36.9% (73)
36.9% (73)
?
22.2% (44)
22.2% (44)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Pyro- Man or Woman?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This heated subject of many debates is still an ongoing topic.
I would like to hear from you, Pyro, Man or Woman and why?
Personally Pyro is a girl for me because she is the only girl class then.

Pyro should be a girl.. Simply because a pyromanic female.. sounds kinda hot..

crazyfoxdemon:

^ This, so very, very much...

Are we talking about this Pyro?

Neither, the Pyro is actually a technologically advanced android that was accidentally brought from the future in a time rift that the Engineer created.

Skullkid4187:
Are we talking about this Pyro?

No, the Pyro from Team Fortress 2 I believe.

PlasmaFrog:
Neither, the Pyro is actually a technologically advanced android that was accidentally brought from the future in a time rift that the Engineer created.

Or maybe the soldier insulted a wizard again or something.

I believe the Newgrounds fan-video of "Meet The Pyro" is all we need to answer this question.

crazyfoxdemon:

i c wat u did thar

OT: I always have and always will think of the pyro as a girl.

I always thought he was a woman due to a fan video.....but will we ever know?

Voice is too low to be a chick. crazyfoxdemon is right though, a pyro chick does sound kinda awesome, but before I finished that thought, I realized she'd be the only female on the team, and the thought of the rule 34 shit that would come out within moments from that revelation is terrifying.

Why is this debate still going on? Pyro is voiced by an adult male and his muffled voice is too deep to be a girl's.

Pyro is and will always be an unknown, and I rather like that.

I've always liked to believe the rumor that it is female just for the sake diversity.

Just the way the suit looks on Pyro makes me think it's a guy, but it's probably a girl.

I figure Pyro is a female for the sake of balancing the demographics a minuscule amount. Also because of Pyro's humiliation stance.

It looks like a dude, it sounds like a dude, it acts like a dude. QED, it's a dude.

Though I'm gonna get on board with the sentiment that a pyro female would be HOT*. Provided she didn't look like the actual Pyro.

*Pun intended, of course.

Pronouns in the game refer to her, so I'm pretty sure she's female.

The build of the character is pretty obviously male. That's to say nothing about the voice. Although it's muffled. It really doesn't sound feminine.

If it's a female. They did a grand job as disguising it as a male.

This will never be solved, since Valve is full of too much troll to actually answer that question. :D

It's just an empty suit animated by a very powerful brain slug

I think he's male, but it'd be cool if I was wrong

I think it'd be awesome if the Pyro was a chick... but I feel that he's a guy. The voice is disguised, but it gives me a 'guy' feel. Also, all of the playable characters in the game are guys. THEREFORE, I have reason to believe that the Pyro would also be a guy. It would seem strange if there was a single girl in a flock of guys.

I think that his ambiguity isn't to hide the gender, but to hide a background. This crazy guy who's obsessed with fire is a manifestation of destruction. Without a face or (good)voice to go on, we can only judge the actions.

Zakarath:
Pronouns in the game refer to her, so I'm pretty sure she's female.

On the menu/Loaing screens? They actually cycle for example
The Pyro can airblast enemys, She/He can also flame them

Its very confusing actually

I would think they were trying to trick us into think its a man when its actually a women as we would always expect an unknown characters gender to be the gender people assoiate to be the better one (although there are more/better reasons, this was the onyl one I could think of)

although then again it could be a double bluff and actually we have a male because we all wanted to see a women in TF2

so really it could go either way, until the meet the pyro video then any guess is good.

My opinion would be the pyros gender will remain annoymous for a long time or for ever.

Cid SilverWing:
Why is this debate still going on? Pyro is voiced by an adult male and his muffled voice is too deep to be a girl's.

Yeah but think about it, Darth Vader was a white man with a black man's voice, think about it.

I thought it was a guy until I noticed something. In the spawn areas on 2Fort, you'll notice a little locker/cubby area where there are some items belonging to each class; the sniper's hat, the demoman's vest, etc. And in the pyro's area there's the mask, fire suit, and a pink (or blue depending on what team you're on) purse thing with a flower on it. So either the pyro's a girl, or he has a feminine side that he's not afraid to show. Or rather he'll burn anyone who calls him a wussy.

Quiet Stranger:

Cid SilverWing:

Yeah but think about it, Darth Vader was a white man with a black man's voice, think about it.

this is only going to tell us wether the pyro is black or white not male or female

I always bought into the whole 'the Pyro should be a woman' kind of deal - but in the end, I think the developers meant for it to be a man.

its an alien!
or a robot!

Does it matter?

Fr]anc[is:
It's just an empty suit animated by a very powerful brain slug

HOLY SHIT SO THATS WHAT THE BRAIN SLUG IS FOR
And yeah, there's an evil laugh soundfile that's clearly male, but Pyro's always a herm to me.

i think pryo is a pretty cool herm, shi burns stuff and doesnt afraid of anything

Pyro's my main class at the moment. Shi's perfect for taunts and pissing around on servers like Shendileers ^^
And I have a pink Foster's Facade. Hurray :3

crazyfoxdemon:

This guy here has seen the light!

The people who created the personality and looks of the classes said that they wanted to have at least one woman in the "sausagefest". And the flowery purse in the spawn room, and the humiliation stance and the fact that almost every other class jokes about pyro beinga woman, Valve also changes from "he" to "she" in the "this is *class*, why dont you give *him/her* a shot?" And vsom very feminine hats, "madame dixie"?

The Pyro is a man. A very ugly man with an oddly shaped head.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked