resetting is one lucky maw

I've had a Green Zubat and a Brown Rhyhorn on Saphire...

...and I hatched a Blue Zangoose on HeartGold right before I started a new game... Now it's my main Pokemon in my party!

moose_man:

Xpwn3ntial:

Yes. No cheating on my part. In the same play through of Ruby as the Zigzagoon. Too bad I sold that copy before Generation IV.

I only ever ran across and caught a shiny Buneary. For whatever it was worth.

How are people finding this many shinies? I've never seen any.

Shad0w Assas5in:
Just thought i'd say I am envious of every other person that replies in this thread.
Shiny pokemon seen = 0

Sigh...likewise.

Ooh, I also got a shiny machoke.

It kicked ass.

Well, I didn't actually use it, but still.

Bah humbug.

Xpwn3ntial:

moose_man:

Xpwn3ntial:

Yes. No cheating on my part. In the same play through of Ruby as the Zigzagoon. Too bad I sold that copy before Generation IV.

Nice. I sold my diamond before realizing all my great emerald pokes were in there, but I never got it, since I beat the league and sold it the next day.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked